Sponsored

s550 Cover recommendations

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 - N3451 2015 Focus Titanium
Well, I can say from 1st hand experience that the GT350/GT350R covers from Ford are nothing more than a pretty dust cover (which is all I needed). So if you're wanting real protection from the elements, you'll need 3+ layers. Cover Craft is a great place to start. But if you're cheap like I am, always check craigslist or the classified here on 6g .... easy to ship as most weigh 10lb or less.

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
Covercraft, Hands Down!!!

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a California car cover for mine, I have them for all my cars. I believe mine is the Noah material.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same situation when I first got my car. If your worried about hail or storm damage then CoverKing autobody armor is about your best bet, but its not cheap. The only issue with a cover is that unless the car is clean you risk scratching the paint. I coated my car with Cquartz and had really good luck with it. Only used the cover for storms or long periods.
upload_2019-9-26_11-28-50.png

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Mine is from Sealskin, 5-layers, breathes, 10 year warranty, under $200.
002.JPG

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you donā€™t plan on using a cover after once itā€™s in the garage, and itā€™ll only be outside for a couple weeks, I wouldnā€™t even bother. Any cover worth getting is going to set you back a couple hundred bucks. If you could snag one for cheap off of Craigslist or here and have it within a couple days, then Iā€™d probably go for it. Or get a nice indoor/outdoor cover and use that. Then you can continue to get use out of it even after itā€™s no longer kept outside. Iā€™d personally recommend the covercraft weathershield hp. Can be used for indoor/outdoor, sheds water well, but is still breathable

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium Fastback PP1 with all of the goodies, 06 mountaineer, 03 expedition EB, and a couple of old Clark forklifts.
Thanks everyone! Ordering a covercraft now!

Cheers,

Ben

OP
OP

falk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
If you donā€™t plan on using a cover after once itā€™s in the garage, and itā€™ll only be outside for a couple weeks, I wouldnā€™t even bother. Any cover worth getting is going to set you back a couple hundred bucks. If you could snag one for cheap off of Craigslist or here and have it within a couple days, then Iā€™d probably go for it. Or get a nice indoor/outdoor cover and use that. Then you can continue to get use out of it even after itā€™s no longer kept outside. Iā€™d personally recommend the covercraft weathershield hp. Can be used for indoor/outdoor, sheds water well, but is still breathable
My 'Stang is not going to be a garage queen. It might take me about a month to get everything in place. I have two forklifts to move, and an engine to build to complete. It's my first Car style engine buildl! Mazda G54B, I've built a bunch of motorcycle and watercraft engines over the years. just got the block back from the machine shop. Now that it's cooling off, I can get back out in the garage!! :like:
Sponsored