Front Seat Torx Bolt Size

Skyrm_da

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Can someone give me the correct Torx size needed to remove front seat bolts. TIA
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi, Does anyone have an update on this ?

I've gone to strip my 2020 drivers seat out and ford have changed, itā€™s not T50 anymore ā€¦ Itā€™s bigger with a more square profile :

1624700222959.jpeg

Any idea what this drive type is called and what size it is ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

edit : looks like it might be ā€˜torx plusā€™ in size TP55

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hi, Does anyone have an update on this ?

I've gone to strip my 2020 drivers seat out and ford have changed, itā€™s not T50 anymore ā€¦ Itā€™s bigger with a more square profile :

1624700222959.jpeg

Any idea what this drive type is called and what size it is ?

Cheers,

edit : looks like it might be ā€˜torx plusā€™ in size TP55
It seems Ford changed the front seat bolts at some point, because everyone on here who has a 2015, all thread responses point to the standard Torx T50ā€¦. So not sure if that remained a T50 up to 2017 or whatā€¦.

What is seen in your image is definitely a Torx Plus star pattern. Donā€™t try using a standard Torx, as itā€™s too sharp of a star and wonā€™t seat correctly into the TP starā€¦ youā€™ll either round the TP head (which will suck) or twist/snap your standard Torx bit.

Hereā€™s a bunch of TP bits available on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=TP+55+Torx+bit&i=automotive&rh=n:15684181&ref=nb_sb_noss

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you :like:

I had convinced myself it was a TP55 size as it measures 11.3mm across the recess and have already ordered a set from Amazon U.K. which should arrive today.

The only trouble is, if they donā€™t come before midday I wonā€™t have time to do the job I wanted (new seat cover for the base).

I will confirm the updated size when I know for sure :like

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Confirmed, ā€˜Torx Plusā€™ size 55 :

48-C82185-9-C87-4782-B18-A-E1-F085322-A0-F.jpg

Also appears to go by the names of ā€˜55IPā€™ and ā€˜TPS55ā€™ :like:

Hopefully this info may help someone else in the future and it might save them what should have been a well planned weekend ā€¦ :facepalm: :giggle:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Confirmed, ā€˜Torx Plusā€™ size 55 :

48-C82185-9-C87-4782-B18-A-E1-F085322-A0-F.jpg

Also appears to go by the names of ā€˜55IPā€™ and ā€˜TPS55ā€™ :like:

Hopefully this info may help someone else in the future and it might save them what should have been a well planned weekend ā€¦ :facepalm: :giggle:

great info - thanks for updating!!

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Would anybody happen to know the front seat mount torque spec? My service manual is on my laptop and it died on me. Thank you!

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Would anybody happen to know the front seat mount torque spec? My service manual is on my laptop and it died on me. Thank you!
I did mine at 32lb-ft. They held perfect in my extreme collision into trees. Saved my life.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you search my name and suitable words, Iā€™ve previously posted an image from the Ford system that shows the torque. Pretty sure I still have the image on my laptop, but Iā€™m out and only on my phone at the moment :like:

Budster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang ecoboost, automatic.
It seems Ford changed the front seat bolts at some point, because everyone on here who has a 2015, all thread responses point to the standard Torx T50ā€¦. So not sure if that remained a T50 up to 2017 or whatā€¦.

What is seen in your image is definitely a Torx Plus star pattern. Donā€™t try using a standard Torx, as itā€™s too sharp of a star and wonā€™t seat correctly into the TP starā€¦ youā€™ll either round the TP head (which will suck) or twist/snap your standard Torx bit.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=TP+55+Torx+bit&i=automotive&rh=n:15684181&ref=nb_sb_noss

*I removed my front passenger front seat a while ago and just checked the Torx bit size. It is a T55 and worked perfectly.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I did mine at 32lb-ft. They held perfect in my extreme collision into trees. Saved my life.
Sorry that happened but glad you are with us today. Your spec was right where the manual said. Thank you
If you search my name and suitable words, Iā€™ve previously posted an image from the Ford system that shows the torque. Pretty sure I still have the image on my laptop, but Iā€™m out and only on my phone at the moment :like:

Found it! Thank you!

*I removed my front passenger front seat a while ago and just checked the Torx bit size. It is a T55 and worked perfectly.
Torque spec not Torx size