saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
57 myself

Anyhow, to put this in perspective, I was out for a drive on Wednesday, parked along the road, taking in some scenery when a guy pulls up in a SN95 model GT (sonic blue perhaps?) He stopped, because he's color blind and only sees blue (my Kona).

Anyhow, we get to talking ... he's 82 ... the car had a rebuilt title that has a 2012 Coyote engine transplant with an auto. Get this ... hand controls ... he has no legs. The VA equipped his Mustang with hand controls so he could still drive the car he loves.

He said he and his ex wife at one time had 13 Mustangs "out back" that they eventually sold. He went on to say that he bought himself a new Acapulco Blue Mustang GT in 1968 when he was home on leave from Vietnam. Thought it had a 390, but he kept beating the hell out of everything he raced and he popped the hood and low and behold, he had bought himself one of the first 68 428CJ cars produced ... it cost him $3400. Sadly he totaled the car with only 9000 miles.

And yes, he floored it when it took off. LOL

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Looks like a lot of mid-life crisis guys in here.... LOL
The only crisis is not owning a Mustang for me. There should be a 12 step program

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
51 but look 35...

mentally 18. :punch::rockon:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I'm ringing that bell curve right in the middle at 48.

I have some oddly rarer cars in my life and I have never particularly cared for the Mustang, until the s550. I am a gearhead & therefore hang around other like-minded people and experience their machines. I drove a friends 350 and had no problems selling my BMW (over a year ago) and am waiting to see what happens for 2020. If nothing exciting I will be ordering mine in December am looking at something around $50~$60k+ that is raceable & knowable... & modifiable.

Something I can hold on to and get to know well over the next decade. GT500? GT350? PP2? Roush?

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
51 here as well. I think if this had been a MLC, I would have gotten a GT or Shelby. I've already got a couple hotrods in my old Plymouths that I have owned for decades, so I didn't really need another tinker toy. Frankly, a GT would walk away from either of those two cars and I couldn't have THAT... From a visual perspective, the S550 is in a whole 'nother league compared to Challengers or Camaros, even previous Mustangs. Ultimately, I was replacing a dedicated commuter car, so anything I bought would be filling those shoes day in, day out.

The EBPP is a great commuter for me, with all the safety features available and all the gadgets I could want. And now that my boys are big enough that they can sit in the front seat, I don't have to have 4 doors on the school trips. Any car I'm going to drive has to be fun, even if it's a commuter. With nearly 50% more weight than the '08 Fit it replaced, the Mustang is not as nimble or tossable feeling, but it has more ultimate grip and handles great. 200% more HP and TQ more than makes up for the lack of nimble on the highway. For me, the EBPP was a fairly sensible choice.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
51 here as well. I think if this had been a MLC, I would have gotten a GT or Shelby. I've already got a couple hotrods in my old Plymouths that I have owned for decades, so I didn't really need another tinker toy. Frankly, a GT would walk away from either of those two cars and I couldn't have THAT... From a visual perspective, the S550 is in a whole 'nother league compared to Challengers or Camaros, even previous Mustangs. Ultimately, I was replacing a dedicated commuter car, so anything I bought would be filling those shoes day in, day out.

The EBPP is a great commuter for me, with all the safety features available and all the gadgets I could want. And now that my boys are big enough that they can sit in the front seat, I don't have to have 4 doors on the school trips. Any car I'm going to drive has to be fun, even if it's a commuter. With nearly 50% more weight than the '08 Fit it replaced, the Mustang is not as nimble or tossable feeling, but it has more ultimate grip and handles great. 200% more HP and TQ more than makes up for the lack of nimble on the highway. For me, the EBPP was a fairly sensible choice.
LOL, I, for one, can completely understand.
Daily driver here too, but I'm replacing a big sedan that gets 50+ mpg on the highway. No PP for me, I'd love the suspension and brakes but I'd need tires that work in the snow and I don't need the PPs rear end ratio on my commute.
My EB is a few lbs heavier than my VW, but twice the hp and 50% more torque will make me hate filling the tank 3 times as often a little less.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
First Mustang at 16 , Second Mustang at 26 , Third at 42 . (44 now)

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Turn 39 next week. bought when I was 36. I wanna know who these three badass, born before WW2 and the Television mustang owners are.
Sponsored