Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Agreed.

I've said it before (many times :D ) and I'll say it again (probably many more times :D ) give the Mach 1 a 5.2 CPC V8 with an easy 525hp.......bolt on a supercharger for 755hp in the GT500/Halo-Stang

:ford:
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Agreed.

I've said it before (many times :D ) and I'll say it again (probably many more times :D ) give the Mach 1 a 5.2 CPC V8 with an easy 525hp.......bolt on a supercharger for 755hp in the GT500/Halo-Stang

:ford:
You are more likely to get a 2018-'19 GT Bullett Appearance Package, a Boss or R Handling Package for the GT and a Mach 1 Drag Pack option on the GT which breaks down into at least TWO levels.

The Cobra Jet 2.3 TVS Ford Performance Package w/ 650hp AND, a Super Cobra Jet 2.7 TVS Ford Performance Package w/ 700+

ALL GT Packages will range from $37,000 (PP1) all the way to $55,000 (Mach 1 Super Cobra Jet)

Everything that is not a GT350 (FPC) or GT500 (TT), will be available as a GT Package. A Boss will be between a GTPP2 and GT350 and so on.

These throwbacks will all be available as a GT Package but only the 350 and 500 offer the flagship engines/drivetrains.

I like this idea.

syn34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Hope that one the OP shows gets built!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
This would be a good one to replicate the 70's Machs that I loved. Except the ricer rear wing on this would have to go. The naca ducts are great and are seems on the mustang in the last Transformers movie, with a S550 police car that will, as I've been told, be the basis of the next Mach1... in the newer 2018 body. The transformer police mustang S550 was an exact 1701-1973 MACH 1 for the future. That's the car I want. But with a 755 hp GT500 coming, and at 3700 lbs, totally street-loaded, it'll destroy the semi 1/4 mi track only, Dodge Demon. Dodge screwed that up, because it's not on a new Dart.
Any pics of this transformers mustang you're talking about?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I wanna do.. as Ford should have offered a MACH 1 with the 15-17 body styles. Just needs a 71 style NACA hood ducts Quarter glass scoops, and rear window louvers.. is somebody wants to shop those in :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think the Bullitt can satisfy the retro crowd.

Love to see a modern/current 2018 take on the Mach 1 with some fresh and inventive styling and much higher performance than the GT - more like current day GT 350 level as it would be in 2019 but if they wanted to step even beyond that with FI for the Mach, that would be most welcome.

The 2018 car overall is a step in the right direction with its modern look. Taking that modernity further with a reimagining of the Mach 1 would be awesome

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Here's a nice (in my opinion) Mach 1 tribute.......it's a UK car...gives some clues as to what Ford could do. Notice it has the Steeda Q750 front end. It's a set of spacers away from being pretty much perfect in my book! :headbang:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Here's a nice (in my opinion) Mach 1 tribute.......it's a UK car...gives some clues as to what Ford could do. Notice it has the Steeda Q750 front end. It's a set of spacers away from being pretty much perfect in my book! :headbang:

Strange the images didn't post but the source URLs show up in the HTML.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
It's a very nice stang and who doesn't love grabber blue. However imo, a mach 1 needs a shaker hood. Put that on this thing and then I agree you are onto something.

Sponsored

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1

Needs a lip on the rear wheels. Back in the 80's and 90's these flush wheel designs with no lip were reserved for FWD commuter cars. Why the current trend is to make wheels for RWD cars with no lip is beyond me. Looks blah. The lip provides depth to the wheel design and makes the car look tougher.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The 80's and 90's are decades that need to be forgotten when it comes to automotive design, most cars created in that span were ugly. Not all but most.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
The 80's and 90's are decades that need to be forgotten when it comes to automotive design, most cars created in that span were ugly. Not all but most.
I agree but the same can be said for the current vehicle lineups. Manufacturers using the same front end design spanning across an entire companies lineup comes to mind. All these cars like current Lexus/Toyota lineup with blacked out or wide mouth center grill sections, plus Juke, Cube,etc . There is a lot of ugly to go around in this decade too. The rear of the S550 mustangs being as wide as they are just begs to have a set of wide ass rear wheels with a nice dish to set off that fat ass!

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Needs a lip on the rear wheels. Back in the 80's and 90's these flush wheel designs with no lip were reserved for FWD commuter cars. Why the current trend is to make wheels for RWD cars with no lip is beyond me. Looks blah. The lip provides depth to the wheel design and makes the car look tougher.
It's a subjective matter.

The fender lip is a staple of old outdated cars.

Unfortunately it seemed for a long time that lesser model were given modern styling while the muscle cars were relegated to the past even in new iterations.

IMHO it's very much a welcome sign that the old stuff is less of an issue nowadays. Though I do think there should always be some kind of "retro" package available to satisfy those with that desire.

But the mustang is in spirit a contemporary car. It has been since the beginning. It was fresh, modern, future forward and highly customizable. It remained such until 1993, lost it a bit in the jellybean days starting in 94, regained its "edge" until 2004, and then cashed in on the retro craze at the perfect time.

But the Market won't be there for that again for some time.

The most success the Mustang can have moving forward (s650) is to reinvent. Build the mustang as if there wasn't one before. Take all the modern tech and expectations and built the spirit of mustang into the new form. Would be best for performance as well as sales.

Of course, the small car, long hood/short deck, and v8 power should always be part of the equation.

Not sure the Mach 1 should be the retro car. The Bullit seems to be a better nameplate for that.

The name Mach 1 sounds high tech/low drag.

Love to see that car get serious attention.

Personally it's the closet sounding name of all the mustang badges.

I have a Cobra, but a new Cobra with a Mach 1 name would be very interesting. It would certainly be the most literal use of the name.

A new twin turbo Mach 1 with at least 5.2 liters, aggressive exhaust, both auto and manual options, with s trick, new modern functional induction enhancement that is visible from the exterior (in a "wow") kind of way would be awesome.

I ow. That was a lot of words and thoughts... whelp, have a great day!

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
It's a subjective matter.

The fender lip is a staple of old outdated cars.

Unfortunately it seemed for a long time that lesser model were given modern styling while the muscle cars were relegated to the past even in new iterations.

IMHO it's very much a welcome sign that the old stuff is less of an issue nowadays. Though I do think there should always be some kind of "retro" package available to satisfy those with that desire.

But the mustang is in spirit a contemporary car. It has been since the beginning. It was fresh, modern, future forward and highly customizable. It remained such until 1993, lost it a bit in the jellybean days starting in 94, regained its "edge" until 2004, and then cashed in on the retro craze at the perfect time.

But the Market won't be there for that again for some time.

The most success the Mustang can have moving forward (s650) is to reinvent. Build the mustang as if there wasn't one before. Take all the modern tech and expectations and built the spirit of mustang into the new form. Would be best for performance as well as sales.

Of course, the small car, long hood/short deck, and v8 power should always be part of the equation.

Not sure the Mach 1 should be the retro car. The Bullit seems to be a better nameplate for that.

The name Mach 1 sounds high tech/low drag.

Love to see that car get serious attention.

Personally it's the closet sounding name of all the mustang badges.

I have a Cobra, but a new Cobra with a Mach 1 name would be very interesting. It would certainly be the most literal use of the name.

A new twin turbo Mach 1 with at least 5.2 liters, aggressive exhaust, both auto and manual options, with s trick, new modern functional induction enhancement that is visible from the exterior (in a "wow") kind of way would be awesome.

I ow. That was a lot of words and thoughts... whelp, have a great day!
Fender lip?? Perhaps you meant wheel lip/dish as that's why I'm talking about.

Anyway as for wheels with lip/no lip, we'll just have to agree to disagree. To me it just screams FWD wheel design. Some manufacturers put a rather substantial concave shape to the spokes and that looks pretty bad ass though!

Having said that, the Bullitt will not fill the need for a retro stang, not for me atleast. The Mach 1 IS the retro mustang. The 2003-2004's certainly prove that. The engine should also be unique in the Mach 1.

The S550 mustang looks a lot like the 1971 mustangs design with it's pointy nose, the 2018's more so. That pointy nose is just begging for NACA ducts and a slight bulge in the hood ala 71 Mach 1's. I don't think the current body style lends itself to having a Shaker hood scoop.

New Cobra with a Mach 1 name? :tsk: Two completely different cars with different purposes.
Sponsored

Last edited: