Sponsored

Resonator placement?

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
I currently have borla atak with xpipe. I like the tone for the most part but would like to cut some of the rasp. I bought some dynomax small bullet resonator/mufflers to calm the rasp. My question is, does placement of the resonator matter? I've seen people say put it right after the xpipe like connect it with the xpipe and others say the closes to the mufflers. Which will only help the rasp and not quiet down the whole thing? Thanks
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I'd go right after the Xpipe instead of close to mufflers..

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Have you had any experience with different spots?
No..have only removed the stock resonator suitcase in place for an Xpipe but the fact that Ford kept it upstream from the mufflers says something to the science of it..

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No..have only removed the stock resonator suitcase in place for an Xpipe but the fact that Ford kept it upstream from the mufflers says something to the science of it..
Or just that it packages best there.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I did similar with Vibrants on my ARH LTH to Corsa Xtreme setup. Right after mufflers before x. Based on the pic below.
Vibrants.jpg

OP
OP

Miichaelo912

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6, 2017 mustang gt
I did similar with Vibrants on my ARH LTH to Corsa Xtreme setup. Right after mufflers before x. Based on the pic below.
Vibrants.jpg
I saw your comment on another post like mine. I couldnt tell if i want it like yours or like almost connecting to the xpipe i have on currently. I just want to know if theres any difference lol

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Has anyone ever deleted the cats by cutting them out and welding vibrants in there place?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
My resonators are right after the x-pipe. There's a little bit of a straight away.

I'd say get high flow cats instead of deleting the cats. The smell gets old after awhile. Just my .02 though.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I currently have borla atak with xpipe. I like the tone for the most part but would like to cut some of the rasp. I bought some dynomax small bullet resonator/mufflers to calm the rasp.
I have an X-pipe and those mufflers, dynomax race mini bullets, 6 inchers. They are welded directly after the X-pipe, before the axle. If you have the 6 inch dynomax bullets, they’ll fit perfectly right after the X-pipe with zero modification needed. If you have the 9 inch bullets, they should fit in that location without issue as well.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did the race mini's do much for sound control ?
Sound control as in quality of sound? Yes, cleared out all the unpleasant rasp and harshness, especially after 4,000rpms. Night and day difference in the upper rpms. Also, deepened the exhaust note and added some tone. No mufflers was just a little too raw sounding for my taste. Now, the exhaust note is full. Yet, it sounds just as loud and as aggressive as before. If you’re looking for sound control as in dropping the decimal level, dynomax has 12 and 18 inch bullet mufflers that are much more effective in that regards.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Vibrants.jpg
Are those 1794's? Twelve inches long correct?

Last edited:

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic