Sponsored

Recaro owners

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
With all the great reviews on the standard seats, especially the premium leather with power, heat and cooled etc why would you pay extra and lose all those extras?
I've found several premium EBs and GTs at dealers but then was disappointed to see they stock ordered them with Recaros. They basically threw away the power, heat/cool and memory function which is kind of a big deal in the North Country.
Are these Recaros that good? And how many Mustang owners really have the time or ability to take their DD to a racetrack? 1% realistically?
Sponsored

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
With all the great reviews on the standard seats, especially the premium leather with power, heat and cooled etc why would you pay extra and lose all those extras?
I've found several premium EBs and GTs at dealers but then was disappointed to see they stock ordered them with Recaros. They basically threw away the power, heat/cool and memory function which is kind of a big deal in the North Country.
Are these Recaros that good? And how many Mustang owners really have the time or ability to take their DD to a racetrack? 1% realistically?
Like most things, seats, like wheel combinations, trim options, package groupings, etc. are like Beauty itself...it's in the eye of the beholder. Yes, you are absolutely right as to why would anyone who uses their vehicle as a daily driver, especially anywhere North of the Mason-Dixon line, opt to pay upwards of over 1.6K for hard, non-electric, minimally adjustable seats? Why a dealer would order them is one thing for stock is beyond me but for myself (I reside near Pittsburgh originally from Rhode Island and Winter cold and wet conditions are the "norm"), I prefer them because their lumbar support and overall lateral stability along with head support is superior if involved in an accident hence my first concern was safety. Also, this vehicle is not my daily driver, nor is it my long haul driver. In short, my situation allowed me the opportunity to purchase them knowing I would not be in the saddle for long periods but when I was, I needed stability over comfort.:ford:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
To have a seat shell that's more supportive and less squishy than the standards (which are in fact very squishy despite their looks). Yes I would definitely pay the premium to have a superior seat for any kind of performance driving since that's why I'm buying this car in the first place. If it was a different kind of car, maybe I'd prefer the stock seats instead.

Why would you need to go to a track to appreciate them? Any kind of aggressive driving would be a point where they'd come ins handy. The seats aren't that aggressive.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They are also 100% leather where as the regular seats have leather surfaces.

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcarusophotography.com
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp recaro
To have a seat shell that's more supportive and less squishy than the standards (which are in fact very squishy despite their looks). Yes I would definitely pay the premium to have a superior seat for any kind of performance driving since that's why I'm buying this car in the first place. If it was a different kind of car, maybe I'd prefer the stock seats instead.

Why would you need to go to a track to appreciate them? Any kind of aggressive driving would be a point where they'd come ins handy. The seats aren't that aggressive.
You hit it my friend. I bought them because I bought this car as a performance fun car..as the money comes in it will get closer to a race inspired vehicle. Thats what I like and that why Recaro seats are a must for me, I like the feel look and support they add to the experience.

I do think the motorized seat loss is overrated though. For me, I have not moved my seat since I got my car in over a year, the passenger on moves fpr back seat storage (and only storage, no kids for me and friends know its only a two seater :) ).

It is all up to the driver though, this is what I want out of my Mustang; I want to feel like im on the track, even if im just going to work.

Sponsored

ShawnO

2015 Silver PP GT 400A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silver PP GT 400A
They are a great price if you are buying the car for amatuer track use. If its your DD or you just want to be cool you might not be happy. Depends on your cars use. Also, they might make resale difficult since you will limit your customer base simply because of the seats. People may not like them or your seats let them sssume the cars been tracked.

ShadowHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT
My thoughts were I was buying the car for what it is, or should be at least, a sports/performance/American muscle car. If I was worried about having luxury such as heated or cooled seats I would probably be shopping for other cars instead. To me, it doesn't enhance the performance under the hood so it's not a necessity.

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
They are really comfortable and seem to get better every day. They are really tight at first and seem to mold to you with some time. I'm happy so far I ordered them.

If I wanted a luxury car I would have bought something else. So everyone talking about the heated and cooled seats just makes me shake my head. Lol This is a performance car and needs performance seats in my opinion.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well talk to the guys that are complaining about their premium seats becoming very loose in spots,recaros are all real leather, thats what u pay for, and if taken care of properly will.look new for many years.Look at some of the pics of the factory premium seats with only a couple hundred miles on them.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well talk to the guys that are complaining about their premium seats becoming very loose in spots,recaros are all real leather, thats what u pay for, and if taken care of properly will.look new for many years.Look at some of the pics of the factory premium seats with only a couple hundred miles on them.
This.

Sponsored

289isfine

289isfine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1200R
The version of Recaros offered DON'T have:

adjustable lumbar support
adjustable side bolsters
adjustable thigh support

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't sat in the new car with
Recaro's.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My car will go to the track maybe twice a year. I got Recaro's as I want the most supportive seat I can get. I like to feel held in and gripped when I get in the driver seat. Plus them being 100% leather is also a big plus.

Kolkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT + PP black/black/Redline
So how wide are the Recaro-seats? By coincidence I sat in a lancer evo the other day which was equipped with Recaro's that were pinching extremely uncomfortable for the thighs and gave me second thoughts on the specification I put out for the mustang... I mean I am a bigger guy, used to full race-buckets but that was insane. Any comments on the width of the seats?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
They are really comfortable and seem to get better every day. They are really tight at first and seem to mold to you with some time. I'm happy so far I ordered them.

If I wanted a luxury car I would have bought something else. So everyone talking about the heated and cooled seats just makes me shake my head. Lol This is a performance car and needs performance seats in my opinion.
I bought the car more as a luxury car than a performance car. I wanted a comfortable, solid, well built, high-luxury content car with the following requirements:

Two door.
Rear-wheel drive.
Naturally aspirated engine.

The choices are Mustang, Challenger, Lexus IS, Infiniti G37 (or whatever they call it now), Cadillac ATS. On ballgame the Mustang is the best choice, because the others are either on woefully old platforms or are underpowered. IS-F might have been an option.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I, m 5/10 215 pounds and I have no problem fitting in the seats, actually I still have some room.
Sponsored