Replacing Shaker 9spkr front speakers

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Hello and this is my first post. I purchased a comp 3 way speaker set as well as a micro digital amp to replace the door and tweeter speakers. I remember my S197 Shaker system was so much louder than the S550 I've currently got.

Here's what I have already.

Stock Shaker 9 speaker system that comes with the GT premium.

Diamond Audio S365c 3 way speakers
Rockford Fosgate T400x2ad amp
Rockford Fosgate 8ga. Amp kit w/fuse
Rockford Fosgate Line level converter
Custom speaker mount rings for 6.5s
all the speaker wire and fittings needed.

I plan on mounting up the speakers and crossovers in the doors, running all the wire through the factory rubber conduit on both doors, and feed the tweeter wires down near the shifter section of the center console. and mounting the amp somewhere inside the front section of the console under the main infotainment system. Ill make my ground connection probably on the passenger side underneath the front console. running the 8ga wire through the passenger side of the firewall as well.

My main concern is what am I going to tap the line converter into, and what am I going to tap my remote turn-on lead to for this install? anyone replaced just the front 6 speakers and done the install this way already? how do you do it?

Thanks in advance, I plan on tackling this tomorrow. (day off work.)
Sponsored

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
I would avoid mounting the crossovers inside the doors. There is moisture in there that will probably mess them up over time.

in mine the power wires go down the passenger side and the signal wires down the drivers side to the trunk. Then a mess of speaker wires heading back up front from the amps. The signal for the amps is tapped just before the stock amp. Check out the forescan thread to figure out the factory eq settings and get a flat signal.

I would also recommend doing some additional deadening in the doors while you have them apart.

OP
OP
27RED

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the replay Username, lol
I think your right about the crossovers being in the dors. they're large cross overs so I'll hide them under the dash somewhere. Moisture isnt a thing as I live in Az. I wont be running the wires to the trunk and back as thats not where my amp will be and I am not doing a sub at this time. my real question is the signal tapped from the stock amp! what wires were tapped! I already have about 20 sheets of deadmat sound deadener all over the ccar as well so im good there. where is the forescan thread? as mentioned this is my first post. I real appreciate the feedback and help!

Jack

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/give-me-amp-dsp-forscan-etc-for-dummies-advice.124358/

Post 15 has a diagram of the harness if you're adventurous otherwise @HextallS550 makes a harness that works great and supplies RCA connections for easy install. I can’t find the forescan thread at the moment, but I’ve seen the info pop up in multiple times here. I used a processor before my dsp to flatten the signal so am not too sure how it works but forescan changes should be simple according to many members here.

OP
OP
27RED

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I just need to know what wires to tap for the hi/low level converter for the aftermarket amp I'm going to run.
Sponsored