Sponsored

Reuters: 2015 Mustang preview for journalists next week and revealed in December!

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
I have 2 questions for the panel here....

A December reveal pretty much means one of 2 things to me.

1. The rumors about the 2014.5 anniversary model were untrue
2. Maybe the 2014.5 is what is actually going to be previewed next week and shown in December.

IF this is the 2015 we're talking about, the timing just doesn't make sense for there to be a 2014.5. Why preview and reveal a car that will come after this rumored half model year special anniversary edition that no one has seen or knows anything about?
That's probably a good sign that there won't be one in that sense.
Sponsored

StangFX

Or maybe they could still offer a 50th package for the 2014 to try to bolster sales until next spring/summer. I do agree with you that if the 2015 is shown in Dec it seems to make that 14.5 rumor less likely to happen, at least for it to be built on the S550.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Does anyone really want to see S197 be the model that carries the 50th anniversary? I certainly don't.

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
S197 is THE throwback Mustang, so it's more fitting. The S550 will be a car for the next 50 years, whereas the S197 is really about the previous 50.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Reasons the car may not be seen this week.
1. Ford is mum on invites to Detroit.

2. Dealers did not even get a peek last week.
(maybe to keep them selling what they have on the lots)

3. Flat Rock Line Workers have not seen it yet (November Time Frame)

4. Mustang Countdown Videos are far from being done.

5. Auto Show Schedules:
The next Edge is a huge (Global) deal. Launching at the LA Autoshow.
F-150 is a Detroit maybe or a NY maybe. But it's not due to hit showrooms until 3Q 2014:shrug:... NAIAS is a big show so Mustang could see a concept like the Atlas?...as the BMW M3/M4 debut there. Or they may launch it totally online (facebook/instagram/twitter) for the kiddies.

6. Striptease not done yet.

Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Does anyone really want to see S197 be the model that carries the 50th anniversary? I certainly don't.
I certainly don't.
That would be kind of like using a Falcon with a bunch of decals for the 64 1/2 Mustang instead of the 65 Mustang.

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i

5. Auto Show Schedules:
F-150 is a Detroit maybe or a NY maybe. But it's not due to hit showrooms until 3Q 2014:shrug:... NAIAS is a big show so Mustang could see a concept like the Atlas?...as the BMW M3/M4 debut there. Or they may launch it totally online (facebook/instagram/twitter) for the kiddies.

Right, I'm sure they need to get all their marketing materials in order first. The official auto show reveal, teaser vids, sales pitches, and globalizing their advertising is going to hold this car's official unveiling until at least the NAIAS.

zerot

5. Auto Show Schedules:

Ford would never confirm these sneak peek invites even if true. That would be a surefire way to get people pushing even harder for a leak of some sort from the ones who were invited.

Yea dealers didn't get a peak last week but it makes sense if they wanted to limit the amount of people to see it. Plus, if rumors are true, giving the media previews has a real purpose as they will be the ones publishing the reviews once the embargo lifts in Dec. and they will be pushing the hype. Dealers don't have that kind of ability.

As far those countdown videos, they are really just a walk down memory lane. If we're going to see 50 of them it will last until NY Auto show. The videos have shown it's just to celebrate 50 years of mustang, nothing really to do with the S550. They could (and I think they will) show the car well before that and keep the 50 years thing going into April 2014. An announcement of order banks being open to coincide with the big celebration on the 17th makes sense to me.

stangray11

I definitely don't want to see it based on the S197. At this point offering it up seems like a cheap gimmick. If they had done it in the beginning of the 2014 that would've been fine and pretty consistent with past practice. I just think they'll sell more of those anniversary packages offering it on the new car instead of the outgoing, but who knows, maybe they do both?

With all these rumors, part of me thinks the December reveal will be something other than the actual 2015. Maybe a near final concept or the "2014.5" S550. Better yet, it could just be a teaser for a Detroit debut.

HTownStang

So.. it's next week already. Have any media been given a preview of it yet?

Sponsored

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
do you know that is the case or are you just assuming because that is what they said was going to happen? I think HTownStang was looking for a confirmation that the rumor had actually happened.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Mriley

Probably why Ford decided to change their minds. But that's just the dealers... according to folks here the media already got their preview.
Sponsored