Sponsored

Question For The (Non Shelby) Recaro Owners

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the (non Shelby) Recaro’s, please could you do me a favour ?

Please can you reach under the front of the seat, feel for the plastic clip that runs the width of the bolster to secure the cover to the frame and tell me if it’s clipped to the seat frame or is it un clipped and a little loose ?

I have some work to do on the drivers seat and in doing my prep work I noticed mine was un clipped, but when I check the passenger side that’s also un clipped.

Now I appreciate that I might have caught the drivers side and unknowingly dislodged it, but the chance of me (or a passenger) doing the same on the passenger side seems pretty slim - especially when the car is reasonably new (2020) and the passenger side seat has probably only had an arse sat on it for about 200 miles …

Thanks in advance for any responses :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Both sides are clipped tightly here.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Both sides are clipped tightly here.
So we only have a small sample size, but it looks like Flat Rock strikes again ... lol

Thank you :like:

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked and it was clipped under both mine..

celica0774

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT convertible PP1
Those damn clips.
I've had them come loose on several vehicles, not just Fords. Is there some trick to keeping them clipped on? I expect that there should be a tang or ridge or something on the metal seat frame to retain the clip.

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My seat has been out today so I managed to have a good look underneath :like:

I clipped it back on, and it pinged off when I squished the booster down and tension was lost (what must have happened from the factory).

On close inspection clipping it on is not enough, once it’s clipped in place in needs reasonable force and then an audible click is heard as it engages with barbs on the seat frame.

This is the clip that hangs open side downwards when it’s un clipped :

1625258169557.jpeg

1625258189620.jpeg

It needs to be stretched, rolled under the seat so the open side is upwards and then clipped onto the frame, kind of like this position :

1625258210364.jpeg

Tension in the seat cover will hold it in place until you can squeeze it and seat it on the barbs.

Interestingly, most of the clips around the seat base were only loosely clipped in place and not seated on the barbs, but it’s only really an issue on the front edge where tension in the cover can be lost when the front edge of the seat is compressed.

All my clips are now securely in place :like:

Sponsored