Sponsored

Saying hello

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just wanted to say hello!! Traded in my gt350 for a gt500 yesterday!! Went from ruby red black roof to rapid red no black roof but that will change in time. My take from the rude home from the dealer is this car is at a different level!!
7B3726BB-7FC8-49F0-A247-B3899B850009.jpeg
12971C08-0E7E-4339-8F88-B70E80725F93.jpeg
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Congratulations!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
nice! post up your impressions regarding giving up the manual. It's one of my concerns ;)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
this car is at a different level!!
RG: I'm pretty sure most of us had a similar reaction on that first jaunt. <smiling> It truly was exhilarating with lots of unexpected occurrences. It really is not only a very POWERFUL car, it's pretty dang smart, too. :-)

Congrats, bro. (Rap/Red here too but with stripes.)

Sponsored

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Oh quit it, you are gonna love it.
Hey thats what I call an awesome trade in. Like the color looks like custom candy apple paint in the sun. The black roof will pop all the black accents. Nice to see you got the handling package. Fell free to reach out if u have any questions I done a few mods if you plan on anything in the future

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hey thats what I call an awesome trade in. Like the color looks like custom candy apple paint in the sun. The black roof will pop all the black accents. Nice to see you got the handling package. Fell free to reach out if u have any questions I done a few mods if you plan on anything in the future
Since you are a CFTP owner, would you please give @stanglife a review of the DCT vs manual?

OP
OP

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks everyone!! Installed the oil separator and gurney flap this morning!! With the handling package am I supposed to get the adjustable camber plates??

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
nice! post up your impressions regarding giving up the manual. It's one of my concerns ;)
Hey stanglife here is a review of the DCT vs manual from a CFTP owner.

I have 2200 miles on car and have done one track day at Sebring international speedway. I have always liked a manual and have 90 percent of time owned sport cars and manuals have always been great as regular non dct transmissions have never really been that engaging however since the roll out of dct transmissions I was little concerned when I bought my first car with one. I had bought a 2016 porsche 911 gts. Going back to my roots I debated this question on getting a manual to however once I took delivery of the car and starting driving it the dct is not like an automatic that your use to. Because the next gear is already spinning at speed when u shift its lighting quick which allows super fast acceleration. There is no transmission lag between gears as before with automatics in sport mode. The nicest feature is stepping on the brake with a dct it automatically revs each gear downshifting so u get the same feeling or effect as manually downshifting into a lower gear.
Moving forward I traded my porsche in for the gt500 and was wondering the same as u how is the transmission in the shelby since I have a 2018 5.0 with an automatic. Here is my reply.
The dct in the 2020 gt500 has been fantastic and extremely fun to drive with the different modes normal sport track the 500 always revs each gear up downshifting by just stepping on the brake this is a really engaging feature as you get the pops and revs for the exhaust as well. When you want to show off a little lets say pulling in to somewhere or driving u can hold both paddles down or in which is like pushing in the clutch and rev it up for the exhaust sound. When driving in any mode say on the highway if you get someone that’s playing around you can pull in the left paddle and it will downshift two gears down just like juat like shifting into a lower gear. All this and you dont need to take your hand offf the wheel or push in the clutch which is awesome for stop and go traffic.
On the track in track mode the dct revs to red line and only drops a couple thousand rpms and continues to pull hard there is absolutely no transmission lag with the dct when coming into a fast corners all u have to do is step on the brake the dct is revving each gear as u it downshifts. The gt500 is extremely fast and in the twisty”s this is really the only way to go to keep the balance of the car as soon as u apex you can floor it and accelerate hard and fast before you get out of the turn. The car does not fishtail and traction control is amazing and not intrusive at all. This is all due to the factory tuning of the dct working with the engine and your foot pedal. I wouldn’t do it any other way on the 2020 gt500 due to the amount of power u have. I spent alot of time looking at my rearview mirror at what all the other cars are doing behind me then sometimes looking ahead.
For the streets the dct is extremely fun to have and always makes u smile will all the features I mentioned above that u can do. Having alot of power is useless unless a car can but it down and not fishtail with all the torque to keep u in check. And this dct does that for u keeps the car balanced stable and lays the power down if u want to go back to the old school way with the clutch just take traction control off it will be a handful and smoke the tires down to the rim. Since the dct is new to the American market the 2020 gt500 and c8 are the only cars with them for us models I can relate to u thinking a manual might be more fun or driver engaging but after owning the gt500 now I can tell u there hasn’t been a time I haven’t drove around town or highway that I dont get a smile for the experience and to know there is very little that can pass u is an awesome feeling. This of course is my honest opinion on a hardcore track enthusiast that likes fast things everone will differ as the attend use might be different

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
tenor.gif

"now I can tell u there hasn’t been a time I haven’t drove around town or highway that I dont get a smile for the experience and to know there is very little that can pass u is an awesome feeling."

YUP!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Thanks everyone!! Installed the oil separator and gurney flap this morning!! With the handling package am I supposed to get the adjustable camber plates??
This should be an easy question to answer but sadly, it isn't. Do you know when your car was produced? And can you take a shot of either front strut tower, from above, looking straight down at the strut top (with the black cap) so we can see the plate just under the circular hole in the strut tower...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just wanted to say hello!! Traded in my gt350 for a gt500 yesterday!! Went from ruby red black roof to rapid red no black roof but that will change in time. My take from the rude home from the dealer is this car is at a different level!!
7B3726BB-7FC8-49F0-A247-B3899B850009.jpeg
12971C08-0E7E-4339-8F88-B70E80725F93.jpeg
comparing ruby red next to rapid red.... Is there any difference?

OP
OP

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The ruby red is a hair darker I believe. In the sun you could see the difference between the two

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The ruby red is a hair darker I believe. In the sun you could see the difference between the two
Excellent! That is exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you.
Sponsored