Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
. Was stopped by an officer regarding license plate (Washington Required) and first thing I said with hands visable, "Officer I have a 45 automatic in a holster by my left knee". He asked if I minded keeping my hands visable and we continued our conversation. Ended friendly when he asked what it was. LOL
Yep. I have a bunch of cop friends. Their #1 tip to get out of s ticket is to make them (the cop) safe.

• engine off
  • wheels cut hard right to the curb
  • interior lights on at night
  • Hands always visible on the wheel
  • Inform 1st thing about any guns in car
  • ask permission for any movement (like for a wallet)

Be pollite, don't be an ass kiss, and don't have any warrants, or previous tickets, and most cops will let you go. assuming you were not driving like an ass.
Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Yep. I have a bunch of cop friends. Their #1 tip to get out of s ticket is to make them (the cop) safe.

• engine off

Be pollite, don't be an ass kiss, and don't have any warrants, or previous tickets, and most cops will let you go. assuming you were not driving like an ass.
I can say, within the past 20 years or so of driving, that is absolutely NOT the case with PSP here in PA. They are absolute bastards with ticketing!!! I even had one guy give me a lecture on what type of holster I should be using and where (on my person) to carry it. :mad:

Had a friend that was PSP for a few years and was actually fired because he didn't give enough tickets. Kinda shows how they prioritize the fishing expeditions.

Now the local cops it's a different story. What you listed will usually work with them...or just be in a job that works side by side with them (Fire/EMS).

-Emt1581

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
carrying...

Just make sure that you are wearing your 'white-face' makeup if the local Andy Griffith pulls you over. And that both your forward and rear view cameras are working and running (your family will need the video for the lawsuit).

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Pony
Everyone pretty much knows that gun control doesn't work with criminals. Take the guns away from good people and then only the criminals will still have guns ... that's the last thing any sane person would want.

By definition alone criminals do not follow the law. Still amazes me how difficult that is for so many to grasp. __________________

Besides- Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks

• engine off

I agree with this except for "Inform 1st thing about any guns in car" verbally. My detective and US Marshall friends told me that usually gets officers more nervous than anything. I just have my license, insurance, and my carry permit ready when the officer walks up to the window. They see the permit and usually asks if there is a firearm in the car, and I say "yes, officer" After the business of issuing a citation is done, we usually have a good ole "gun guy" talk.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Pony
Everyone pretty much knows that gun control doesn't work with criminals. Take the guns away from good people and then only the criminals will still have guns ... that's the last thing any sane person would want.

By definition alone criminals do not follow the law. Still amazes me how difficult that is for so many to grasp. __________________
Besides- Guns don't kill people. Bullets kill people.
without the guns they don't

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Riiiggghhtt....because pressure cooker bombs, pipe bombs, fertilizer bombs, suicide vests, car bombs, and topless pictures of Rosie O'Donnell never hurt anyone right? Wait, nevermind, those are what terrorists use....and they're not criminals. Carry on.

-Emt1581

OP
OP

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Dude, from post 1 I tried to make this a non-partisan, non-political thread.

This is NOT a thread to debate the merits or morality of carrying guns.

This thread is for the S550 owners who do elect to lawfully carry guns, and how they choose to carry them in their car.
Some people elect to lawfully carry firearms. That's their decision and right; let's not get sucked into another bullshit Internet debate where people only get louder and louder and nobody is pleased with the outcome.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Hmm...funny, I've read a few cases where bullets have discharged without being in a gun.

No offense, but since you live in the UK you have as much right talking about guns in the United States as I have talking about the merits of having a queen.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hmm...funny, I've read a few cases where bullets have discharged without being in a gun.

No offense, but since you live in the UK you have as much right talking about guns in the United States as I have talking about the merits of having a queen.
I have never heard of a bullet going off on its own,i have dropped
bullets from as high as 8 feet and the primer never went bang.

The primer needs a very hard hit perfectly for a bullet to go bang and without a barrel its not much of a projectile.

I have a CCW and have been pulled over a few times and never once was it a bad experience like the dood in
that crazy video. I am still not sure what went down

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
After a year of ownership I still haven't found a great spot for my firearm inside the car. I'm in Illinois and even in the car the gun must be hidden or concealed. I've stored it in the console when leaving the car but normally still just carry it on me when driving. I carry sob so it's not to bad comfort wise. Harder to present it but that's the trade off living in the last state to allow CCL.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
After a year of ownership I still haven't found a great spot for my firearm inside the car. I'm in Illinois and even in the car the gun must be hidden or concealed. I've stored it in the console when leaving the car but normally still just carry it on me when driving. I carry sob so it's not to bad comfort wise. Harder to present it but that's the trade off living in the last state to allow CCL.
Small of the back is a dangerous way to carry. You ever fall you substantially increase the odds of tearing your spine all to hell. But if you're comfortable carrying that way and that's a risk you're willing to take then keep calm and carry on. :thumbsup:

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Small of the back is a dangerous way to carry. You ever fall you substantially increase the odds of tearing your spine all to hell. But if you're comfortable carrying that way and that's a risk you're willing to take then keep calm and carry on. :thumbsup:
This for SOB, bad bad bad....

I keep mine on-body even when driving. Carry an XDs .45 AIWB (Appendix right side). I am a big guy (6'3" 250lb) and the gun disappears under a t-shirt for me. If I get out and go in somewhere that carry is not legally allowed (school) I have a small flat keyed metal box that I put it in.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have never heard of a bullet going off on its own,i have dropped
bullets from as high as 8 feet and the primer never went bang.

The primer needs a very hard hit perfectly for a bullet to go bang and without a barrel its not much of a projectile.
I'd have to dig into the internet to find those stories, they are very rare, but it has happened. Usually bad or corroded primers were the case.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I've carried sob for years. Yes, I know the risks (and they are very small) but aside from a paddle holster its the most comfortable way to carry for me. Living in the burbs of Illinois deep conceal is sort of the way things go here. Every soccer Mom is frightened of every boogey man. I have several IWB holsters but unless I wear pants 2-3 sizes too big I'm just uncomfortable. I'm a big guy too. 6'3 250, but appendix carry (dick carry we call it) is way too uncomfortable for me.
To each his own I guess.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.