Sponsored

Roush not selling supercharged Mustangs?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I was on their site the other day and noticed they have two new Mustang packages available, but neither has a supercharger, even as an option. Anyone know why that might be? Is Roush just done with he S550?
Sponsored

dstanky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP California Special
I'm wondering if it due to the 2022/2023 emissions changes as it might not be cost beneficial for that 2 year span.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Correct. You cannot buy a ready-made Roush mustang with a supercharger, like the S3 in 2022. You can still add the Roush supercharger kit, but they don't make a model that has it installed. The TrakPak Roush isn't cheap...around 20k added to a base mustang and not much in the way of extra HP. HUGE mistake by Roush IMO.

Now you can find some Ford dealers that will install the Roush Supercharger and even sell the car at invoice...but the VIN will be a normal GT vs. the Roush that has a special VIN.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
EPA rules I’d bet.

Sponsored

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
Correct. You cannot buy a ready-made Roush mustang with a supercharger, like the S3 in 2022. You can still add the Roush supercharger kit, but they don't make a model that has it installed. The TrakPak Roush isn't cheap...around 20k added to a base mustang and not much in the way of extra HP. HUGE mistake by Roush IMO.

Now you can find some Ford dealers that will install the Roush Supercharger and even sell the car at invoice...but the VIN will be a normal GT vs. the Roush that has a special VIN.
Wrong true Roushs do not have a special Vin number. I have a 2022 serial number 1 with all features of a S3. There will be 3 serial number badges on the car to tell you its real, one is even signed in the engine bay by the tech that installed all aftermarket parts and supercharger.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Wrong true Roushs do not have a special Vin number. I have a 2022 serial number 1 with all features of a S3. There will be 3 serial number badges on the car to tell you its real, one is even signed in the engine bay by the tech that installed all aftermarket parts and supercharger.
Maybe special VIN is the wrong context...I meant that if you look up a VIN on a Roush car, it will show the mods and be worth more than a normal GT VIN with a Roush supercharger added.

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Maybe special VIN is the wrong context...I meant that if you look up a VIN on a Roush car, it will show the mods and be worth more than a normal GT VIN with a Roush supercharger added.
They sent me all kinds of certifcate of authenticity paperwork. So the vin really isn't as important. Except of having enough insurance coverage.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
They sent me all kinds of certifcate of authenticity paperwork. So the vin really isn't as important. Except of having enough insurance coverage.
No dog in this hunt, but I would tend to disagree with that statement.
Certificates, etc can get lost or not be transferred from one owner to another. A VIN however, that stays with the car no matter what.

Sponsored

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
No dog in this hunt, but I would tend to disagree with that statement.
Certificates, etc can get lost or not be transferred from one owner to another. A VIN however, that stays with the car no matter what.
Irresponsible owner if they lose anything. Car owners with specialty, rare or limited production keeps all paper working never loses anything.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Maybe in a perfect world. But I can think of several circumstances where paperwork could become lost. That VIN never will.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
As I understand it, there will be no Roush S650 Mustang programs either.
Whipple has the FP contract now. The 1t kit dropped today from FP for the F150. An all new gen 6 is being launched soon and will be a joint FP/whipple tune.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Mr. Met

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
The TrakPak Roush isn't cheap...around 20k added to a base mustang and not much in the way of extra HP. HUGE mistake by Roush IMO.
The RS3 was over $25k. It looks like you are still getting everything but the supercharger, even the cooling kit that seems to have been repurposed. So I would say the price is similar.

While both are priced high, that has always been my issue with Roush over Shelby. You have to buy the Roush from the dealer. Makes it near impossible to get a good deal on one like you can with Shelby, since you're just sending in your own car.
Sponsored