Sponsored

Resonator Delete?

Rbp_280z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang 5.0
I was thinking of doing a resonator delete on my 2016 GT350. I didn't see a thread on this specifically for the GT350 when I searched.

- Does it drone driving highway speeds with the active exhaust closed?
- Does it change the tone drastically or just make it louder?
- Is it better to add an H or X pipe?
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Sounds good with resonator delete in my opinion.
I went corsa double helix x pipe. My buddy went with pipes welded in place of resonator and kept factory X in place. No drone on either.
There was a ton of posts on the subject here in the past

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of doing a resonator delete on my 2016 GT350. I didn't see a thread on this specifically for the GT350 when I searched.

- Does it drone driving highway speeds with the active exhaust closed?
- Does it change the tone drastically or just make it louder?
- Is it better to add an H or X pipe?
You lost me at "active exhaust closed"

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
You lost me at "active exhaust closed"
Haha, so good, I'm with you! Tried my best to drive more with them closed last few weeks because I recall seeing Matt Farah talk about his love for the induction "snarl" from the front end that you don't hear with the valves open...but I just can't help myself, I'm more of an as* man I guess haha...

That said, Village Cops in my area are no joke...and as soon as I shut those values driving by one of them, they legit have no idea who was just unleashing the wrath of hell 30 seconds ago...nuts how much the volume changes. My M2 CS has valves as well and the volume change on open/closed is like a ~20% difference. This is like 300%, at least...nuts.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If you replace the resonators with welded in same diameter pipeā€¦ you will have the 350R exhaust and you will be stuck with this noise:

Best mod that I ever didā€¦ā€¦!!!!!!

Last edited:

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
No drone
Plenty of side by side videos on YouTube to get a feel but mostly volume and slight tone shift with some rasp added to the equation (but good rasp, IMO).
Not sure on H or X, but I say just go the res route - essentially staying OE spec given R setup, cheaper, and proven to be amazing :)

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I have done Shiftech H and X on my 350R, then Borla catback (awesome!) and now Hooker Blackheart 3" catback (perfection!). Just make sure you go 2.75" or even 3". The Shifteck 2.5" midpipes cause a sort of strange resonance that some people have described as a "plastic bag in the wind" noise and I tried knocking it down with resonators but was never 100% happy with the sound. I don't think people using the 2.75" LTH midpipe or the 3" ones from Lethal etc experience that noise.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have done Shiftech H and X on my 350R, then Borla catback (awesome!) and now Hooker Blackheart 3" catback (perfection!). Just make sure you go 2.75" or even 3". The Shifteck 2.5" midpipes cause a sort of strange resonance that some people have described as a "plastic bag in the wind" noise and I tried knocking it down with resonators but was never 100% happy with the sound. I don't think people using the 2.75" LTH midpipe or the 3" ones from Lethal etc experience that noise.
For what it's worth the plastic bag in the wind noise on my car was remedied buy putting sound deadening material on the exposed portion of the flywheel cover plate between the trans and the engine. Ford later redesigned this piece in 2019.
Sponsored