MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
We do have a killer IAT. :) Which makes for loads of power back to back to back to back to back.

And as far as the "TQ" curve... well on pump gas, I think people are starting to realize that we are a LOT closer to the same curve as the PD's then most will realize. :) Especially on these high compression motors, that don't like boost down low, and have variable cam timing to help us make the most of the power at hand. :)
I'm running a 4.38 pulley, TQ isn't an issue lol.

I love the fact I can use my IAT as my ambient temp gauge too :) so close to being 1 for 1 100% of the time.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
I think i do need to add I am a poster boy for a "fanboy" Procharger guy...kit has just been unreal and unstoppable! One day Ill get around to buying a "I <3 Procharger" shirt :)

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
I think i do need to add I am a poster boy for a "fanboy" Procharger guy...kit has just been unreal and unstoppable! One day Ill get around to buying a "I <3 Procharger" shirt :)

I have some videos on my YouTube account of the PC kit and a longer one of me driving around. Just started with the whole video thing so forgive the quality. Ill get better I promise.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCArMCA4p0d3Z1j84iIcSD2g

Also [MENTION=25709]spacemarine83[/MENTION] check out the first few pages of my build thread to see the PC install process. Most will be the same even though mine is the stage 2 kit. Just a minor difference when it comes to the pulley and belt.

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I'm running a 4.38 pulley, TQ isn't an issue lol.

I love the fact I can use my IAT as my ambient temp gauge too :) so close to being 1 for 1 100% of the time.
Yes, youre going to make the same peak torque, but theres no way other than that its comparable. The PD torque curve is almost a flat line across the rpms. No, youre not racing at 2500 rpm, but the pedal feel is amazing. You dont have that unresponsive low rpm n/a feel

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Now THAT is what I like to hear.

Btw, what's the diff between a Procharger and a Paxton really?
Head units, cost and install time. Both are :clap2: The standard paxton head unit seems to be equivalent to the D1SC as far as power potential so you do get a bit more going that route. Install is not the same though so going back to stock is not as easy... but once you get blown, why would you want to go back?

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
y OK gents, here goes-

My wife has enthusiastically agreed to a power adder for the Mustang since i agreed to take her to Ireland on a vacation this summer. That puts me into the fall/winter for my blower purchase and build. So, on to the car details and questions. (Beware, this is a long post.)

The Car and climate-

2017 GT Mustang Premium, non power package, 6spd, 3:31 gears. 3700 miles, owned since July 30 2017. I drive roughly 7.5 miles a day and the car basically gets warmed up and turned off. I live in Oregon, so we do get rain roughly 8-9 months out of the year. Our temps range from 20 degrees during a very cold winter, to over 100 degrees in the summer and we see quite a bit of rain. The car is my daily driver and kid hauler. I also am fairly kind to the car, and don't really push it past 5000 rpm, mostly doing what I would consider daily driving around town at 2000-3500 rpm max.

What I am looking for-

I am looking for a power adder that adds a nice, large flat torque curve while retaining daily driving manners. I do not need or want a high strung FI system if at all possible, just something that gives more power all over the curve in a consistent manner. I do plan on doing a couple of autocross sessions with it, but no road racing or drag racing. Mostly road driving with an extra punch when I want it.

The questions-

#1- Given the short drive with occassional weekend runs to the beach in nice weather, am I biting off more than I can chew with a considering a blower? have you found that driving a blown GT to be a problem over short distances where the car is only warmed up but not driven a lot?

#2- Reliability, how has it been for you? I am looking for a safe tune setup and not really looking to build crazy power and a really low 1/4 mile time. I am looking at the Ford Racing/ Roush 670hp blower kit and was wondering if anyone has experienced a failure of the blower, associated parts, and/or motor/trans with the complete out of the box kit.

#3- I have the MT82, with the MGW shifter and BG fluid in the transmission, and are there any issues with running 600+hp through that transmission?and do I need anything to ensure the transmission lasts assuming no crazy abuse? Also, will I need to put in a new clutch at the same time I do the supercharger installation?

#4- Tires and supporting mods are a big one I find after reading through a ton of posts here on Mustang6g. I am going to go with a set of 19x10 LMR GT350 wheels and a 275mm square tire setup. Is this enough tire width, assuming I use good rubber? (Looking at the PS4S tires as a strong contender at this point.) Also, I am going to be going with the OPG, probably from Livernois Motorsports and doing the install of the gears at the same time as the supercharger. Having said that, do I need to (or should I) upgrade the radiator? I am looking at Mishimoto radiator as a replacement for the stock unit if it is something that is a good idea to do while I am already working on the car. Also, other posters have commented on the harmonic balancer? Is this something that is needed, and if so, why and what brand do you recommend? Finally, as far as engine internals go, is there anything else I need?

It is a long post, but figured I would start asking and getting the funds set aside.:) Thanks for reading and putting up with my long winded questions.
Sounds like you've been given the go so I'm thinking you will be making a decision soon. Please come back and update this thread so we can know how your install goes from a fresh perspective.

Last edited:

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Procharger could probably be installed in a few hours if you and a buddy didn't dick around.

Whipple install is straightforward as well just a little more involved since you're taking the intake off. But it can easily be done in a day.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have the helical cut gears on my procharger and you can barely hear it running. Install was straightforward and I think for a first time install and having never installed a power adder before it will take you a couple days. Cause you will likely take your time, read, etc. You say you don't rev the car much, I have to say to get the most out of the centri, your going to want to be in the 4-7k range. That's where it just rips, obviously because your starting to really flow some air at that point. Car drives completely stock otherwise. In 5th or 6th gear on the highway, if you just barely give it any gas you will be at 80-90 mph effortlessly. The top end acceleration is just nuts. It doesn't let up. And I'm talking when I let off at 140 mph it's still pulling decent. And that's with the stock procharger tune. For an average person the car is crazy fast. You really have to be on your game, if your are going to be wide open, through any kind of turn under power. I love this freaking procharger. But as others have said, I think any power adder will be awesome and you will adapt your driving style to whatever particular set up you choose.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
My 2 cents...

Everything you want can be bolted on in less than 8 hours...Procharger Stage 1 kit and be done. Here is why using your questions...

1. No issues driving short distances, just stay out of boost unless your oil is up to temp. The PC is a VERY streetable kit and drive like stock if you don't mess with pulleys etc... PC kits pull like stock too, very predicable power and VERY linear! below 3500 you wont even notice it. It does tend to be a bit noisy but in a good way. Like sitting at a stoplight and everyone looks at you kinda way. My kids enjoy that :) You will have every rice boy try to give you a run though. If you don't like that, get the straight cut gears and you will be quite.

2. I cant speak to long term and mine is a 2015 and i only have 10k on the car. BUT it has been a very FUN 10k. No issues, bolt up, tune and drive!!! So easy for sooooo much fun!! I seriously doubt there will be any longevity issues with the car. in stock kit form (like the one i said you should get), I would expect the motor to last 100k plus.

3. MT82 sucks but you will be perfectly fine. ***take with grain of salt, i love my 6r80 :) There are a lot of folks on here crushing 700+ hp on the MT82 with no issues. Although some will say they are on borrowed time. For your goals though I would say you are just fine!

4. if you are going with a 10 inch rear go with a 295 and something a little stickier than the Ohtsu tires LMR sells their deals with. NT555 or something similar. With out a DR you will break loose in 1st and second pretty easy at 590ish HP. That's what you can expect with the bolt on HO kit.

4. Cont... I live in the greatest country in the world, Texas, and my radiator works great even well above 100. Get the 170 thermostat and you will be good. OPG and TS are good safety measures especially when you are ready to rev above 7500. it wont be long until that happens once you get use to your new found HP.

4. cont...cont... No need for the balancer if you are doing your OPG. That is like having a tertiary network in place when you already have redundancy. Who ever uses that anyway?!? :)
While I am Whippled, don't regret it for one second, I agree with MyLilPony. If you are good with the sounds of a centri setup, go for it! Centri setup are quite a bit easier on the motor than PD. Especially with your driving habits and goals. Oh and cheaper with less install time.

Mt-82 will be fine for you. But you will need a clutch, halfshafts and supporting suspension mods. Especially if you get good rubber. Otherwise you won't be able to use the power so wats the point?

Since you are doing the gears and with your goals, don't do the balancer, put that money elsewhere.

As for your short commute, you won't be doing anymore damage to the motor, FI or na, than you already are. I'm a firm believer in warming my car up and driving the long way so I have enough time to properly heat cycle it. With your hot summers, not as big of an issue.

I will say FI is addictive! Be ready for the rabbit hole lol. Now matter what you choose, get it from a form sponsor and you won't regret it! Be sure and let us know what you decide.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Nice to see another unbiased blower owner around. I do disagree that he will need halfshafts though. Sounds like he will be running Michelin tires and not tracking the car. The stock halfshafts will be fine.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I will say FI is addictive! Be ready for the rabbit hole lol.
Don't end up like all of us....

Addicted to BOOOOOOST. :)

Just kidding, as far as addictions go, I always tell my gal.... Its one of the best addictions a man can have... :) :cheers:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Head units, cost and install time. Both are :clap2: The standard paxton head unit seems to be equivalent to the D1SC as far as power potential so you do get a bit more going that route. Install is not the same though so going back to stock is not as easy... but once you get blown, why would you want to go back?
One little add on. The Procharger STG II intercooler! Hands down efficiency.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
I may be incorrect here since I have never driven a s550 without the brembo brakes but I can't imagine not having upgraded brakes when your car is over 600hp. I feel a lot of confidence in them and you may want to budget for them since high speeds happen extremely quick in this car and sometimes you don't even realize you're doing triple digit speed until you look down. Again, I don't know how the stock brakes feel so anyone else feel free to chime in on that. Also, I am in a very similar situation with how you live close to work and daily the vehicle for the most part. I have a beater for when it snows or rains really hard but I still drive her in freezing temps if it is dry and the car handles great!

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
stock brakes are still pretty amazing. and for 1200 bucks can always get take off brembos. for me leather and a nicer interior over brembos
Sponsored