Rust on hood

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Its been a known problem from 2005 to present. I cannot believe they have not fixed it in 10+ model years. Even if they don't want to warranty the ones on the road, at the very least they could fix the production process to stop it from happening in the future. But no.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It can’t be fixed unless there is absolutely NO contact between the (2) metals being used to construct the hood OR the entire hood is made of 1 metal again, part metal and fiberglass or totally fiberglass.

That’s the underlying issue.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
The outer skin is aluminum, so you are saying the inner hood panel is not aluminum?

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
Welp I JUST found the same thing on my hood yesterday. Thing is I just washed the car about a week ago and didnt see anything there during the wash. I wonder if they're going to do anything about it. :(

Sponsored

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
Found a bubble on the front edge of my hood Friday. 2016 GT prem. with less than 7k on it. Not one that is comfortable handing my car over to a body shop and hope it comes out well, and lasts. Just disgusted with Ford letting this continue for so long and affecting so many people. We pay a hefty price for these cars and as Mustang enthusiasts really cherish and take care of these cars. Being put in this position really sucks when you need to get panels replaced and have paint work done because the Ford factory isn't taking the proper steps to ensure this does not happen after over 10 years of this being a PROBLEM.