Sponsored

Recaro owners

DRKHR5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6-spd OW PP
No one has mentioned the Air Bags integrated into the Recaros. If you're ever gonna get em or drive to a degree that you'd enjoy them over the stocks… this is the best way to get them. When they are a great deal and are intended for the car. In the first days of Race seats being paired with production cars… the seats were not good or worth it; these are Racy and well worth your money.

I just sat in some GT premium trim stock style seats vs Recaros just today… and they are no where near as "supportive" as the Recaros… they are literally worlds apart. I had an early style S197 and they were slightly better than those… the recaros are 10 times more snug and purpose built.
Sponsored

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
They change the whole "attitude" of the car. Worth it in my eyes.

Kolkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT + PP black/black/Redline
hmmm, can't locate a car in my area that is actually at the dealer and has them. Hmmm hmmm hmmm

Tokyosmash!

Moving and shaking.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2013 Focus ST
I didn't want leather or regular seats, had to ordered my car because of this.

Either way, I like the Recaros, why would you need power seats? How often do you move them?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I didn't want leather or regular seats, had to ordered my car because of this.

Either way, I like the Recaros, why would you need power seats? How often do you move them?
Power, not so much. But heating/cooling? I've never had a car with cooled seats before, but seat heaters are on basically every single day between October and April. I'm sure the coolers will be on every single day between May and September.

Sponsored

Ezuke22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Switch out Recaros?

I just picked up a 2015 Mustang GT. My car has the Recaros. The car is my daily driver and I believe the standard seats would have been the better option. Does anyone know if the Recaros can be switched out for the standard seats at the dealer? I am sure it won't be cheap.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
You might check for someone who has standard and wants regular. Although getting harness and other parts for heating and cooling might get expensive

Sent from my iPhone6 using Tapatalk

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So how wide are the Recaro-seats? By coincidence I sat in a lancer evo the other day which was equipped with Recaro's that were pinching extremely uncomfortable for the thighs and gave me second thoughts on the specification I put out for the mustang... I mean I am a bigger guy, used to full race-buckets but that was insane. Any comments on the width of the seats?
Been wondering this as well since I've never sat in any yet. I'd consider ordering them, but not without plunking my butt in one first.

I only wish these new Recaros were as infinitely adjustable as the ones that were in my '79.....best seats I've owned in anything to date (and I've owned a lot of cars since).

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Been wondering this as well since I've never sat in any yet. I'd consider ordering them, but not without plunking my butt in one first.

I only wish these new Recaros were as infinitely adjustable as the ones that were in my '79.....best seats I've owned in anything to date (and I've owned a lot of cars since).
My favorite seats I've ever had:

157431-500-0.jpg

I absolutely LOVE front bench seats. Shame there aren't more cars with them available these days; so comfortable!

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats

157431-500-0.jpg

I absolutely LOVE front bench seats. Shame there aren't more cars with them available these days; so comfortable!
Ahhh...remember when "bucket" seats were an option over bench? :ford:

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I guess I should have specified best BUCKET seats I've ever had..... :thumbsup:

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus

Ha those look super plush Jimmy, my favorite has to be my buddies '85 Oldsmobile Toronado Caliente Supreme...hard not to fall asleep in seats so comfortable.

And I'm dying here thinking about taking a corner hard in those seats and rolling all the way to the other side of the car smacking your face on the door.. :lol:

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcarusophotography.com
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp recaro
I finally took delivery and I must say, the recaro seats are worth every penny. They do fit snug for me. I would say I am average sized, slightly broader shoulders but no gut by any means. I could see some people not enjoying them for that reason. BUT, they hug so tight, keep you in place and it really makes the car driving feel that much better. Again, it is all what you want out of your car. I wanted a race inspired vehicle I can have fun with while I go about my routine, the recaros add to that.

Also I should mention, the leather is nice and thick on these seats. It isn't too soft and feels of superb quality.
Sponsored