Satellite antenna fault

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
Anyone seen this the "satellite antenna fault" error? Sirius was intermittent and then dropped out completely. It now works about 10% of the time only. I have a GT premium with My Ford Touch and have already tried the Sync Master Reset, which fixed it for approximately 5 mins before it dropped again. Does anyone know where the antenna wiring runs from the back to the front and if there is somewhere simple I can check for a loose connector before making the trek to a dealer?

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
peetucket

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ha - just noticed that SiriusXM's website has a screenshot that shows you how to get your SiriusXM radio ID. The screenshot for Ford/Lincoln vehicles shows the "satellite antenna fault" message...

http://www.siriusxm.com/help/findxm

MarkY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Anyone seen this the "satellite antenna fault" error? Sirius was intermittent and then dropped out completely. It now works about 10% of the time only. I have a GT premium with My Ford Touch and have already tried the Sync Master Reset, which fixed it for approximately 5 mins before it dropped again. Does anyone know where the antenna wiring runs from the back to the front and if there is somewhere simple I can check for a loose connector before making the trek to a dealer?

thanks
Peetucket, did you ever get this figured out? My wife is having this issue intermittently on her 2016 convertible.

OP
OP
peetucket

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Peetucket, did you ever get this figured out? My wife is having this issue intermittently on her 2016 convertible.
It was fixed under warranty by the dealer - but it took a few tries. Their first attempt to replace the antenna itself on the trunk lid didn't fix it, so they ended up replacing the wiring from the antenna to the receiver itself, and that fixed it. But they had to take apart the dash to do the work, so it was pretty involved. Its now been working fine since they fixed it a couple years ago.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
On the convertibles, the harness for the Sirius antenna is bundled into the same harness that is a known problem for certain electronics failures.

Open trunk lid, on right side there is a harness that goes from the trunk lid to under the rear deck of the vehicle inside of the trunk. That harness is prone to premature wire breakage - which could affect the Sirius antenna (on convertibles only), the rear back up light, the trunk release button and the back up camera.

In order to see if the wires are damaged, you have to remove the outer look casing and tape to reveal the wires inside of the harness.

This repair is also covered under the 3/36 warranty OR if you have an extended warranty. Some folks have repaired it themselves (there is a larger thread in the interior section too).

Here is the most recent TSB article on it (18-2362):

Attachments

greggsg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Form Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Package and Manual Transmission
I have a 2016 GT Convertible. I have complained about SiriusXM since I got the car Always got a good signal at the dealer and they could not replicate my issue. I showed them the Harness TSB last year and they said that they followed it. Still it would cut out at least 15 times on a ride up i95 from Hollywood to Boca Raton (22 miles open highway clear skies). Some were short others were long enough for acquiring satellite message to come up and the sirius display going blank.

In October with the help of Ford Corp, service took car for a long ride and wouldn't you know, the problem occurred. They replaced the trunk lid antenna, not resolved. They replaced the ACM, not resolved. Then they scratched my infotainment screen and replaced the APIM/Screen with a brand new one and then aside from the VIN, did not reprogram it. So my car thought it was an F150 and now had Navi, where I didnt before. I also did not have the mustang logo on powerup/powerdown and no climeate control on screen.

When I pushed the siriusxm button, it beeped like it should and did nothing. I looked at the siriusXM Travellink App and all of the subscriptions say Not Available. I called SiriusXM and had them activate and nothing.

Using Forscan, I was able to update the APIM back to the mustang settings with Navi enabled, so that is good, but still no SiriusXM.

Someone suggested that the wiring for the new APIM is a little different than the older one and isn't plug and play with the older ACMs. they said on their f150 four wires had to be added (I guess piggy backed off other wires from ACM) to allow the new combines SiriusXM system to work.

Anyone Know about this? Maybe a Ford internal person can give some advise?

Thanks,

Gregg
Sponsored