LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
Today before I tried to remove the shifter knob and the boot, I was still able to hit all the gears but the lock-out wasn't needed to go into reverse. When I did pull up on the reverse collar the entire collar and the assembly under the boot (as I felt it with my hand) all parts were moving.
Another owner on a different shifter lockout problem thread who had the same exact problem stated he was able to force-ably move the shifter down with pressure and his lock-out was then engaging.
At this point I'm not sure what can move in the shifter assembly where the pivot ball is encased, but I tried this with a good smack on top of the shift knob and it forced the stick assembly down to a point where the lock-out is functioning. Still going to replace it but it's drive-able at this point
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
My reverse lockout failed yesterday. Made for an interesting day. A group of us were running the Pennsylvania tail of the dragon and it went about mid way through the run. Don't know why as didn't need it at the time obviously. Those 3rd to 2nd downshifts, fun, lol.

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
My reverse lockout failed yesterday. Made for an interesting day. A group of us were running the Pennsylvania tail of the dragon and it went about mid way through the run. Don't know why as didn't need it at the time obviously. Those 3rd to 2nd downshifts, fun, lol.
Sox3....Curious did you experience the same issue...with the lockout not working and you can put it reverse without the lockout...or it will not go in reverse at all ???

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
All gears work fine, just no lock out.
I would try a nice smack down on the shifter knob then see if your lockout engages again like mine did