Sponsored

Rokblokz - still the best splash/rock guard?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I bought the ZL1 Addon versions as I was real happy with the ones I put on my 2016.

Well, the new ZL1's are made from thicker plastic and the adhesive tape let go of both the front flaps within a couple of weeks (vs. adhesive still holding on the thinner ones on my 2016 after 5 years and over 100k miles of driving). I blame the thicker and stiffer plastic (which does make them "nicer"), or the flaps were not cleaned properly before applying the tape (it let go there rather than the fender). I had them send me new tape, but I've yet to replace it yet as it is still holding at the top of both flaps (even after 13+k miles and some nasty winter driving this season). I'll admit I got lazy, but I was also curious to see how the rest of the adhesive would hold up through the winter.

Just checked out Rokblox web site and I see that they DO NOT use adhesive tape, instead they have some sort of fastener at the top that they claim is "no-drill". I wanted to see the installation instructions so I could hopefully see how it is fastened, but they don't post them on the site. Anyone care to share the install instructions and/or pics of the special fastener used ??

Thanks,

Doug

Pics of the adhesive failure on my ZL1's:
ZL1-LH-Front.JPG
ZL1-RH-Front.JPG
There is a clip that snaps over the fender lip. You can see it in action here:
Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
StangTime ... thanks for posting the video.

So is the black special upper front clip "plastic", black oxide coated "steel" (I.E. magnetic), or black oxide coated "stainless steel" (I.E. non-magnetic) ??

Web site say hardware is all "stainless steel", so I'm hoping it is either plastic or SS.

Thanks,

Doug

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The clip is plastic and attached to the flap with stainless hardware, so there is no concern about metal on paint.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
The clip is plastic and attached to the flap with stainless hardware, so there is no concern about metal on paint.
It was hard to tell in the video if it was plastic or metal ... it being PLASTIC, I'll likely order up a pair.

My rear ZL1's are just fine (even added my own SS screws), so I'll leave them alone.

THANKS goes out to both YOU and ROKBLOX !!

Doug

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
My driver side ZL1 adhesive has let go again so I just ordered up a pair of RokBloz.

Doug

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My driver side ZL1 adhesive has let go again so I just ordered up a pair of RokBloz.

Doug
You won’t regret it. The fronts are an easy install. Rears require the wheels off but other than that an also easy install. Had them on my ‘16 and have them on my ‘22 now.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I think they work well - that said - extensive PPF really is a must.

Sponsored

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
I have them on my '22 GT. So far, so good. I put a little piece of PPF on the fender lip at the very top to the Rok Bloxs just in case there's chafing.

My only complaint, if you can call it such is the logos. First, while stainless steel screws are great...I painted mine black so then blend in, the big washers are logo'd that I could do without. Even the actual guards are engraved with the logo.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Best place to buy RokBlokz?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Best place to buy RokBlokz?
I ordered them from their site, they ship pretty fast. They're based in Utah, so it was extra fast for me, lol.

I've had mine on since new, they still look great and have saved my sides from countless rock chips for sure.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I ordered them from their site, they ship pretty fast. They're based in Utah, so it was extra fast for me, lol.

I've had mine on since new, they still look great and have saved my sides from countless rock chips for sure.
Thanks. I like supporting manufacturers but slightly more vendors who are active on the forums. Do any of them sell RokBlockz? Is RocBlokz direct sale to customers only?
Sponsored