spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Why not wate and see how this car handles PP and TP are for SCCA class enay way.

Someone mentioned that to me before. Are you referring to scca solo or time trial? Or buying a new 2015 pp and stripping the whole thing out installing all the safety/fire/cage systems and using it for actual scca racing like a-sedan or gt2/3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
My main problem is the PP is the only way to get Brembos and Decent wheels on a base GT.

Just because I want an auto means I dont want the best brakes I can get from the factory and ugly/skinny 18" wheels? Its just silly.

Keep the PP manual but give us at least the same options as last year with a brembo brake package or at the very least better wheel options to buy. Wheels are so easy. Seems they are throwing away money by not letting us choose. I understand wanting to keep certain package only wheels exclusive but zero wheels over 18" is unsat.

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I do, but I would absolutely consider myself both, and I definitely have the driving/racing credentials to back that up. And implying that someone isn't a driving enthusiast just because they don't want a manual is preposterous.

As i said earlier, i am being general as i don't know you (or anyone on this forum) and you don't know me. so what side of the 95%/5% you fall into, i'm not commenting on, but it's clear where the majority fall.

There is however a difference in involvement and control; one that a driving enthusiast would be enthusiastic about. i'll give 2 examples to illustrate that difference;
coming off a straight and entering a tight right hand bend;
in the flappy paddle you get on the brakes, click your left hand and turn in.
in the manual you get on the brakes with the ball of your foot, stab the clutch to the floor, blip the gas with your heal, slot it into gear and turn in.
what one of those 2 is more involving? what would an enthusiast choose and what would your mother choose?

now an example of the added control;
you're in an empty area, making a turn at a stop sign with no one around and you want to have a little fun, so you try to pull away from the stop sign aggressively and slide the tail out for a little bit of RWD v8 fun:
in the auto you just mash the gas to the floor and hope the torque converter locks up fast enough that you spin the wheels instead of just launching like a rocket then right as the slide really starts going, tranny upshifted and killed the drift.
in the manual i give the gas pedal a nice kick, drop the clutch like it's hot, then steer, feather the throttle for balance and smile from ear to ear.

one is enthusiastic, one is what you're mother would like.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Why not wait and see how this car handles PP and TP are for SCCA class anyway
I'm sure the regular Suspension will handle great, but it's not just about the Handling. I want the Performance Pack on My Eco-Boost Coupe for Two Things, the Boost and Oil Pressure Gauges and the Upgraded Brakes from the GT. Luckily it appears I'll be able to get the Paddle Shift Automatic with the Performance Package on the Eco-Boost. I admit it really does suck that GT Buyers wont be given that choice unless they have the luck to buy a 50th Anniversary Limited Edition. BTW, I would Love a Manual, because they are a lot of fun to drive, but in Daily Driving, especially in a Heavily Congested City it can get very Monotonous. I Loved having a 5 Speed Manual in My 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe but that was 20 Years ago and there is just too much traffic here now, at least with the 2015 I'll be able to shift semi-manually with the Paddle Shifters when I get the chance to get out in the country and play a little.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
As i said earlier, i am being general as i don't know you (or anyone on this forum) and you don't know me. so what side of the 95%/5% you fall into, i'm not commenting on, but it's clear where the majority fall.

There is however a difference in involvement and control; one that a driving enthusiast would be enthusiastic about. i'll give 2 examples to illustrate that difference;

coming off a straight and entering a tight right hand bend;

in the flappy paddle you get on the brakes, click your left hand and turn in.

in the manual you get on the brakes with the ball of your foot, stab the clutch to the floor, blip the gas with your heal, slot it into gear and turn in.

what one of those 2 is more involving? what would an enthusiast choose and what would your mother choose?

now an example of the added control;

you're in an empty area, making a turn at a stop sign with no one around and you want to have a little fun, so you try to pull away from the stop sign aggressively and slide the tail out for a little bit of RWD v8 fun:

in the auto you just mash the gas to the floor and hope the torque converter locks up fast enough that you spin the wheels instead of just launching like a rocket then right as the slide really starts going, tranny upshifted and killed the drift.

in the manual i give the gas pedal a nice kick, drop the clutch like it's hot, then steer, feather the throttle for balance and smile from ear to ear.

Fair enough, and to each their own. I loled at drop the clutch like it's hot.

Sponsored

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
My main problem is the PP is the only way to get Brembos and Decent wheels on a base GT.

Just because I want an auto means I dont want the best brakes I can get from the factory and ugly/skinny 18" wheels? Its just silly.

Keep the PP manual but give us at least the same options as last year with a brembo brake package or at the very least better wheel options to buy. Wheels are so easy. Seems they are throwing away money by not letting us choose. I understand wanting to keep certain package only wheels exclusive but zero wheels over 18" is unsat.
on the '14 the brembos can be had ala cart and i haven't not heard ford say they won't have the brembos on the automatic, but as i said before, most brake upgrades won't make the stopping distance any shorter, they're for better cooling so they don't fade after repeated stops, like on a track. after 3 60-0's i bet there would be little difference between the 2 brakes in either stopping distance or fade, but at 10 stops there would be a huge difference. so would you really notice that in your type of driving?

as for wheels, look in the for sale section 6 months after the car is out, my gt pp wheels will be for sale.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I admit it really does suck that GT Buyers wont be given that choice unless they have the luck to buy a 50th Anniversary Limited Edition
As I've said in another thread, I personally think this is the bottom line reason for why it's not being offered on the auto GT. It's a way to give the LE version more exclusivity. The fact that the PP IS available on the Ecoboost with an auto reinforces that theory. If it was a matter of autos not being a suitable performance match for the PP yadda, yadda, I don't think it would be available on the Ecoboost with an auto either (or the LE GT for that matter).

I'm betting that the PP will be available with the auto on the GT for MY '16...

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I'm betting that the PP will be available with the auto on the GT for MY '16...
Agree, or at least some kind of Track Pack (I think that's actually what it is called on the GT, though I'm using evidence on something that is showing the wrong wheels!).

Would like the sway bars/springs/strut brace at minimum

I'm fine with that, that makes sense to me. you're just like those rich 85 year old women who have the money to buy any car she wants, so she buys the top of the line V12 amg and never cracks 35mph, but can brag to her friends that she got every option. I think it's a waste of money but it's not my money you're wasting.
what would an enthusiast choose and what would your mother choose?

C'mon man that's harsh and silly. You even go on to say you don't need to go on the track to enjoy it. Still painting in too broad a brush. My Mom likes driving a manual too, heck our entire family does. I guess I'm in a sexist thread title so what should I expect :crazy: Another "Hero" manual driver in this thread.

I think it's fun to drive both auto and manual, I find the 8speed ZFs quite fun, I am a little worried about the 6sp that ford is currently using. The old autos are more boring but the new generation of autos is quite fun. Maybe you're just getting old and can't 'get with the times'

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I find it interesting that they chose to put the "Manual Trans Only" note specifically on the Brembo brake line item instead of at the very top, since the assumption is that ALL of those items in the package are exclusive to the manual...

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I was talking about enjoying the manual trans in daily life, not the suspension. the only real part of the PP that i'd enjoy daily is the LSD.

Yes, i am a hero fighting for more manuals because it's a dying breed and if someone doesn't fight then they will go extinct; why is the underdog ridiculed for fighting the majority?
i'm not saying automatics can't be fun, but the manual is more fun, more control, more flexibility.

In real life everyone tells me, i'm just young, thats why i want the manual, when you get older (and lazy) you'll want the automatic, everyone online tells me i'm too old fashion and not with the young kids and their automatics.

and the sexist title was a guy wanting an automatic.

P.S. you shouldn't try to attack me, it'll make you look bad. counter what i'm saying and you'll sound intelligent, call me a hero and it sounds like you don't have a valid point.

EDIT: you also bring up an excellent point, it's not a performance pack it's a track pack I.E. for the....you fill in the blank.

Sponsored

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I find it interesting that they chose to put the "Manual Trans Only" note specifically on the Brembo brake line item instead of at the very top, since the assumption is that ALL of those items in the package are exclusive to the manual...

I was really curious about that too, but it's so hard to tell considering how slopped together the configurator currently is.

I was talking about enjoying the manual trans in daily life, not the suspension. the only real part of the PP that i'd enjoy daily is the LSD.
All Mustangs will have an LSD, you don't need that for PP. I also don't see how you wouldn't enjoy the springs, sway bars, etc. on daily use. It's almost like you don't know what you are talking about?

Yes, i am a hero fighting for more manuals because it's a dying breed and if someone doesn't fight then they will go extinct; why is the underdog ridiculed for fighting the majority?
i'm not saying automatics can't be fun, but the manual is more fun, more control, more flexibility.
haha, no by hero I mean the dude that thinks he is a hero because he can drive a manual. My mom, grandma, entire family can drive a manual. Manual cars are great and shouldn't die, I agree, but it endows us with no special powers.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I was really curious about that too, but it's so hard to tell considering how slopped together the configurator currently is.
Agreed. The photo that they have with it isn't even the right wheels or brakes.

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
on the '14 the brembos can be had ala cart and i haven't not heard ford say they won't have the brembos on the automatic, but as i said before, most brake upgrades won't make the stopping distance any shorter, they're for better cooling so they don't fade after repeated stops, like on a track. after 3 60-0's i bet there would be little difference between the 2 brakes in either stopping distance or fade, but at 10 stops there would be a huge difference. so would you really notice that in your type of driving?

as for wheels, look in the for sale section 6 months after the car is out, my gt pp wheels will be for sale.
The order sheet says specifically that the brembo brakes are manual only. Then it says again that the whole PP is not available with auto trans. (even said the same thing on the site builder that was up last night for a few hours. there are screen shots of that info in the thread about it)

And yes for what I will be doing with the car other than daily driving the better cooling is exactly what I want when I am out at the drag strip with the guys from work.

Gimme the brembo's and wheels ala carte and I will be a happy camper. I dont want to have to wait and save to buy aftermarket. If I do, I sure as hell am not going to buy someone's used PP wheels, there are too many other better options out there if I have to buy out of pocket.

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
All Mustangs will have an LSD, you don't need that for PP. I also don't see how you wouldn't enjoy the springs, sway bars, etc. on daily use. It's almost like you don't know what you are talking about?

haha, no by hero I mean the dude that thinks he is a hero because he can drive a manual. My mom, grandma, entire family can drive a manual. Manual cars are great and shouldn't die, I agree, but it endows us with no special powers.
I know all mustangs have LSD, but if you've driven cars with lesser LSD's you'd know they will often act as an open diff; i have LSD in both my vehicles, but i haven't been happy with the lesser LSD's, i was hoping the torsion would be more aggressive than most lsd's.

the strut tower brace no one will feel on the street and few (myself included) would feel it on the track, the larger radiator you won't need on the street, the 5% increase in sway bars i'd feel, but that is minor and i like to adjust my sway bars so i'd either change the ends to make them adjustable or get adjustable sway bars anyway, the difference in springs you won't notice on the street other than the ride might not be as nice, the k-brace no one will notices on the street, the brembos won't change the stopping distance so you won't notice that on the street, being able to turn off the stability control is nice but most won't drive on the street with it off, and last we have the torsen LSD.

so other than lsd are you upset i didn't say the slight reduction of body roll too? what are you talking about? on the track other things will come into play more, but not so much on the street.

honestly the only reason i want the track pack (that'll see the track 4 times per year) is the 3.73 gears because my engine will stay mostly stock, the torsen LSD, the ability to turn all the nannies full off and the better underbody aerodynamics, the other things will be nice till i have the money to replace them but aren't that big of a deal to me.

there is a big difference in driving skill between someone who can drive through a city in a manual vs
being able to heel toe, drop it down 2 gears to exit the corner better; i'm sure you can drive all day long and never stall at all, thats not the manual transmission driving i'm talking about.

maybe you don't like manual as much as i do because you're not fully utilizing your transmission.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
so other than lsd are you upset i didn't say the slight reduction of body roll too? what are you talking about? on the track other things will come into play more, but not so much on the street.
It's not complicated -- anyone that has modded their own car can tell a difference on the street with beefier sway bars, stiffer/lower springs. Easily. The unique chasis tuning and unique stability control are also unknown goodies that may or may not be nice, especially interested in the chasis tuning.

The superior LSD is great too, and the brakes might be useful on heavy backroad driving.

maybe you don't like manual as much as i do because you're not fully utilizing your transmission.

LOL, like I said, you think you're a hero. You have the American "Manual Transmission Hero Complex."
Sponsored