JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Beautiful! Congrats! If I was ordering a RR, this would be it! Only tough choice would be to black roof it or not!
Each time I see the color, I like it more. Mine will be built next week, I went for the black roof, but no stripes.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I love the Ruby Red Raptors and I must say it carries over very nicely to the GT350.

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Each time I see the color, I like it more. Mine will be built next week, I went for the black roof, but no stripes.
I saw one locally here that had white stripes and black roof. It was very distracting!
I don't like any stripes with the black roof. I think it has to be one or the other. Now I just have to decide which...

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
I saw one locally here that had white stripes and black roof. It was very distracting!
I don't like any stripes with the black roof. I think it has to be one or the other. Now I just have to decide which...
In the end I agree with you. As of today mine shows as 'produced'. It is Ruby Red and has a black room. The pictures of have seen of this combination look great. I think I will be happy with that.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Ordered my GT350 yesterday with Race Red. Changing today to Ruby Red. I'll probably paint my 88 GT this color too. It looks fan fucking tastic

Trailerpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra 2017 Shelby GT350
Picked mine up Saturday. Love it so far.
IMG_3411.jpg

Sponsored

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Has anyone heard if this color will be continued into 18/19? I'll be sad if not, since I'm at least a year away from a purchase, due to a house build. Priorities :doh:

Thanks.

Last edited:

Hashmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350 (ordered)
The color keyed "Shelby" on the splitter is where it's at
IMG_3060.jpg

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper
attachment.jpg
I certainly agree that the stripe delete looks better on some cars than others and suggest that this color combination is one of the best without stripes.

I took delivery of my car about 11 days ago and couldn't be happier but noticed that the door sill plate on both the drivers side and passengers side only says "Ford" with the "Performance" left out.

Hopefully will get some pictures of the door sill plate soon and will post and in the mean time can someone post pictures of their door sill plates for a 2017MY GT350?

This car was also ordered without a radio and A/C (base 920A) and I have gotten a lot of negative feedback from friends and relatives suggesting that I was crazy to go with no A/C or radio but I am very happy with my ordering process. IMO it was never the intent for Carroll and his team to have any creature comforts in the "R" model either back in '65 or now. In addition since Ford worked so hard at trying to take out weight of the "R" model I did not want to add weight back in even though the weight savings was not significant.

Each to their own but just love this car the way it is.

:cheers:
You're driving my screen saver pic. CONGRATS!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Say a fella gets the Ruby Red without the black roof (huge mistake imo) but, say, that is all that was available.

How good would a roof wrap look? Would it look as good as the stock paint? Could I just paint the roof? Anyone know the colour code for the black roof?
Sponsored