Resonator Delete on OEM Factory Exhaust

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I don't know if my car is unique but I have active exhaust, resonator deleted, and am using an x-pipe, all from day one. I now have about 33,500 miles. It seems the more miles I put on the car the louder it is becoming...much louder. Early on, Sport mode was perfect...then Normal mode was perfect...now I am considering replacing the mufflers.
Is the active exhaust system still working? Do the different modes still change the sound?
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
I've been reading all these replies and on other threads as well. I didn't want the raspy sound of the X pipe. I was leaning toward the H pipe with having a deeper tone and a slight HP performance increase, I was all for that until I started reading this thread. I would like to drop the extra weight of the resonator but I do not want an increase in loudness at all. I have the active exhaust and yes, I could drive in quiet mode if needed. But Normal mode and up is plenty loud already. I have the Ford Performance tune kit and that alone provides plenty of pops and burbles and a deeper exhaust tone. For this configuration, I think removing the resonator would be something I regret.
How do you like the Ford Performance kit? Does the butt dyno notice a difference that's worth the money?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sponsored

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hereā€™s a couple of video clips of my 21 with AE before/after the Steeda H-Pipe install. I will definitely say the the tone is deeper and cold starts/track mode is louder. More pops and crackles too. I run it 90% of the time in track mode and love it.

Before H-Pipe:

After H-Pipe:

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hereā€™s a couple of video clips of my 21 with AE before/after the Steeda H-Pipe install. I will definitely say the the tone is deeper and cold starts/track mode is louder. More pops and crackles too. I run it 90% of the time in track mode and love it.

Before H-Pipe:

After H-Pipe:
Sounds awesome man! Not too crazy but still aggressive. Canā€™t wait to hear it in person when I have mine done.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
My set up is OEM manifolds w/cats, Flowmaster Outlaw and X-Pipe. Itā€™s has a nice throaty sound to it.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My set up is OEM manifolds w/cats, Flowmaster Outlaw and X-Pipe. Itā€™s has a nice throaty sound to it.
The dog might hate you now, but it sounds mean like it should! If AE hadnā€™t come on my car, I was going with the Outlaws too. Theyā€™ve got that deep, muscle growl.

Sponsored

PONYFANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang gt
Been thinkin about using the lethal performance/corsa HH pipe on the stock exhaust has anybody done this and how do you like it ?
This is my current set uo
Been thinkin about using the lethal performance/corsa HH pipe on the stock exhaust has anybody done this and how do you like it ?
this is my current set up, longtubes, hh pipe and stock active mufflers. No droan minimal rasp, respectable dyno numbers with a tune. itā€™s honestly the only set up Iā€™ll use. Corsa are plenty loud but not for me.

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor
This is my current set uo

this is my current set up, longtubes, hh pipe and stock active mufflers. No droan minimal rasp, respectable dyno numbers with a tune. itā€™s honestly the only set up Iā€™ll use. Corsa are plenty loud but not for me.
Just thinkin about doing an H pipe, no desire to drop crazy money into headers and what not for a car that I more than likely wonā€™t keep, Iā€™m already annoyed because itā€™s been sitting in my garage waiting for my ppf/ceramic guy to get me in for a month and a half now so I think when itā€™s sitting (in my way) all winter come next spring she may be going

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Just thinkin about doing an H pipe, no desire to drop crazy money into headers and what not for a car that I more than likely wonā€™t keep, Iā€™m already annoyed because itā€™s been sitting in my garage waiting for my ppf/ceramic guy to get me in for a month and a half now so I think when itā€™s sitting (in my way) all winter come next spring she may be going
If you are looking for something a little louder than the OEM active exhaust, get an H or X pipe and delete the resonator. I went with the FORD Performance X pipe for my 2023 GT.
On my previous 2020, I had the BORLA ATAK cat-back and it was too loud and raspy when I floored it. There are a ton of YouTube videos with sound clips with an H or X pipe with the active exhaust.

PONYFANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang gt
If you are looking for something a little louder than the OEM active exhaust, get an H or X pipe and delete the resonator. I went with the FORD Performance X pipe for my 2023 GT.
On my previous 2020, I had the BORLA ATAK cat-back and it was too loud and raspy when I floored it. There are a ton of YouTube videos with sound clips with an H or X pipe with the active exhaust.

PONYFANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang gt
I agree. My co worker has a bullet with only an hh pipe. It sounds great by itself with factory active mufflers. Not crazy loud but you know heā€™s present
Sponsored