Sponsored

San Diego, Temecula, Orange Area (Corona, Riverside, LA & Imperial County)!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good to me. I will be in Hawaii from September 15 through September 21. But before or after that I am good to go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Finally got some free time from work. I was reminded thereā€™s a show called ā€œMustangs by the Bayā€. All the local mustang clubs will be there. Normally 2-300 cars, ranging from older mustangs to Broncos and such.
Car show will be at the bay in San Diego. This is the last big show of the years in Ca. Itā€™s near the baseball stadium and convention center. Down the street from the Midway Museum (Aircraft Carrier). If your looking for something else to do then you can hop on the boat and go whale watching, jet skis, paddle boats etcā€¦

I know itā€™s short notice. Hope to see you there

https://www.sandiegoassociationofcarclubs.org/events/mustangs-by-the-bay-oct7

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Changed the cars appearance back mostly to stock. Kept the aftermarket hood for now. Also bought some rears. People been saying I need a tire so I finally went all in on a pair.

I know Iā€™ve been MIA for awhile, but the military comes 1st right now. With all the work-ups and getting things squared away for the coming campaign takes precedent.

will probably have some free time next month. Iā€™ll come see you guys in Temecula or somethingā€¦.lol

IMG_4273.jpeg

IMG_4272.jpeg

meats for the streets

Last edited:

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
My car is back on the road!
I installed an oil cooler and oil temp gauge that somehow took 5-6 weeks to complete šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Only had an hour or 2 each week and lost another weekend by being out of town but man does it feel good to drive this thing again!

Anyone else have any fun projects coming up or completed?

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
I installed some steeda hardcore adjustable rears with 800 inch pound springs. Now it takes minutes to change out springs in the rear.
About to change rearend gears. 3.73 and twin turbo dotogether. Also have a parasitic draw so severe, the battery dies over night.

plus working 7 days a week.

so letā€™s come up with a date & time for a cruise

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I installed some steeda hardcore adjustable rears with 800 inch pound springs. Now it takes minutes to change out springs in the rear.
About to change rearend gears. 3.73 and twin turbo dotogether. Also have a parasitic draw so severe, the battery dies over night.
Do you really think you'll need more gear on top of an extra 300 HP/200lbft?

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Do you really think you'll need more gear on top of an extra 300 HP/200lbft?
Yes
With 3.73, you run out of top end mph real quick. Theyā€™re really just for N/A cars. Plus my car is manual. Changing gears will put the 6spd back where itā€™s supposed to beā€¦ahead of the auto

I make a lil bit more than 300/200

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Happy thanksgiving šŸ¦ƒ

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Yes
With 3.73, you run out of top end mph real quick. Theyā€™re really just for N/A cars. Plus my car is manual. Changing gears will put the 6spd back where itā€™s supposed to beā€¦ahead of the auto

I make a lil bit more than 300/200
Are you coming from something shorter? 3.73 just seems short for the engine you've got. Is this a full slick drag car that can actually hook that up?

OP
OP
Mghoward74

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Are you coming from something shorter? 3.73 just seems short for the engine you've got. Is this a full slick drag car that can actually hook that up?
Iā€™m going from a 3.73 to a 3.31. 3.31 will allow me to put the power down without blowing the tires off. 3.15 would be better, but they donā€™t have them for torsen diff

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m going from a 3.73 to a 3.31. 3.31 will allow me to put the power down without blowing the tires off. 3.15 would be better, but they donā€™t have them for torsen diff
OK, OK, that makes a lot more sense. You can get a torsen for the 3.15, but it's a small housing model that probably isn't as strong. I'm running a 3.55 in my autocross car and need to go taller. I've got a 3.15 rear end, but have your problem with the diff. I ended up making differential plays out of tool steel. I can get 10 plates per side instead of the factory 6. Hopefully that gives me a better lock up.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be honest, wasn't the biggest fan of 3.73's with the MT82-D4 transmission on the road courses, either over-revving 3rd, or lugging in 4th. If I were to do that again, I'd probably go 4.10's, but 3.55 were dead balls perfect for ACS.

I've got a pretty unique project coming up in the next year, will put up some wrench parties once I get situated in the new digs. New motor, new trans.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Details please, my good sir!
Just another 18+ with a non-Coyote Ford engine and a non-Ford 7 speed transmission and the computers to handle them. No real rush to get back to the track since it's going to take a good while to dial it in. Probably switching the whole suspension over to some gt350/Mach 1/DH hybrid, not that handling was really a problem before, but it's not like the best stuff made it to the base GT.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
:please::please::please:PLEASE BE A DETROIT DIESEL, PLEASE BE A DETROIT DIESEL:please::please::please:
Sponsored