Sponsored

Reuters: 2015 Mustang preview for journalists next week and revealed in December!

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
So has this been confirmed that it's happening or not?

About the reveal date being set... early, mid or late December, do you know?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Many have already touched down for the event - including global media from all launch locations. The forthcoming official reveal will be overtly global as well, if there was any doubt.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is getting really exciting now. However, as tempting as it may be, a message to those lucky journos.......PLEASE.....NO LEAKED PHOTOS!

I want to see S550 in all her glory the way FORD want us to see her. No crappy phone images that may not show her in her best light :thumbsup:

Anyway......I'm a forum moderator for the Mustang Owners Club UK. That's media, right? Where's my invite and plane ticket? :tsk:

;)

Sponsored

Melino

This is getting really exciting now. However, as tempting as it may be, a message to those lucky journos.......PLEASE.....NO LEAKED PHOTOS!

I want to see S550 in all her glory the way FORD want us to see her. No crappy phone images that may not show her in her best light :thumbsup:

Anyway......I'm a forum moderator for the Mustang Owners Club UK. That's media, right? Where's my invite and plane ticket? :tsk:

;)
I have mixed feelings about that myself. On the one hand we've waited so long already what's another 1.5 months til December. But then just knowing the media will have all this info next week makes me want to know as well.

I'd be totally cool if they could just let out a few confirmed details regarding power, weight, or other specs.... and we can wait until Dec to see the actual car.

aardvark

Can I go on record as saying that crappy phone photos are okay by me? :p

Bring it on!

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport

;)
I agree with TT. We have taken too many wrong turns down useless avenues requiring a benevolent Mr.P. to drag us back. Crappy cell phone pics could do it to us again. I would rather wait now to see what Ford wants to show us in their own way. Besides, Chaz has already shown us, and Mr. P has confirmed that we already know what the car looks like.

I would not however mind hearing what the press has to say about their impressions of the car. Hopefully it will contain phrases like "Makes the Camaro look like a cartoon".
Oh wait!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Screw photos, I want the darn car already! :D

Sponsored

The Sarge

Hopefully that paves the way for them making an announcement on 4/17 that sales banks are open. Afterall something has to be planned for that day at the NYIAS, it lands perfectly at that time and it's too good to pass up.
That would make sense to me. Opening order banks on April 17 would take us to about August if the typical time from order to production is kept. IIRC this lines up approx with the last rumors about production delay.

Does anyone have any whispers about where this reveal might take place? Broadcast on the interwebs maybe?

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Hopefully there's not too big of a delay in production. I'm sure Ford doesn't want the deliveries pushed too far back. Spring and summer is peak selling season for these cars in the Midwest and Northeast, and they'd be short changing themselves of several months of potentially robust sales next year.

Nukem High

Threads
Reaction score
I have 2 questions for the panel here....

A December reveal pretty much means one of 2 things to me.

1. The rumors about the 2014.5 anniversary model were untrue
2. Maybe the 2014.5 is what is actually going to be previewed next week and shown in December.

IF this is the 2015 we're talking about, the timing just doesn't make sense for there to be a 2014.5. Why preview and reveal a car that will come after this rumored half model year special anniversary edition that no one has seen or knows anything about?
Sponsored