Sponsored

Koons Baltimore Ford Mustang Appearance and Performance Packages

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I got to drive Koons Baltimore Ford's latest offering. A 2017 Mustang GT with their GT350R Appearance and Track Package. I've been talking to Koons about getting into the aftermarket scene like other dealers have been doing. With the ridiculously low prices they sell their cars for it would allow buyers to roll mods into the financing. Tom one of the sales managers and Mustang fanatic decided to partner with JPC Racing who did all the tuning and install work on this car.

The package on this car is $15,995 and includes:
Carbon Fiber Front Chin Spoiler
Carbon Fiber GT350R Replical Rear Wing
N4S Project 6GR: 19x10 & 19x11 Satin Black Wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: 285/35R19 & 325/30R19
Color Match JLT Cold Air Intake System
Hand Held Programer w/JPC Racing Custom Tuning
Ford Performance Stainless Steel Sport Exhaust with GT350 Tips and Rear Valance
Ford Performance Track Springs, Shocks & Struts along with HD Sway Bars and Links
Blacked Out Emblem Package

Having owned a 15 GT Performance Pack with Lund Tune prior to my GT350, I know what a well tuned GT should feel like. JPC did a excellent job with the tune, delivering smooth power and great throttle response. It's not a canned tune, but done through a combination of dyno and road testing by JPC. This car is conservatively rated at 475 crank HP using 93 Octane. The Ford Performance Track Suspension removed the GT PP floaty feeling and felt very composed around the turns. The Project6GR wheels and Michelin tires also contributed to the on rails feel. I was expecting the car to ride really rough, but surprisingly it didn't. The carbon fiber front splitter and rear spoiler look nice along with the GT350 rear valance and black badges. It's a very tastefully done car and kind of a Mustang version of the Camaro 1LE. Kind of funny I'm posting about this car on the same day as the more expensive and probably worse performing Shelby GT-E was announced. It's got those Shelby badges though...:D

Koons Baltimore Ford plans on offering any of these mods a la carte on any Mustang they sell. Different exhaust and power adders including Whipple, Kenny Belle and Roush superchargers along with JPC's own turbo kit. I took some pics of it in the showroom before I took it out. Don't worry I didn't drive it too hard because this example will ultimately be sold to someone! I'd love to see Matt Farah do a one take in this car if he's ever out on the east coast. It's awesome to have more alternatives instead of the typical Roush, Saleen, Hennessey or Shelby American Mustang.
20160902_125847.jpg
20160902_125838.jpg
20160902_130023.jpg
20160902_125741.jpg
20160902_125604.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Quite the premium but man does that look great.
There is no doubt someone could get all the parts and do it cheaper shopping around, but if you want it ready to go day one or week one with some financing options it's a pretty sweet setup. It's really up to the customer how far they want to go with the cosmetic and performance mods. They had another customer just do a Roush Supercharger which was installed and tuned by JPC.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Certainly not a bad looking car. I just don't think it's fun buying a car modded like this new. Part of the enjoyment of owning a car is starting off a "base" slate and adding things to make it your own. But I know not everyone is into that.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
How are they selling those with the EPA on everyone's back?

Really cool they are supporting N4SM though :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Certainly not a bad looking car. I just don't think it's fun buying a car modded like this new. Part of the enjoyment of owning a car is starting off a "base" slate and adding things to make it your own. But I know not everyone is into that.
Completely understand. I'm the same way you are, but also know if I could have got a Whipple supercharger financed at 1.99% when I bought my 15 GT I might not be driving a GT350 right now. I believe they plan to do a few prebuilt ones like this one in different configs. Plus offer the customer the ability to select any Mustang off the lot and pick their mods during the purchase process. It will then be built by JPC within a week or two of sale.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Completely understand. I'm the same way you are, but also know if I could have got a Whipple supercharger financed at 1.99% when I bought my 15 GT I might not be driving a GT350 right now. I believe they plan to do a few prebuilt ones like this one in different configs and then just offer the customer the ability to select their mods during the purchase process and have it built by JPC within a week or two of sale.
I agree. If I had known the dealer I got my GT from was the only authorized Roush dealer in the VA area I would have went and looked at them (they have them at their other location in Richmond). I would have loved to have a stage I/II package if the price was right.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
holy wheels and tires!! those are wide

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Very nice, and I don't know that I've ever said that about a dealer installed package.
I now right! They tend to always find a way to screw it up! :D

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Very nicely done by Koons. All the parts probably cost about $10,000, but pretty sweet that you can get it turn-key.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Nice.

Tom.snyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 GTPP Premium
Thank you all for the compliments! We also had it professionally photographed and any customer who wants to have theirs photographed after completion is welcome to take advantage of the service!

Paul @ Need 4 Speed Motorsports was awesome to work with helped out a ton with fitment! The 19x11 Project6GR wheels are sick in person!

Here are some of the professional pics!
Snyder-1005.jpg
Snyder-1084.jpg
Snyder-1030.jpg
Snyder-1130.jpg
Snyder-1025.jpg
Snyder-1106.jpg
Snyder-1003.jpg
Snyder-1088.jpg
Snyder-1080.jpg

jasonstang

Threads