Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
I think he is at $44,000 including the price of the car. That includes all suspension, safety equipment (including cage with door bars), wheels and tires, Turbo Kit, Fuel System, Tuning, Engine.

This is done the RIGHT way, so if you took the same style of build over to a GT you would be much deeper in the hole in my opinion. Even running a big single on a 15+ GT would net you a pretty penny if you used quality components. Then you have to find someone that can actually tune it and not have TERRIBLE part throttle drivability.

This car drives like stock and still gets 30mpg, that is because when he isn't wot all the fueling is still 100% factory and the engine is now MORE efficient.
Sponsored

KrisR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP 50th Premium
Cool, thanks for explaining, Adam. It makes sense. I don't know anyone who has 'terrible' part throttle driveability with a 600-700whp modern turbo/SC V8 Mustang though. It's so easy to make that kind of power with only 8-10lbs of boost from any 76mm-ish turbo and stock cams, heads, intake, etc. They all pretty much drive like stock as far as I know. My 05 GT and 99 GT both had 600-700whp and drove like stock cars but made 700wtq on E85 with 80lb injectors, and the '99 had aftermarket medium-sized cams in it too. It took a lot more boost on my cars (around 20lbs) because they were older/lower compression/not as efficient as the Coyotes. But I understand your point.

OP
OP

sb1racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I've owned my share of v8's making 800-1400hp+ over the years. This is actually the first 4 banger I've ever built, besides my 600hp Hayabusa street bikes. As for why it's a true daily driver, drove it to work today, that as Adam mentioned still gets almost 30mpg. I've never owned any v8's that got over 10mpg, made that kind of power, drive like a stock car and still had remote start! Not to mention it's a fairly quiet mild car, until the turbo spools up. It's cold here in Michigan so use remote start to fire it up @ 5am in my driveway without a problem. My v8's would have had the cops visiting my house if I fired them up and let them idle at that time of the morning lol. Although everyone at work today says it sounds like a damn 747 when I drive through the parking lot!

Not to mention it's a relatively cheap toy, I've owned plenty of engines that cost more than this entire car!! I think Adam may be a little high but I honestly have no idea and don't really want to know hahahaha...

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
Awesome work guys. I love it.

Interested to see the next round of numbers.

Any chance of a video?

Thanks for sharing the details and lets get some more pictures. I love these kind of threads.

ematito

ematito
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ematito
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost 334whp 360 wtq
I think he is at $44,000 including the price of the car. That includes all suspension, safety equipment (including cage with door bars), wheels and tires, Turbo Kit, Fuel System, Tuning, Engine.

This is done the RIGHT way, so if you took the same style of build over to a GT you would be much deeper in the hole in my opinion. Even running a big single on a 15+ GT would net you a pretty penny if you used quality components. Then you have to find someone that can actually tune it and not have TERRIBLE part throttle drivability.

This car drives like stock and still gets 30mpg, that is because when he isn't wot all the fueling is still 100% factory and the engine is now MORE efficient.
44k including suspension the wheels and tires, the safety and of course the car but without all that. Just the built motor with the auxiliary fuel and the turbo kit. Thanks

Sponsored

ematito

ematito
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ematito
Vehicle(s)
Heading to Track Soon!

Tuning and Build Coordination by Adam @ Tune+ (www.adamtuned.com)
Engine Build and Assembly by MAPerformance (www.maperformance.com)
Turbo Kit by CP-E (www.cp-e.com)

Specs:
2015 Ecoboost A6 PP
TUNE+ Lifetime E-Tune
TUNE+ Auxiliary Fuel Tuning
TUNE+ Transmission Tuning
TUNE+ Dyno Tuning
TUNE+ Denso ITV22 Plugs
TUNE+ UPR Dual Valve Catch Can
TUNE+ Plug and Play 4Bar TMAP Sensor
MAP Built Shortblock, Sleeved w/I-Beam Rods
MAP Stage 5 Ported Cylinder Head
MAP Ecoboost Mustang Valvetrain Upgrade Kit
MAP Cat Back Exhaust
MAP Custom Intake
MAP AUX Fueling Kit - Straight E85
CP-E Twin Scroll EFR Turbo Kit
CP-E Downpipe
Borg Warner 8374 EFR from Full-Race/Tune+
Viking Shocks from BMR w/Kelly's recommended setup
BMR CB005, TCA045, BK054, TR005, DSL017
DSS Carbon Fiber Drivers from Lethal Performance/Tune+
DSS 1400hp Axles
ATM Intercooler
Watson Racing 6-Point Cage
Dusold Designs Hex Grill
Race Star Dark Star 17x9.5 Rear
Race Star Dark Star 17x4.5 Front
MT ET Street R P305/45R17
MT Sportsman S/R - 28x6.00R17LT

So it begins!! Build completion is just around the corner now, bit delayed but aren't they always. Car will be hitting the track fairly soon, once some final Aux Tuning is completed and the weather clears!

To start there are no words I can say that even begin to tell my gratitude to Adam @ Tune+!!! The man has spent countless hours coordinating the build of my entire car and just NEVER stops or slows down!! I simply drove my car to him and went back this past week to pick it up. He called all the shots and coordinated everything with my build. Which of course I'm overly ecstatic about to say the least. I mean come on, who doesn't want a daily driver w/remote start that can easily make over 600hp, runs pump gas (E85), still gets almost 30mpg and will blow the tires off on the highway if you want it to!?!?! Car is just sick and there's still WAY more to come, just waiting on the new fuel setup Adam is building as I speak. Then we can get into some serious boost numbers and start seeing those 700hp+ numbers!!

Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) did a great job on building the entire engine from oil pan to valve cover and everything in between! Engine sounds great, runs smooth and flawless. Not to mention it's already making a ton of power with fairly limited boost thus far. That head is definitely flowing some awesome #'s for sure. Just needs some more fuel to really start making serious power!

CP-E did has build an amazing EFR Turbo Kit to seamlessly toss this AFR 8374 under the hood and make some power. Craftsmanship of every part of the turbo kit is flawless and worth every penny! Blows my mind this Big Turbo almost spools like stock!! I truly didn't expect it to maintain the crazy boost curve down so low in the RPM's. Twin Scroll is the ticket for sure...

Preliminary Dyno Results & Video, E85 Pump Gas:

Dyno Video on Facebook

(Unfortunately we ran out of fuel and couldn't turn the boost up yet)
44k including suspension the wheels and tires, the safety and of course the car but without all that. Just the built motor with the auxiliary fuel and the turbo kit. Thanks

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Been waiting for this thread like

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand what you are asking.

ematito

ematito
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ematito
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand what you are asking.
Whats the total cost of the build engine including the turbo kit? I think you said 44 000 but thats including safety equipment,wheel ,tires and the car but what is the total cost without all that? Just the block with all the components and the turbo kit. Around 10k ?

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Whats the total cost of the build engine including the turbo kit? I think you said 44 000 but thats including safety equipment,wheel ,tires and the car but what is the total cost without all that? Just the block with all the components and the turbo kit. Around 10k ?
You are looking at about 4k for a good shortblock, and 5k for a good turbo kit. Then you need tuning, aux fueling on top of that.

Sponsored

ematito

ematito
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ematito
Vehicle(s)
You are looking at about 4k for a good shortblock, and 5k for a good turbo kit. Then you need tuning, aux fueling on top of that.
Thank you I really apreciate. Im planing build my engine but I did not know what was the cost. Thanks :)

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
i know i'm late to the party but do you have any video i have been thinking about buying a ecoboost mustang for a while now if i do buy one it's going to be a radical build i want to be the first ecoboost in the country with 1000HP

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
i know i'm late to the party but do you have any video i have been thinking about buying a ecoboost mustang for a while now if i do buy one it's going to be a radical build i want to be the first ecoboost in the country with 1000HP
Will the motor handle 1000hp? Probably not very cost effective.