Sponsored

S550 Owners - do you have an Emergency Roadside kit?

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you who use any type of roadside assistance (towing etc), which service do you use and how long do you have to wait until someone gets to your car?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yep. A sidearm, a rifle, spare mags, a lifestraw, tourniquet, and government resources.
Claymores (for tight parking spots), arty, air, mortars....a battleship or two.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Those of you who use any type of roadside assistance (towing etc), which service do you use and how long do you have to wait until someone gets to your car?
We keep AAA for the wife and daughter. Over the years wait times have been as little as 15 minutes and as long as 3+ hours. It depends on a lot of factors. Weather, time of day, location, traffic, number of providers in the area, etc. Rush hour in a major city usually means an hour+, an unexpected snow storm means all bets are off.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
What's an ice scraper ? Is that like a window squeegee ................ :rockon:
They dont use those in Corpus Christi, but they dang sure do in Amarillo. OT, I use methanol wiper juice in my meth/water injection tank. Try finding that stuff in Florida. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has this "protects to 32F" soapy water. No meth content. They dont sell that in TX.

Sponsored

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We keep AAA for the wife and daughter. Over the years wait times have been as little as 15 minutes and as long as 3+ hours. It depends on a lot of factors. Weather, time of day, location, traffic, number of providers in the area, etc. Rush hour in a major city usually means an hour+, an unexpected snow storm means all bets are off.
While it's certainly better than nothing, I can't justify paying for a service that doesn't have a response guarantee. A co-worker had a bad battery strand him half-way home the other night at about 11pm. No AAA trucks would come help him until the next business day. Not a jump, not a tow, not a bit a help. That's absolutely insane.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
My current car is still empty, but my previous two s550 EB's, I used to keep:
Bunch of nitrile gloves,
Spent blue shop towel roll (1/4 left)
Jumper cable
T-handle tire plug kit with sealed small tube of rubber cement.
Bunch of zip ties
Two contractor bags,
Air compressor (2nd EB has spare tire)

All this squished inside the spare tire well (or underneath spare tire in my 2nd car). I thought about folding shovel, but then since I already had the contractor bags and zip ties... I thought I would be a bottle of chloroform away from arousing suspicion from police.
I also keep a 1/2" 19mm socket with breaker bar and a Gerber multitool in the glove compartment.

I highly recommend the tire plug kit, compressor, and multitool (or wrench).
Back in 2010, I got a flat in my Genesis coupe, and I used my multitool to pull the screw, then used the plug kit to plug the tire, used air compressor to reinflate it. Took probably all of 10-15 min for repair, 7-8min to re-inflate.

I should have had the tire patched later, but never got around to it and I drove it fine until I wore down the tire and bought new ones.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I put reflective tape on the inside of the trunk area that can only be seen when the trunk is popped.
That's a great idea for any car!

In my younger days, I'd carry all kinds of tools and spares, but now owning newer cars under warranty that I couldn't fix if I wanted to (since most issues seem to be electrical or programming) I settled for buying the Ford spare tire kit (non-PP car) and a flashlight and multi-tool. Living as I do in the sunny South, a lot of stuff won't survive the summer heat.

I did once get stranded in KY with my Chevy truck, and the &^@%#$*& roadside assistance couldn't even be bothered to answer the phone! I fortunately also had AAA at the time, and they showed up after about 45 minutes.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great idea for any car!
I do it inside my door jambs too. A lot of european cars have reflectors built in for safety standards that don't exist here. If anything, it's just to remove any excuses in case of an insurance claim.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Although not an Emergency Roadside Kit per se, but did anyone buy the S550 ROUSH trunk lid kit?

Sponsored

Erratikmind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem M6/401A/PP1/MR, '19 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have the standard First Aid kit in all of my vehicles. When driving or riding long distances, and exploring, I always have my old Delorme InReach Explorer GPS unit with me for emergency situations.

I also include an extra box of 9mm in my travel kit.

Matthewneedforgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1
I just have a deck of cards if anything happens I play solitaire, give it about five minutes and someone will show and tell you what to do next.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Not much myself, but enough: A flat tire repair kit (Stop'NGo), a 12V compressor, gloves, rags, reflective vest, a large/thick black garbage bag to lay on, Leatherman Wave multi-tool to pull screws, etc, a 1000W NoCo lithium battery pack, a very nice first aid kit, and a small 9mm too (PPS M2) hidden at the end of the deep driver's door pocket. That's pretty much it :).

Last edited:

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Plug kit, small tire inflator, rags, gloves, extra old t-shirt ( in case I get messy) Headlamp with extra batteries, crescent wrench, screw driver combo. And that's it along with the spare. If I take a road trip I pack extra tools, and jump starter.

i like the trash bag idea, I'll add that in my kit.
Sponsored