Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT (Roush Supercharger)
Did you find a problem?
Well, the problem is fixed but I’m not entirely sure what it was because I was having some mods done in the process and now it handles just fine. I upgraded the suspension with a steeda active shocks, front and rear sway bars, SVE Sp2 wheels (19x10) and (19x11) with new Michelin ps4s rubber. I mentioned the issue to the tech beforehand and he said it could be a lot of things could cause that and he would look it over but unless it still did it afterwards it is a fixed issue.
It tracks much better now both at speed and during hard acceleration. Next upgrade: brakes.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Peter15051

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
If you have any driver aids like lane keeping on, turn it off. It's the new hot mod for the m7g guys who wete stupid enough to think tech (Ford tech no less) is always a plus.
During hard acceleration the traction control of course would go off. It is didn’t see or notice much else happening. One theory a friend had was bad TPMS and being different pressures in the rear tires by 8+ psi. He said he had an issue with not tracking correctly and he checked his tires and realized they were way off in the rear. But he was tracking it and changing tires/wheels etc all the time so he was more prone to mistakes.

OP
OP
Peter15051

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
The ford pp1 dampers are known to be badly under damped which leads to floating/disconnected feel.
That is the conclusion I came too as well after feeling the difference. Oh my upgrade package also included front and rear anti sway bars. Basically I stiffened up everything.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Well, the problem is fixed but I’m not entirely sure what it was because I was having some mods done in the process and now it handles just fine. I upgraded the suspension with a steeda active shocks, front and rear sway bars, SVE Sp2 wheels (19x10) and (19x11) with new Michelin ps4s rubber. I mentioned the issue to the tech beforehand and he said it could be a lot of things could cause that and he would look it over but unless it still did it afterwards it is a fixed issue.
It tracks much better now both at speed and during hard acceleration. Next upgrade: brakes.
Tires can certainly cause a similar issue you were feeling especially if they are worn. My Ecoboost is solid at 90 and 100 the few times I have gone that fast.
But my wife has a Rogue that we have had for almost 9 years. When the tires get worn it will drift all over the road at 80. They are 75% worn and I noticed it on our last road trip.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Could be rear axle thrust washer gone bad, somehow this made my car do what you stated in the OP. Only other thing that caused this for me was over inflated drag radials so I was basically running on the center strip only of drag radials. I think both my issues were mainly or only when under power though.

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Well, that's not right.
I don't have a solution for you but my bone stock EB convertible is rock solid at 110...
Can confirm with my own independent testing.

OP
OP
Peter15051

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
After the upgrade and letting it settle a bit I pushed it up to about 105 a few times and it was solid all the way.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

GrayS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a similar experience like this. Not sure if you fully fixed it, but my car fish tailed, shaked its butt side to side, when I would be going past a certain speed, and around corners. The dealer inspected it and found that the bolt holding the sway bar to the control arm was loose. I couldn’t go 80mph without it dancing. Now I’m able to go 130mph and it’s smooth (still floaty because of some stock suspension parts, but no fishtailing)

OP
OP
Peter15051

Peter15051

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
I had a similar experience like this. Not sure if you fully fixed it, but my car fish tailed, shaked its butt side to side, when I would be going past a certain speed, and around corners. The dealer inspected it and found that the bolt holding the sway bar to the control arm was loose. I couldn’t go 80mph without it dancing. Now I’m able to go 130mph and it’s smooth (still floaty because of some stock suspension parts, but no fishtailing)
That does sound remarkably similar. And I did just upgrade front and rear sway bars so it stands to reason it may have been part of the problem. It doesn’t seem to have issues after my upgrades were installed. If I can find my list of upgrade parts from the dealer receipt I’ll post it in its entirety.
Sponsored