Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
WD: From a shop manual that Santa brought me last year. :cool:

KB

Install the seat track motor and install the new bolts in the sequence shown.
1. Install the rear inboard bolt.
Torque: 21 lb.ft (28 Nm)
2. Install the front inboard bolt.
3. Install the rear outboard bolt.
4. Install the front outboard bolt.

NOTICE: Do not cross-thread the bolts as they are load bearing. If the bolts are cross-threaded,
a new seat track must be installed.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
WD: From a shop manual that Santa brought me last year. :cool:

KB

Install the seat track motor and install the new bolts in the sequence shown.
1. Install the rear inboard bolt.
2. Install the front inboard bolt.
3. Install the rear outboard bolt.
4. Install the front outboard bolt.

NOTICE: Do not cross-thread the bolts as they are load bearing. If the bolts are cross-threaded,
a new seat track must be installed.
Great info - thank you :sunglasses:

WD :like:

2ndfloorguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 1967 GT500 ELEANOR 2008 SRT8 CHALLENGER
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I’ll try that
Unfortunately I tried the foam and it didn't seem to help. Turns out the harness underneath the seat cushion is rubbing against the plastic retainer. If you have this ticking noise only when you are sitting in your seat its the electrical tape that's wrapped around the harness that's rubbing on the plastic retainer clip. If you wrap it in foam the noise will be gone.... THANKFULLY.

Anyone have a solution for the rattle that comes from the sliding bin / pocket to the left of the steering wheel?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to removing my drivers seat to remove the base cover (warranty claim) so the seat was fully removed and installed.

This is the info that my dealer printed off the system for me :

1625738607260.png

I did the above for the four mounting bolts (no Loctite on them as they didn't have it from the factory).

Interestingly those torques are considerably higher than the other info posted above BUT ... Ford also changed the mounting bolts at some point during 2020, see here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/front-seat-torx-bolt-size.135488/

So maybe an increased torque value was required to stop the squeak and the increased value then required a more robust tool head to put up with production line demands / longevity expectations ?

Anyhow, it's early days but the squeak that I did have is now gone :like:

I should note that I also removed and re torqued the four M10 Torx T50 bolts that secure the seat back to the base. They had blue thread lock from the factory (which I renewed) and I used the same 47Nm as the M10 seat mounting bolts.

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I have the Recaros and do not have the ticking however, I have a small vibration noise on the passenger side door which I only hear when the exhaust is in track mode.

I will pay attention next time I drive my car to listen for any of these noises. Of course, I need to figure out what the small vibration is on the passenger door.

Sponsored

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have the Recaros and do not have the ticking however, I have a small vibration noise on the passenger side door which I only hear when the exhaust is in track mode.

I will pay attention next time I drive my car to listen for any of these noises. Of course, I need to figure out what the small vibration is on the passenger door.
I have one too but it’s only when I don’t have a passenger. Turns out it’s the passenger seat belt bouncing between the seat and the door panel. For some reason the drivers side belt buckle sits higher than the passenger(when not buckled.)

see pictures for difference, left is passenger, right is driver. It rattles more if the passengers has the assistance strip holding the belt.
F97EEA65-EA2E-4C90-9691-FEB053AA33E4.jpeg

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I have one too but it’s only when I don’t have a passenger. Turns out it’s the passenger seat belt bouncing between the seat and the door panel. For some reason the drivers side belt buckle sits higher than the passenger(when not buckled.)

see pictures for difference, left is passenger, right is driver. It rattles more if the passengers has the assistance strip holding the belt.
F97EEA65-EA2E-4C90-9691-FEB053AA33E4.jpeg
Thank you, I hear the vibration with a passenger as well, it sounds like something small is loose. I am hoping I can track it down, it is not too loud, so I am not too concerned.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I have this same ticking or clicking noise from the passenger recaro seat in my Mach 1. I’ve narrowed it down I THINK to the seat base. When there is a passenger it’s silent. Without a passenger, unless I’m sitting still at a light it’s making noise. It started at about 500 miles. I can’t push down on the seat hard enough while driving to get it to stop but I’m pretty sure it is coming from the bottom of the seat. I know it’s definitely not the seat belt as I was able to rule that out.
Sponsored