Sponsored

RUST!!!!!!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's not rust it's "corrosion" since the hood is aluminum. Bought a 8k Mile gt350 last October and noticed it a couple days after it bought it. I'm was sick to my stomach. Brought it to my dealer and waiting on ford now for their response . The car is parked during the winter and now it's starting in two other spots several inches away from the e original spot

image.jpg
Since your GT350 is a 2019, Ford should replace the hood.

The Paint and Corrosion Warranty after 2015 was revised. Aluminum panels do not need to be perforated for warranty claims and proper action per Ford is to replace the entire panel, not attempt to repair it.

The Paint and Corrosion Warranty is also outlined in all S550 Owners Manuals.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Is the inner panel steel ?
My hood seems mighty Heavy to be all aluminum.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
yeah that's the contamination at the factory not allowing aluminum to adhere. my 2014 had this and i had the hood repainted by ford under warranty which i told them wouldn't fix anything, because a local body shop would be even less sterile than the ford factory, but they didn't do a hood replace, just painted. came back within a year. it was on the outside right at the front lip over the headlight, so i basically had the paint bubbling from 2014 until i sold her in 2021, and it never popped and rusted that whole time. just looked hideous. was hoping ford fixed it with these, but guess not.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The Paint and Corrosion Warranty after 2015 was revised. Aluminum panels do not need to be perforated for warranty claims and proper action per Ford is to replace the entire panel, not attempt to repair it.

that's funny, i believe my 2014 was fixed by ford in 2015 or 2016, and they wouldn't replace the hood, they chose to repaint it lol and did an awful job

Mn129

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350. 88 foxbody coupe

I'm was hoping they would replace the hood! I filed a claim over 3 weeks ago at my dealer and there's still no word from ford yet. Not sure why a reply from them is taking so long

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Perhaps you're not being annoying enough. The squeaky wheel and all that.
When mine went in for a headgasket they called me the day it was supposed to be ready and said they didn't have a part they needed to finish and couldn't get it for two weeks. I asked if another dealer had the part locally. They said yes but since it was a scarce part no one would transfer it between dealers. After quite a long bitch session and the threat, just the threat, to call corporate they miraculously found a part and the car was ready the next day.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I'm was hoping they would replace the hood! I filed a claim over 3 weeks ago at my dealer and there's still no word from ford yet. Not sure why a reply from them is taking so long
Gotta be persistent these days - always gotta chase for answers instead of people doing their jobs and following up with customers....

If you haven't already, you can call the Ford 800# in the owners manual (or search the Ford 800# thread in here which had a ton of Ford contact info) and ask for a Regional Rep, who should open a Case # for you. Once that is Case is opened, the Dealership must place priority on your vehicle and repair concerns. They also must follow up with that Regional Rep. until the repair is completed and you (customer) are satisfied with the end result.

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Gotta be persistent these days - always gotta chase for answers instead of people doing their jobs and following up with customers....

If you haven't already, you can call the Ford 800# in the owners manual (or search the Ford 800# thread in here which had a ton of Ford contact info) and ask for a Regional Rep, who should open a Case # for you. Once that is Case is opened, the Dealership must place priority on your vehicle and repair concerns. They also must follow up with that Regional Rep. until the repair is completed and you (customer) are satisfied with the end result.
Agreed, I would personally demand a new hood and a body shop of my choice to paint it

Mn129

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to give it a few more days then be pro active from that point. I'm near chicago and the weather here sucks still so there's no rush. I believe if it's warranty work a ford authorized body shop needs to do the repair. I have a great body shop that I like but when I talked to them about it they told me they're not ford authorized

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Is this "common" issue limited to only the hood? Does anyone have any advice for other areas/panels to check?

Sponsored

Mn129

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Is this "common" issue limited to only the hood? Does anyone have any advice for other areas/panels to check?
My local service manager told me yes it's a common problem and that he had seen it and ford is aware of it. Then he recommended me to another ford store that had their own in house body shop...the for body shop manager that I brought the car to said he had never seen it so go figure

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's legit been a problem since 2005 or earlier. ford's known about this, and the problem still occurs. it's a joke.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
it is, but assuming they are gaming the risk youā€™d think that they would at least skip the song and dance and simply provide customer satisfaction with a smileā€¦

Ford?
You can't be serious...
Sponsored