Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I believe more in the ballistics of a 9mm/38 SPC/.40/.45 depending whats riding along that day
Yep, I invest in precious metals, brass, copper and lead.
Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I carry a rape whistle, appendix carry.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
IMO if you carry in your glove box or arm rest you may as well be unarmed. If it's not on your body, it might as well be at home.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
IMO if you carry in your glove box or arm rest you may as well be unarmed. If it's not on your body, it might as well be at home.
If you mean when out of your car...leaving it behind in the glove box or arm rest...yup agree.

If you mean while driving having it in the glove box or arm rest....totally disagree. Reason being, it's typically a much faster draw due to faster access in a glove compartment or console than from SOB, IWB, etc...for most people and depending on the vehicle. Only exceptions there are the cross draw driving rigs, shoulder holster and sometimes an ankle rig.

YMMV

-Emt1581

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No idea how you ever came up with that thought process so I respectfully disagree with you. If I'm sitting in my seat and someone tries to carjack me I'd rather have my weapon on my hip where I can draw while undoing my seatbelt vs. leaning over to the glove box or wasting time opening the armrest.

Seconds count and part of the "conceal" in concealed carry is not advertising to someone that you have the ability to defend yourself. If someone has a weapon pointed at you and they see you reaching across your car for your glove box you're likely to end up shot/stabbed the second you turn your back.

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Bloody hell, just stumbled across this thread. Its like reading something from a movie.
Here in the UK, the Police dont even carry guns. I cant imagine what it would be like to assume everyone around you could be carrying.
I am not sure if I would feel safer in the US carrying a gun, knowing that they are everywhere or in the UK, know=ing they are rare.

Not judging btw, just fascinated by this thread.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Bloody hell, just stumbled across this thread. Its like reading something from a movie.
Here in the UK, the Police dont even carry guns. I cant imagine what it would be like to assume everyone around you could be carrying.
I am not sure if I would feel safer in the US carrying a gun, knowing that they are everywhere or in the UK, know=ing they are rare.

Not judging btw, just fascinated by this thread.
Its the 2nd amendment junkies. People forget the 2nd amendment came about that you could have a single shot flint lock rifle at home to protect yourself from the British invading like 200 some years ago.

It wasn't really intended to be used the way it is today; as obviously the founding fathers could not have EVER predicted high powered assault rifles when drafting the 2nd amendment 200 some years ago. And this is coming from a gun owner.

And I feel no need to carry at all points in time despite being able to. If someone wants my wallet or car- take it. No matter how much I love my GT. Im not going to get into a gun fight over something that can be replaced.

Reactions: DR_

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea how you ever came up with that thought process so I respectfully disagree with you. If I'm sitting in my seat and someone tries to carjack me I'd rather have my weapon on my hip where I can draw while undoing my seatbelt vs. leaning over to the glove box or wasting time opening the armrest.

Seconds count and part of the "conceal" in concealed carry is not advertising to someone that you have the ability to defend yourself. If someone has a weapon pointed at you and they see you reaching across your car for your glove box you're likely to end up shot/stabbed the second you turn your back.
I'll give you theslow draw from a glove-box. Unless you're in something like a Miata, it won't be rapid.

However, think of where you're hands naturally are when you are driving...wheel, shifter, lap. You want to see a fast draw...the rigs mounted under the steering column or between your knees (DeSantis Kingston) are where it's at.

The hip draw you mention means leaning one way or another, moving your hand/arm backward and then being able to draw. I haven't tried it in the Mustang, but with the massive bolsters that's going to be anything but smooth. Maybe it works for you though.

As for undoing the seatbelt, in a carjacking on the road if you can't punch the throttle and get away, you've probably done something wrong. Either failed to leave enough room in front of you or failed to plan ahead with escape routes (might be a sidewalk, side street, etc.) Unless they are not alone and others intentionally box you in.

But going with your method, you're saying undoing your belt, clearing the seatbelt, leaning whichever direction, (possibly clearing your shirt), reaching to that position on your belt is the fastest way to draw for you?

I haven't used the Kingston in years but when I did, draws were lightning fast.

-Emt1581

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Its the big 2nd amendment junkies. People forget the 2nd amendment came about that you could have a single shot flint lock rifle at home to protect yourself from the British invading like 200 some years ago.

It wasn't really intended to be used the way it is today; as obviously the founding fathers could not have EVER predicted high powered assault rifles when drafting the 2nd amendment 200 some years ago. And this is coming from a gun owner.

And I feel no need to carry. If someone wants my wallet or car- take it. No matter how much I love my GT. Im not going to get into a gun fight over something that can be replaced.
Thats it, blame us!!!

Ha ha, I didn't want to start the gun debate up, the OP asked for that not to happen. I am just registering my interest in the thread.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thats it, blame us!!!

Ha ha, I didn't want to start the gun debate up, the OP asked for that not to happen. I am just registering my interest in the thread.
He asked for a prospective from a non-gun ownership country. What I said is factual (until the carry line obviously) about how/why the 2nd came about; and merely stated they did not contemplate what is going on today when drafting the 2nd, in relation to recent news events. No opinion there. Remember he's not from this country or knows the history. And Im a gun owner as I said.

But again, to me carrying in the car makes no sense as Im not getting into a firefight over a mere possession that can be replaced. They will find the car or insurance will replace it.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its the 2nd amendment junkies. People forget the 2nd amendment came about that you could have a single shot flint lock rifle at home to protect yourself from the British invading like 200 some years ago.

And I feel no need to carry at all points in time despite being able to. If someone wants my wallet or car- take it. No matter how much I love my GT. Im not going to get into a gun fight over something that can be replaced.
Since your reply shows you have no clue as to the actual relevance and meaning of the 2nd Amendment, I won't debate you on it.

But what if someone wants to harm you or your SO ...or is he easily replaced?

-Emt1581

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

There's just so much wrong with this statement. The 2nd Amendment was not written for the gun, it was written for the people in order to defend against tyranny from foreign AND domestic sources.

However if you want to press the matter then I stipulate that the 1st Amendment does not cover your post as the forefathers could never have predicted the advent of the internet, computers, printing presses, morse code, radio transmissions or any technology other than the pen and paper.

GTFO here with that noise...

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'll give you theslow draw from a glove-box. Unless you're in something like a Miata, it won't be rapid.

However, think of where you're hands naturally are when you are driving...wheel, shifter, lap. You want to see a fast draw...the rigs mounted under the steering column or between your knees (DeSantis Kingston) are where it's at.

The hip draw you mention means leaning one way or another, moving your hand/arm backward and then being able to draw. I haven't tried it in the Mustang, but with the massive bolsters that's going to be anything but smooth. Maybe it works for you though.

As for undoing the seatbelt, in a carjacking on the road if you can't punch the throttle and get away, you've probably done something wrong. Either failed to leave enough room in front of you or failed to plan ahead with escape routes (might be a sidewalk, side street, etc.) Unless they are not alone and others intentionally box you in.

But going with your method, you're saying undoing your belt, clearing the seatbelt, leaning whichever direction, (possibly clearing your shirt), reaching to that position on your belt is the fastest way to draw for you?

I haven't used the Kingston in years but when I did, draws were lightning fast.

-Emt1581
I agree a mounted holster under the steering column may be faster, but it's all dependent on how you train. Car jackings don't happen on the freeway. They tend to happen in parking lots and in stopped traffic...both events usually do not provide you means to escape, otherwise it would be pointless for a perpetrator to attempt the theft in the first place.

Secondly, if I'm belted in and someone comes at me with a gun I already have three movements to make. First, move my left hand across my body to reach for my buckle and lift my shirt...secondly while doing the first move I'm position my right to grasp my weapon and draw up my side to conceal the weapon. Thirdly, I use my left hand to open the door which will provide a source of distraction while I point my weapon forward from my side and engage the threat.

During this entire move I can keep my eyes on the threat to continually assess the appropriate actions. This movement is trained by many private and military defense contractors as an appropriate response tactic when facing a vehicle hijacking. It also provides a two fold convenience of allowing you to maintain possession of your firearm should you not have the opportunity to draw it and are forcefully removed from your vehicle.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Well, maybe the printing press: Gutenberg Bible 1454. And, remember that Ben Franklin was a printer. :):)

LOL touché, however I was implying the printing presses we have today...not the metal plates used in "200 some years ago" lol
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.