SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
4 series start from £30k?
sorry mate you're right, i was just thinking the £30k ones aren't really a comparison to a sub 5s to 60 car. the one i was gonna buy was coming up to £48k with the decent engine and by the time i'd spec'd it up a bit, sound system M-sport etc.

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
True, the only thing that comes close in terms of sound and performance is the M4 which is around £55k.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
True, the only thing that comes close in terms of sound and performance is the M4 which is around £55k.
And I'd say there's a big question mark over the sound on the M4. Nothing on the Mustang V8 in my opinion (once the stock exhaust is in the bin). Performance though, M4 is a beast but spend 7K on a supercharger and you have a 650bhp mustang that'll beat anything for less than 45K.. Factor in another couple of grand for coilovers and other handling goodies and I reckon you'll keep up in the corners too.

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
yer but it has an Audi badge, and it's a Audi sports car, how much cooler can you get?!?!
I used to own a 1st gen TT (225bhp) before the Mustang. I can honestly say it was a) more practical, b) more fun more of the time and c) easier to drive than the Mustang.

Not saying it was a better car overall (it obviously wasn't) but you have to give it credit. Its like an AWD go-kart.

Agree that the review video was a disgrace though.

Sponsored

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe you're right but I'm just not a fan of the styling of the TT and never been interested in Audi. For sports cars/hatches only ever been interested in BMW, Porsche and Fords - not sure if that says something about my personality?! :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I used to own a 1st gen TT (225bhp) before the Mustang. I can honestly say it was a) more practical, b) more fun more of the time and c) easier to drive than the Mustang.

Not saying it was a better car overall (it obviously wasn't) but you have to give it credit. Its like an AWD go-kart.

Agree that the review video was a disgrace though.
Yeah but nobody shouts and screams and says 'Oh my god look a TT'

(and if he's reading - Unless its [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] when he finally moves his cars off the drive!)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yeah but nobody shouts and screams and says 'Oh my god look a TT'

(and if he's reading - Unless its [MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION] when he finally moves his cars off the drive!)

Oi! It's only one of mine that's the garage queen :p

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
TT owner - hairdresser that can't afford a Boxster... :D:D:D

Sponsored

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Am I the only one who thinks the German cars have no soul/charm? And also look boring? Not so in the Ford!:ford:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Am I the only one who thinks the German cars have no soul/charm? And also look boring? Not so in the Ford!:ford:
On a Mustang forum? No, I doubt you're the only one... ;)

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yes the Porsche Cayman GT4 has no soul or charm but the Ford B Max, wow what a car!

Dan_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550 & 1972 Mach 1
I love german cars, they underseal them and everything. :D

My e92 M3 has been the best car I have ever owned, I bought in the 2008/2009 economic crash with 3000 miles on the clock for the same cost as the mustang now. After supercharging it to 550bhp its pretty much the perfect car. big boot, loads of room in the back for adults, uber fast, reliable, safe, handles well... etc etc

After looking at the rubbish undersealing ford have done and the fact my front seat is wearing after <400 miles I hope I've made the right decision to sell the M3. (its for sale on pistonheads :( )

Also hopefully racing suspension will settle the stang down over undulating bumpy twisty roads as it's quite the event doing corners just now :D... almost like navigating a large boat... I do absolutely love it though... even if the M3 would eat it on pretty much every road... the fact is they are a two completely different classes of car, muscle car v.s sports car. and the mustang does make me smile... the way I explain it, is in the M3 you have to be driving it to know its special... however you don't need to drive the mustang to know it is special...

Audis... just sold a 2012 S-line A6 3.0Tdi quattro (0-60 in 6 secs and 45mpg!) with the sports diff and that thing handled badly, but the interior and exterior finish was great and it was a really good looking car... germans know how to make the finished article.

so there... :cheers:

check the size difference of the mustang and M3!!
20160629_104350 (Medium).jpg
20160629_104401 (Medium).jpg

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the comparison. I have an e90 M3 and when i test drove the Mustang GT it felt noticeably slower. I put that down to only having it in normal mode and it was wet, does it feel as quick as the M3 in sports + mode? How does the exhaust note compare with the E90 when giving it some beans?
Sponsored