Recommendations to prevent wheel hop

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
Yo wassup fellas... I'm in need of some advice on what is the best route, as far as product and from whom, to go to prevent wheel hop and support 900hp. I am currently running on the stock suspension, brakes/rotors, tires, etc. That comes on the 17 GT Premium.

What suspension, bolt/support and braking upgrades do you guys recommend and from what manufacturer? Any recommendations will be helpful and give me an idea of how much I should start saving up for...
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Are you currently running at 900? What are you running?

For suspension go with a Lethal BMR bread and butter and get all the add ons. About $2500 US. https://www.lethalperformance.com/bmr-suspension-2015-mustang-bread-and-butter-package.html

Fore return fuel system, another $2500 or so

Wheels and tires of your choice depending on application $2500.

Big brake upgrade (Bremebo, Wilwood, etc) $3000+

A good $10K American should get you started. Figure another $2500 for incidentals.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Yo wassup fellas... I'm in need of some advice on what is the best route, as far as product and from whom, to go to prevent wheel hop and support 900hp. I am currently running on the stock suspension, brakes/rotors, tires, etc. That comes on the 17 GT Premium.

What suspension, bolt/support and braking upgrades do you guys recommend and from what manufacturer? Any recommendations will be helpful and give me an idea of how much I should start saving up for...
Steeda has a stop the hop kit for 900.00

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Just my experience. I contacted both Steeda and BMR for advice of what would suit my needs.
BMR got back to me and answered my questions.
Steeda never got back to me even after 3 attempts.
Dunno if they got my emails and private messages, but I stopped trying.
So it Seems BMR are more service orientated which is a necessity if You have issues etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you're supposed to pick up the bloomin' phone and *talk* to the sales team.

Sponsored

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
I called both, Steeda gave an answer a few days ago of basically "Im so busy, send me an email about what you want, want to do with car, BMR comparison parts and ill get you a quote." i asked BMR a question about the front sway bar and havent heard back either. results vary

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I love my Steeda Stop the Hop kit. I have all of the supporting components (subframe support bushings, differential bushings with through bolt kit, subframe alignment bushings, RLCA spherical bearings, billet aluminum vertical links with delrin bushings, subframe braces and differential support bracket). Wheel hop is no longer a problem for me.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just my experience. I contacted both Steeda and BMR for advice of what would suit my needs.
BMR got back to me and answered my questions.
So it Seems BMR are more service orientated which is a necessity if You have issues etc.
Whom were you trying to contact or send your info to? SteedaTech & I are on the boards regularly & are very prompt in returning private messages & answering feedback from members. I would love to look into this for you.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I called both, Steeda gave an answer a few days ago of basically "Im so busy, send me an email about what you want, want to do with car, BMR comparison parts and ill get you a quote." i asked BMR a question about the front sway bar and havent heard back either. results vary
I can assure you, our sales team is there to help answer questions - please let me know who you spoke with so I can understand what may have taken place.

Yes, we are very busy but that is no excuse - if you ever need something in real-time, you can always shoot me an email at [email protected] & I will do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

We work with cars in that HP range, unfortunately, that will take a consultation to understand your budget & long term goals. Let me know if I can connect you to one of our build experts.

In the meantime, you can checkout some of our most recent builds here - http://www.steedavehicles.com/

TJ

Sponsored

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I have a 900hp S550 Mustang with an MT82 Transmission and beat it like you would not even understand.

I use a very simple setup and it works GREAT.

-Viking Front Coilovers (KellTrac Spec)
-Viking Rear Shocks (KellTrac Spec)
-BMR Rear SP085 Springs
-BMR BK081 RLCA Bearing Kit
-BMR TR005 Adjustable Toe Links
-Ford Performance M-5A460-M Toe Bearing

A very good alignment.......No bracing of the braces doodads, no upgraded vertical link doodads, no diff bushing plus bolts plus braces on top of braces - I dont even have cradle lockouts yet.

I do have a little more movement than I want so I will be doing a cradle lockout soon. I also see some diff bushing cracks starting to show up on the rear driver side so I may upgrade them.

Hope that helps!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

@aedfam We could get you hooked up with a Steeda or BMR setup, we have a few custom packages that we can for sure help stop wheel hop. Hit me up with your goals and we can get you dialed in.

www.beefcakeracing.com

OP
OP
aedfam

aedfam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aed
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 2017 GT
Are you currently running at 900? What are you running?

For suspension go with a Lethal BMR bread and butter and get all the add ons. About $2500 US. https://www.lethalperformance.com/bmr-suspension-2015-mustang-bread-and-butter-package.html

Fore return fuel system, another $2500 or so

Wheels and tires of your choice depending on application $2500.

Big brake upgrade (Bremebo, Wilwood, etc) $3000+

A good $10K American should get you started. Figure another $2500 for incidentals.
No, I'm not at 900 rwhp yet. Waiting on a fuel system. Planning on purchasing a few other mods soon. Just trying to plan ahead. Don't want to gain all that power and not be able to put it to the ground as I should.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have a 900hp S550 Mustang with an MT82 Transmission and beat it like you would not even understand.

I use a very simple setup and it works GREAT.

-Viking Front Coilovers (KellTrac Spec)
-Viking Rear Shocks (KellTrac Spec)
-BMR Rear SP085 Springs
-BMR BK081 RLCA Bearing Kit
-BMR TR005 Adjustable Toe Links
-Ford Performance M-5A460-M Toe Bearing

A very good alignment.......No bracing of the braces doodads, no upgraded vertical link doodads, no diff bushing plus bolts plus braces on top of braces - I dont even have cradle lockouts yet.

I do have a little more movement than I want so I will be doing a cradle lockout soon. I also see some diff bushing cracks starting to show up on the rear driver side so I may upgrade them.

Hope that helps!
Are you still running stock half shafts and stock clutch? If so, have you made any 1/4 mile hits on your setup and what launch rpm are you using?

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
I can assure you, our sales team is there to help answer questions - please let me know who you spoke with so I can understand what may have taken place.

Yes, we are very busy but that is no excuse - if you ever need something in real-time, you can always shoot me an email at [email protected] & I will do my best to get you an answer in a timely manner.

Best Regards,

TJ
I'll send a PM, thanks
Sponsored