OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Anyone read this at all or know anything about it?

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
this is in reference to the herrod article. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 75k is actually ON TOP of the purchase price of the car. Its effectively a Roush 3....There is no way they are offering a installed kit for about 10k

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
And a pic of a gt350....Wheels magazine.....Australia's automotive trash mag....

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
And a pic of a gt350....Wheels magazine.....Australia's automotive trash mag....

Hah yes!! good point Bob.. I am a bit disappointed as i was excited for all of 2 seconds before i realised there is not much chance of a SC kit fitted for about 10k. Especially given some of the pricing we have seen from Herrod.

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Dont worry Melbnut...I was the same...I was looking for somewhere to sign up....Damn Daz....I wish he would hurry up and get his car.....

Sponsored

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
I had a quick flick through this today at the Newsagent. (i wasn't going to buy it)

It was really vague, the 75K sounds like the drive away price. (properly just a Herrod Cat back exhaust (Retuned FPR ADR compliant exhaust and Tune and warranty for 10k)

I'll have to read it again to make sense of it... it was just talking about Ford Racing parts..we can already get those for a lot better price straight from the States...

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I really want to know now... I'll call Herrod Monday and ask where I sign up for this 10k sc kit. I bet it is 75k On top.

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
I really want to know now... I'll call Herrod Monday and ask where I sign up for this 10k sc kit. I bet it is 75k On top.
I'm interested in the outcome of this call,

it's quite misleading if it is 75K "on top of car"

if someone has this article can they scan it and post it... it's only two pages, so i believe that doesn't breach copyright.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Given the cost of the parts they are quoting and what other shops are charging to supply and fit a supercharger kit I cannot see how they can do it for what is about 10-12k. If they can then my hat goes off to them.

But the article talks about full exhaust, shafts ect and there is zero chance they could do all that and remain profitable

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
it just shits me that they can't build a GT350 for the RHD market, UK market would love it as well as the AUS market..

It would take on HSV...

Should only cost 85-100K here in Aus for a GT350.

What clown is going to pay 66K for a Aussie GT then 75K on top.. cheaper options than that to get to 499 killer wasp's.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OZDAZ5.0

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Im sure a Roush stage 3 kit is around 70K, My sisters finance company has had a few customers trying to finance 70k on top of the car and getting knocked back.

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Im sure a Roush stage 3 kit is around 70K, My sisters finance company has had a few customers trying to finance 70k on top of the car and getting knocked back.
who finances a 70k mod on a car.... sure if you had money to burn and you were bored of your M4... (still a clown to spend 70k)

commonsense prevails here.. i just can't believe people would try to finance a Roush 3 kit.:doh::doh:

OP
OP
OZDAZ5.0

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
who finances a 70k mod on a car.... sure if you had money to burn and you were bored of your M4... (still a clown to spend 70k)

commonsense prevails here.. i just can't believe people would try to finance a Roush 3 kit.:doh::doh:
Its the look at me I have a Roush stage3 Mustang "factor"....they don't generally allow too much in modification spend on new cars.....

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
Its the look at me I have a Roush stage3 Mustang "factor"....they don't generally allow too much in modification spend on new cars.....
yeah true, but most people on the road wouldn't know the difference..

Buying any car is a liability and it's never a Asset... and to spend that much on mods is crazy.

I've bought a lot of new cars over the last 10 years, i've lost a lot on them as well, but i've never need finance, so that how is justified it..

I don't mind spending 10% of a cars value on mods, but thats my limits.. it's hard not to personalise your ride

75K:doh::doh::doh:

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Considering the 650HP Super Snake through Mustang Motorsports is $87 200 which does not include base price of vehicle.....I call bullshyte

But then again is bsdeals magazine, who are notorious stretchers of the truth.

Plus the cover car is not a genuine GT350.

Regards
Paul
Sponsored