Sponsored

RUBY RED GT350/R Thread

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I have a Ruby Red 350 on order with a black roof, convenience package and no stripe. I have a VIN and a date to be built sometime in the week of 9/19.

Two questions, is it too late to add stripes?? Still unsure about this?

Of those that have RR cars, how many did black roof and black OTT? Anybody do white OTT and black roof?

I wanted to do a survey but never figured it out.
Thanks
Jon,

As a former boss 302 owner, I decided on this car I didn't want any stripes. I am not a stripe "hater" I just personally felt like I didn't want stripes for this car. I understand that to many stripes are a must on a Shelby. That being said, in my opinion there are a few colors that can stand on their own without stripes. Ruby red is definately one of them. Everyone has an opinion on it, but for me, my color choices were based on no stripes. What I don't like with factory stripe options are the outer pinstripe. To me i didn't like the black stripes with the white outline, or the black with the white outline. I probably would have had a tougher decision if a matte black or semi gloss black were available.
Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Jon,

As a former boss 302 owner, I decided on this car I didn't want any stripes. I am not a stripe "hater" I just personally felt like I didn't want stripes for this car. I understand that to many stripes are a must on a Shelby. That being said, in my opinion there are a few colors that can stand on their own without stripes. Ruby red is definately one of them. Everyone has an opinion on it, but for me, my color choices were based on no stripes. What I don't like with factory stripe options are the outer pinstripe. To me i didn't like the black stripes with the white outline, or the black with the white outline. I probably would have had a tougher decision if a matte black or semi gloss black were available.
Thanks very much. I will leave things alone. I hope that there are enough seats for the convenience package for my car during the week of 9/19.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
True that. Ruby Red with a pair of black stripes would be amazing.
I love the DIB with black stripes, but if I _have_ to get a '17, I like RR with a black roof and no stripes.

Sponsored

NastyNaske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Ruby Red Metallic
H0967 Finally arrived.

Pics from when I picked her up and a few at home.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Reactions: TDC

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
ahmayzing!!
Congrats Sir

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Pics from when I picked her up and a few at home.
that color combo is outstanding... I thought mine is good, but that might just beat it. here is my baby

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
A few pictures of H 1437. Picked her up on Saturday.

Pardon my reflection in this photo:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Looks great, I'm really looking forward to mine getting here next month.

that color combo is outstanding... I thought mine is good, but that might just beat it. here is my baby
Two of my GT500s were Sterling Gray Metallic with black stripes, and my current GT is Magnetic. I'm a big fan of gray Mustangs, and yours looks fantastic.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
A few pictures of H 1437. Picked her up on Saturday.

Pardon my reflection in this photo:
Beautiful! Congrats! If I was ordering a RR, this would be it! Only tough choice would be to black roof it or not!

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful! Congrats! If I was ordering a RR, this would be it! Only tough choice would be to black roof it or not!
Thanks. Never been a fan of black roof so an easy choice for me. It's an amazing car though.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Good choice Dave, looks great!! I'm not a fan of the black roof either, but nice to have a choice. You know that white stripe ruby red i took a picture of on the transporter? I met the owner of that one at the labor day weekend Madrid car show.

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Good choice Dave, looks great!! I'm not a fan of the black roof either, but nice to have a choice. You know that white stripe ruby red i took a picture of on the transporter? I met the owner of that one at the labor day weekend Madrid car show.
Thanks Jim, I hope yours comes soon.
Sponsored