S550 Issues

Vince

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
You have described perfectly a noise i had noticed recently, and mine has 17,000 miles on it now.
Took my GT into Ford today to have the winter tyres fitted and for them to have a look at a rattle that had developed near the front drivers side wheel when going over uneven surfaces or imperfections in the road. Also noticed a bit of a 'clunk' when coming to a stand still in slow moving traffic or when releasing the brakes.

Turns out it's a failed ball joint on the control arm. Only done 18k miles, and no suspension mods.

Covered by warranty and should have the car back tomorrow.
I had a similar noise with added squeaking. Took it to ford and after 2 days diagnosed a defective shock. As car had 600 miles and im im anal about potholes ii doubted it,b they are the professionals so hey ho. Waited 3 months for a shock to arrive since apparently they're all on back order. Neadless to say i was right and noise still there. Since in lockdown and im very very bored, i jacked up the car to have a look. Took me 5 min to find i have a collapsed nearside motor mount. Have to wait til ford reopens to have it seen to now. Found some Granatelli motor sports mounts that have good reviews and are not to stiff, i will fitting those once ford do their job right.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Zapnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi All,

New here but I've had my S550 since 2018. Recently the drivers side window has been going a bit haywire.
I know its supposed to drop slightly when you open the door to clear the window seal, but it seems to be randomly dropping and raising while I'm driving down the road or even just sat stationary! A couple of times I've come outside to find its still down a smidge too.

Any advise would me much appreciated.

Cheers

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Hi All,

New here but I've had my S550 since 2018. Recently the drivers side window has been going a bit haywire.
I know its supposed to drop slightly when you open the door to clear the window seal, but it seems to be randomly dropping and raising while I'm driving down the road or even just sat stationary! A couple of times I've come outside to find its still down a smidge too.

Cheers
This usually fixes it
Reset Procedure
  1. Start your Mustang.
  2. Close all the doors and windows.
  3. Open the window by pressing and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully open, keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  4. Close the window by lifting and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully closed, keep the switch held for a few seconds.

Zapnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This usually fixes it
Reset Procedure
  1. Start your Mustang.
  2. Close all the doors and windows.
  3. Open the window by pressing and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully open, keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
  4. Close the window by lifting and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully closed, keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Cheers will give this a go!

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Hi All,

Cheers

I had this too and it was driving me mad, window would go up and down when driving! I removed the door card and pulled all the plugs, made sure all pins were pushed into each plug fully, put everything back together and it’s been fine since, so obviously had a poor connection somewhere!

Sponsored

Zapnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had this too and it was driving me mad, window would go up and down when driving! I removed the door card and pulled all the plugs, made sure all pins were pushed into each plug fully, put everything back together and it’s been fine since, so obviously had a poor connection somewhere!
Yeah I tried the reset with no luck so I think this is my next option.
I'll have to get in there and take a look.
Hopefully taking the door card off isn't too much of a pain!

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Evap core failure.
aircon goes gradually warm. It’s a dash out job as it’s between the dash and bulkhead. 2k fix without warranty.

rear calliper seized.
Takes out discs, pads and fluid. Around ÂŁ700 without warranty. Both sides failed with me at different times.

rear camera failure.
Warranty will fix this but it’s simple to fix. Strip back the loom on the inside of the boot lid. You’ll find the offending wires easily enough.

puddle lamps.
Early ones lose the logo due to paper gobos used. Warranty will fix but only ÂŁ40 ish if not.

corrosion everywhere.
Boot seems rot, bonnet rots, wings rot. All covered by the 12 year perforation warranty

Manual gearbox crunch.
some say synchros but I’ve had my gearbox rebuilt and it’s exactly the same. Crunch when cold in 2nd moving up the gears. Mustang techs say the same “a character of the box”.
Sponsored