Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I carry IWB 4-5 o' clock position....it's the most comfortable for me.
Thats where I like to carry with my OWB paddle holster. I wish the sheep in Illinois were less skittish and I could carry OWB with just a tshirt over.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I have a Beretta PX4 9mm FS with 3 extra mags in the elbow rest, a Taurus Protector Poly .38 in the glove box with a box of ammo, a Mossberg Pistol-Grip 12 with a Bandolier behind the passenger seat and a Stevens 320 in the trunk along with BOB's, Medkits and a shitload of ammo. I live in South Texas right along the Mexican Border and am always worried about Cartel violence spilling over and the impending Zombie Apocalypse.
:eyebulge:

:usa::usa::usa:

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Either a Springfield XDS .45 or S&W Shield9, both in a DeSantis Pocket tuck or nemesis. Always in my front pocket. Here in Florida they have this saying that a car is not a holster.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
IWB M&P 45c with a T Rex Arms Appendix Holster once I get the car will try to setup a holster in the center console might have to switch to a M&P shield to get that to fit

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
You might as well have the pistol in the trunk as in the glove compartment/console is my opinion. In Washington, when you are out of the car, other occupants are responsible for your weapon. If it is holstered on the dash then you just place it in your hip holster under a shirt or jacket. Number Raptor Pro

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Kimber Raptor Pro

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I am intrigued by this thread!

Living in a country where handguns are illegal, I don't have any of the carrying, storing issues discussed herein,
but I really would like to know if any of you have ever had to draw a weapon because you considered yourself and/or family members under threat?

If you would prefer not to publicise your response, would you email me at my forum email address (total confidentiality guaranteed)
Thks
Phil
Most recently March 2015. 3:30AM Sunday. A round went off in my front yard. I was out of bed, P227 with MX6 in hand, in a few seconds. I stepped out into the front yard in time to see two guys running west up the street away from my house. At the same time an SUV heading north, also away from my house, was squealing tires making a turn to the west. I have a corner house and my cars are parked on the east side in my driveway. I decided to check that side of the house and as I neared the corner a youth stepped out holding a pistol. As I swung my weapon up to cover him he started yelling. I was also yelling at him, it turned out he was yelling it's not his gun. I told him to drop it and he did.

The story was the youth and his cousin were walking thru the neighborhood on their way to visit another relative (?). They were jumped by the two guys I saw running away, they had been passengers in the SUV. Anyway one of them had the gun. The youth I was talking to said he fought the attackers and wound up with the gun. During the scuffle the gun had gone off. He understandably upset and shaking but was worried that his cousin might now be in the hands of the attackers and their companions in the SUV. Police were called and arrived in a few minutes, they started a search for the cousin.

About 30 minutes later they told me they had a call from a woman a couple blocks away saying someone was on her roof. A Canine unit responded to her call and found the cousin up there, shaking but unhurt. As it turns out the Police were searching for the SUV already as it was stolen earlier in the evening, with the .40cal in the glovebox.

The kid I took the pistol from turned out to be a pretty good kid, he had ran to my neighbors house for help and got no response and was coming back to my house to try.

Nowadays he stops by from time to time on his way home from school. I still don't know why he and his cousin decided 3:30am was a good time to go visiting.

Oh yeah, that night, after it was all over and my Wife (15 year Police veteran) finished yelling at me for going out there I went back to bed.

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
H&K USP .40 in a BlackHawk SERPA holster. Sits in center console when driving only. Way to concerned about someone breaking into the car to leave the weapon in the car unattended. Besides that, what good is leaving the weapon in the car? If it is not in my safe it is with me at all times.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Yep. I have a bunch of cop friends. Their #1 tip to get out of s ticket is to make them (the cop) safe.

• engine off
  • wheels cut hard right to the curb
  • interior lights on at night
  • Hands always visible on the wheel
  • Inform 1st thing about any guns in car
  • ask permission for any movement (like for a wallet)

Be pollite, don't be an ass kiss, and don't have any warrants, or previous tickets, and most cops will let you go. assuming you were not driving like an ass.
This ^, though from a recent stop, my only stop in like 5 years, the Deputy asked, I answered, and what got me and still bothers me was his response "Are you supposed to have that?"..the F does that mean? I stayed cool and everything was fine, got a warning for 12 over in fact, but that little reply of his has been chewing my ass ever since. He thanked me for being honest...

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most recently March 2015. 3:30AM Sunday. A round went off in my front yard ... I stepped out into the front yard in time to see two guys running ...

Oh yeah, that night, after it was all over and my Wife (15 year Police veteran) finished yelling at me for going out there I went back to bed.
next time listen to the wife. That could have easily ended badly. Not much good happens outside at 330am, particularly if someone has discharged a firearm. Best to call 911 and stay inside.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Does anyone know if a Glock 19 in a Glock factory sport/combat holster would fit in that little space for the manual above the glove compartment? Would there be enough room for a 33rd mag in there for a spare?

If not, what about a Glock 26 in the same holster?

Thanks

-Emt1581

luke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
You can fit a handgun into the manual space of the glove box, but it just seems too heavy, don't think it would stay in place for long,especially over bumpy roads; better to carry your holstered weapon.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I got a hot bottle of mace! Believe in the power of the 20ft stream...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.