Sponsored

RHD Mustang "Options and Packages" - Help

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Hi Everybody!

Can one of you Americans, purveyors of fine pony and muscle cars, please help us Aussies and Pommies out and decode the actual trim levels that we should expect to receive for our RHD vehicles.

One of the latest Etis lists is linked here:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=795759&postcount=1

There are many incredibly vague features described in this list and frankly, it doesn't mean a whole lot to us:

i.e.

With Level 'A' Interior Decor - ?
Centre Console-Level 2 - ?
With Level 2 Door Trim Panel - is this the soft touch?
With Lunar Contrast Stitching - white dash stitching?
Less Special Equipment Package - ?

Our European friends have also documented some differences between the 'Custom pack' and the standard export trim (link below), but so far all of this is unclear for RHD cars.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=792199&postcount=1

I'm sure someone knows each of these features and trim levels off the top of your heads...:cheers:

Help!
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I second that, so as soon as you awake guys :D

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Unfortunately, it sounds like your option packages are described very differently from ours. In the US, the package which gets white dash stitching and soft touch door panels is the "Premier" package. To confuse things worse; for us, it's possible to get the "Premium Package" without the premier option as well. But I'm sure there may be someone on here who would know the answers to your questions.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Now that makes sense. So it would seem that us lot in the UK all get premium interiors but no premier option exists even for the poor sods that paid for the custom package.

OP
OP
G RUSH

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Unfortunately, it sounds like your option packages are described very differently from ours. In the US, the package which gets white dash stitching and soft touch door panels is the "Premier" package. To confuse things worse; for us, it's possible to get the "Premium Package" without the premier option as well. But I'm sure there may be someone on here who would know the answers to your questions.
Hey thanks for jogging my memory - I remember this "Premier" trim now - its also in the 2016 brochure.

It still looks like the export spec is just a random pick and choose off the list and the EUR vehicles get some of this Premier trim if you chose custom pack.

Edit:nothing explains the differences in leather for those two European cars...

Looks like this one's in the "too hard" basket!

Last edited:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
The EU Custom/Mustang/Premium Pack (all vehicles are "premium" to begin with) offers the upgraded "natural grain" leather seats. Unsure if you can only have the pack with these seats, but you can't get these seats without getting the pack. (Which basically is all options available, plus upgraded interior and exterior details.)
Sponsored