S550 Race Weight

BFish90g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello everyone, new to the forums and my second post. I originally posted in the general forums, but didn't get anything so figured prob better here. Also thank you in advance!

I am building a 2015 S550 for the NMRA Limited Street class and crossover to Import Vs. Domestic/World Cup True Street class. The car will be a max effort 25.4/25.5 caged build. The current record in Limited Street is 8.71 @ 156 and 8.10 @ 167 in True Street. The car is Pro Charged and will be switching head units for each class combo. My main question is regarding weights. I will have to weight 3600lbs with a P1X in Limited Street and can drop 400lbs down to 3200lbs in True Street and increase blower speed 10%. Is it feasible to easily get these cars down to 3050lbs without driver and without majorly cutting up the car. What are weights with the usual mods:

-Drag wheels
-Drag brakes
-No airbags
-No AC
-No heater core
-Race seats
-No interior rear of front seats
-No bumper supports
-Tubular K member
-Tubular control arms
-Manual steering rack
-Tubular core support
-Fiberglass or carbon hood
-????

I am assuming the 25.5 cage, window net, parachute and fire system will add 150lbs.
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Can you drive without doors, trunk, hood and fenders? That might help. I really don't know if this car can get to 3000 lbs without slicing it up. That's a lot of weight to remove.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
3,050 will be no easy task. Assuming your car is a base model it prob started somewhere around 3,700-3,900 with the blower system(without driver). I tried some of the typical gutting stuff and was able to get like 350 lbs out pretty easy. panel and glass replacement stuffs will get another 1-2 hundred maybe depending on how far you go. leaving you still well over 3,050. No A/C and removing the heater box would be huge, as well as tubular k-member. plus adding back 150 for safety stuff. Stereo system depending on model could add up to quite a bit.

Doable but it's gonna be totally gutted race car.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
My car is really close to a full build now, the heater/ AC removed, no wipers, crash bars in the doors removed, manual rack, lightened front subframe. no exhaust, Baer brakes, Race Wheels / Tires, C/F driveshaft, and a full cro moly cage, that was 85 lbs. I kept a lot of the stuff in the car, could have got another 50 lbs out but I like that my car is really nice and still has most of the OEM amenities. In addition my car is a Performance Pack Premium, and is a 2.3 Ecoboost ( Yes im an odd one that likes the challenge ) The car right now is about 3300 to 3350 lbs with no driver, If you can figure out the weight between the 4 cyl and the coyote it will give you a good idea on what you can get one of these down to with lightweight parts and not hack the crap out of the car.I hate to tell you these cars are just heavy beasts !!! Below is a link to my build if your interested, my goal in 2020 is to get into the 8s at 150 with the car, been 9.60s at 143 at 3600 lbs . Good Luck with your build.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1733762723527845/?ref=bookmarks

Sponsored

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
My car is really close to a full build now, the heater/ AC removed, no wipers, crash bars in the doors removed, manual rack, lightened front subframe. no exhaust, Baer brakes, Race Wheels / Tires, C/F driveshaft, and a full cro moly cage, that was 85 lbs. I kept a lot of the stuff in the car, could have got another 50 lbs out but I like that my car is really nice and still has most of the OEM amenities. In addition my car is a Performance Pack Premium, and is a 2.3 Ecoboost ( Yes im an odd one that likes the challenge ) The car right now is about 3300 to 3350 lbs with no driver, If you can figure out the weight between the 4 cyl and the coyote it will give you a good idea on what you can get one of these down to with lightweight parts and not hack the crap out of the car.I hate to tell you these cars are just heavy beasts !!! Below is a link to my build if your interested, my goal in 2020 is to get into the 8s at 150 with the car, been 9.60s at 143 at 3600 lbs . Good Luck with your build.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1733762723527845/?ref=bookmarks
Like a feather compared to a challenger.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
Hello guys I have a procharged v6 mustang I removed the whole back seeat, spare tire, jack, and, mats. The car weighed 3540 without me. I think I can still remove other stuff like the front passenger seat but yeah the s550 is heavy.
Sponsored