Sponsored

BLIS fault!?!?

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Wtf! Got in the car this evening and these came up. It took shutting it down twice and the second time I got out, locked it, waited for all lights to turn off, got back inside and started it up and no more error. Only thing I’d think was when I was finding a fuse for my dash cam, but I plugged every fuse back in and the blis has worked no problem since then. My backup beeps didn’t work either. Even if a fuse fell out or something, it wouldn’t have magically fixed itself. WTF! 3 weeks old!

8492769B-E2E1-412B-9188-429DF3DCEAFF.jpeg

42808A1D-76FF-4790-8852-E92959D4E912.jpeg
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
My BLIS is my first warning I’m losing a wheel speed sensor on my Jeep. I have no idea how they’re related.
When I lose the wheel speed sensor I lose my differential controls, and one time even had a wheel lock up. I had to drag it 1/4 mile, shut it down, and it was all magically gone when I started back up.
Take it in, there’s probably another error somewhere and the dealer will find it way faster than us guessing. There are a lot of codes that don’t throw warning lights.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mean the car is brand new. Hope nothing is shitting the bed already or I’ll be pissed as all hell.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Have you actually checked the fuse? It could be from you messing around in there trying to get your dashcam to work. I know I've broken fuses trying to take them out of their slot.

If the fuse is not broken then you need to make an appointment with your local dealership.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you actually checked the fuse? It could be from you messing around in there trying to get your dashcam to work. I know I've broken fuses trying to take them out of their slot.

If the fuse is not broken then you need to make an appointment with your local dealership.
No, dark out now so I didn’t bother to open it up. But why would it just randomly stop, then start again, if a fuse was bad? I need to find out which fuse it is in the 21 as well hmm

and of course the book doesn’t list blis or cross traffic for any fuse. And if I recall when I pulled the front camera, the only warning that came up was that adaptive cruise and lanekeep were off. Not blis

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
No, dark out now so I didn’t bother to open it up. But why would it just randomly stop, then start again, if a fuse was bad? I need to find out which fuse it is in the 21 as well hmm
You might have damaged it but not actually broken it when you were messing around. And for whatever reason it decided to die now.

If you've managed to find your multi-meter you should be able to test continuity of the fuse without taking it out (touch the two metal contacts on the end of the fuse).

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You might have damaged it but not actually broken it when you were messing around. And for whatever reason it decided to die now.

If you've managed to find your multi-meter you should be able to test continuity of the fuse without taking it out (touch the two metal contacts on the end of the fuse).
Perfect. What should I set my meter to? Tomorrow I can check every single one.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Perfect. What should I set my meter to? Tomorrow I can check every single one.
Depends on your multi-meter. Some of the cheaper ones don't have that function. But if yours supports it then you need to change it to a symbol that looks like a sound wave/WiFi logo. You can test if it's in the right setting by touching your metal prongs together. If you did everything right then there should be a beep. If there is no beep then you did it wrong or your multi-meter doesn't support it.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on your multi-meter. Some of the cheaper ones don't have that function. But if yours supports it then you need to change it to a symbol that looks like a sound wave/WiFi logo. You can test if it's in the right setting by touching your metal prongs together. If you did everything right then there should be a beep. If there is no beep then you did it wrong or your multi-meter doesn't support it.
I don’t think mine has a beep function. Dang. Hmm. I will have to look, I did find it though lol

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If it doesn't, just set it to resistance metering and measure the resistance of the fuse. If you get a very, very low value (or zero, depending on the scale you chose), then the fuse is good. If it reads infinity (like it reads when the prongs don't touch anything), then it's shot.
Sponsored