Sponsored

Receiving payment when selling a car

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
look for the 2019 and up 350s. Speaking from experience the NVH will begin to unscrew the oil filter off of the motor.
Late 2017 and all model year 2018's received the cartridge style filter same as the 19-20's.
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I'm going to be selling my 1970 Boss 302 so I can buy a 2016-2020 GT350. The guy will be paying with either a cashiers check or a bank money order on Sunday. It will be four hours from where he lives and where his bank is. Do you guys do anything to check to make sure the payment is good on a car sale? I've never received this kind of money, and it scares me. The guy seems legit, and I've checked him and his business out as much as I can. I haven't heard anything that raises any red flags, and a number of people have dealt with him. Maybe I'm just paranoid...
Have him get a bank check from your bank, pay the fee (10-15 bucks) for him to get one through your bank, this way you know the funds are there.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Have him send you a wire a couple days before meeting and it will hit before you meet him. Other option is go to your or his bank and let him do the wire. Give him the keys, and keep title until it clears.

OP
OP
GT350Keith

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
I'm going to talk to the credit union today and find out how this all happens so we can go this route. They buyer agreed to do it this way, but isn't familiar with doing it this way. I want him to do it today so it has some time to clear.
Some of the things I know I want is a car that I can track a couple of times a year. A 2016 with the Track Pack, or any of the newer one. Would kind of like the Technology Package so I get the larger screen, my eyes aren't that young. Got to have the Recaro's also. Would like to find a car with some of the extended warranty left, just in case...

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'm going to talk to the credit union today and find out how this all happens so we can go this route. They buyer agreed to do it this way, but isn't familiar with doing it this way. I want him to do it today so it has some time to clear.
Some of the things I know I want is a car that I can track a couple of times a year. A 2016 with the Track Pack, or any of the newer one. Would kind of like the Technology Package so I get the larger screen, my eyes aren't that young. Got to have the Recaro's also. Would like to find a car with some of the extended warranty left, just in case...
That's smart. It's really easy to wire funds, and nearly instant. If it's your first time, it's good to get the bank involved anyways, puts everyone at ease.

There are plenty of aftermarket warranty companies out there. One of the site sponsors will get you a factory extended warranty if you want it too.

If you go aftermarket, read the fine print. I found several that warrantied the motor, but the fine print said "unless failure is due to a failure to properly lubricate". In some sense, that is nearly every failure haha

Good luck, post the car once you get it!

OP
OP
GT350Keith

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
I would go with only a factory extended warranty. Are there any good dealers people in Wisconsin have worked with? My local dealer has only had one and they never have touched another. Are dealers pretty receptive to going over a GT350 before purchasing from a private party?

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If you post his name/and or business name I may be able to help you out. There are a few Boss guys in Wisconsin, with Bob Perkins being the most known. If you are dealing with him I would sure think you have nothing to worry about.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
It either needs to be cash or a wire transfer if he wants it same day. If he wants to use a check of any kind - he has to wait until it clears (which can take a while).

Edit - he can do a wire transfer with a phone in the parking lot, so if he pushes back on that it's probably a scam.

OP follow this. This is gold advice. đź’Ż

If they want to pay via cashiers check, they gotta wait. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT risk it if funds don't clear for some reason. Keep those car keys in your pocket.

Sponsored

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
When I sold my precious ride, the company did all the leg work and I signed bill of sale which 100% voided any claim for warranty. Picture of my license front and back and same with title and the money was in my account the next morning. They arranged for transport and I drove the car into the massive trailer, climbed out the window, and said see ya. The cash bought my GT. Well, a huge portion of it. Good luck.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Bitcoin is PERFECT for this… couple sats for a verification then send the Bitcoin

Settles in 3 blocks. Zero scam BS or fxckery.

OP
OP
GT350Keith

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Nope, not Bob Perkins, he's on a whole different level with the cars he deal with. He has a lot of super low mileage Boss 302 and Boss 429's. His shop is just amazing. The guy lives and has his shop in Decorah, Iowa called Jans Restorations. His name is Jan Dansdill. I've talked to a number of people, some that have dealt with him and they all say he's legit. I've talked with him quite a bit and now that we're going to do a bank transfer I am confident my Boss is going to a good home and everything is above board. He suggested we have our bankers talk to each other, which sounds good to me.
The next hurdle is avoiding paying capital gains, which I doubt I'll be able to do. I've had the car for 40 years. Cars were cheap back then. Wish there was a way to handle things like selling a house an buying another to avoid capital gains.

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
I'm going to be selling my 1970 Boss 302 so I can buy a 2016-2020 GT350. The guy will be paying with either a cashiers check or a bank money order on Sunday. It will be four hours from where he lives and where his bank is. Do you guys do anything to check to make sure the payment is good on a car sale? I've never received this kind of money, and it scares me. The guy seems legit, and I've checked him and his business out as much as I can. I haven't heard anything that raises any red flags, and a number of people have dealt with him. Maybe I'm just paranoid...
First of all congratulations owning a bad ass classic. Never let the car go without cash in hand or cash in bank account. I have seen good real cashier checks bounced or took forever to clear funds. Avoid this headache

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
What’s wrong with a cashiers check from a bank?
IMG_1978.jpeg
There are counterfeit cashier checks and the bank will not honor them. While back I sold 4 sets of wheels and tires. When I got the cashier check the amount was more than we had agreed upon. Texted the buyer and he said just deposit it and send him the difference. Didn't seem right, so I called the bank that the cashier check was supposed to be from and they told me that it was counterfeit. Texted the buyer back and told him to go to hell.
Sponsored