Help with replaced motor/extended warranty offer from Ford

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I’ve had issues with the local dealer since buying my 17 350 two summers ago. Within 2000 miles owning it, it was obvious it was going to burn oil and lots of it. After getting the run around for over 8 months of increasing oil consumption and back and forth with the dealer even after it was way worse than 500 miles per quart, they finally replaced the motor 11/19. I took a road trip literally the day after getting it back, and half way through the road trip from GA-PA the front splitter came half way off of the car and the a/c compressor started making extremely loud noises and was barely working. After watching my sister get married, I kind of limped back to GA in the cold with no working a/c. I brought it back to the dealer and pointed out the missing hardware from the front splitter being reinstalled incorrectly. There are also clips, etc, missing in the engine bay, and turn signals weren’t install properly. They claimed they fixed it and also replaced the compressor with a newer model. About five weeks ago I was driving pretty quickly around 285 in Atlanta since quarantine traffic = no traffic, and just from the speed and wind blowing hard the front splitter came off of the car AGAIN and AGAIN you could see that there was missing hardware on the splitter. Limped back to the dealer for repairs and they had no loaner. I’ve been paying out of pocket for five weeks for a rental while they fix this problem.

So I’ve probably missed 6-7 days of work, gone 4-5 months without my car while it was in the shop, ($1000/m payment) and paid about $1000 for a rental car. When I finally called ford to talk about my issues with quality and lack in faith in 1) dealer service competence and 2) no faith in this motor past the warranty, their only offer was an additional 15k miles on the warranty for the power train. I feel like it’s not a great offer considering how much time I’ve gone without the car and the issues with repairs, plus I’ve seen a few others get offers of 100k and maybe even 120 IIRC. Am I crazy and being unrealistic or is this a shit offer?
Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Ford's offer doesn't seem bad since their only fault was the engine, which they made good on. It's your dealer who should be giving you a free extended warranty to make up for their piss poor service dept.
Find another dealer.

Frank.Herbst

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I’ve had issues with the local dealer since buying my 17 350 two summers ago. Within 2000 miles owning it, it was obvious it was going to burn oil and lots of it. After getting the run around for over 8 months of increasing oil consumption and back and forth with the dealer even after it was way worse than 500 miles per quart, they finally replaced the motor 11/19. I took a road trip literally the day after getting it back, and half way through the road trip from GA-PA the front splitter came half way off of the car and the a/c compressor started making extremely loud noises and was barely working. After watching my sister get married, I kind of limped back to GA in the cold with no working a/c. I brought it back to the dealer and pointed out the missing hardware from the front splitter being reinstalled incorrectly. There are also clips, etc, missing in the engine bay, and turn signals weren’t install properly. They claimed they fixed it and also replaced the compressor with a newer model. About five weeks ago I was driving pretty quickly around 285 in Atlanta since quarantine traffic = no traffic, and just from the speed and wind blowing hard the front splitter came off of the car AGAIN and AGAIN you could see that there was missing hardware on the splitter. Limped back to the dealer for repairs and they had no loaner. I’ve been paying out of pocket for five weeks for a rental while they fix this problem.

So I’ve probably missed 6-7 days of work, gone 4-5 months without my car while it was in the shop, ($1000/m payment) and paid about $1000 for a rental car. When I finally called ford to talk about my issues with quality and lack in faith in 1) dealer service competence and 2) no faith in this motor past the warranty, their only offer was an additional 15k miles on the warranty for the power train. I feel like it’s not a great offer considering how much time I’ve gone without the car and the issues with repairs, plus I’ve seen a few others get offers of 100k and maybe even 120 IIRC. Am I crazy and being unrealistic or is this a shit offer?
Did you ask for any pictures during the process? It is good to have supporting documentation with what you went through. Do you have a copy of the invoice you got showing what work was done? That would be interesting to see.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I was offered a 5yr/75k bumper to bumper or 7yr/100k powertrain. But that was a couple years ago and I’ve noticed from reading online they aren’t just handing those out any longer. If you called your regional Ford rep and that was all they offered, I’m not sure what else you can do.

Also, if i were you I’d install that splitter yourself...only way it’ll be done right(They got mine wrong twice). Can almost guarantee you’re missing some of the hardware too.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I know you shouldn’t have to do but I agree with the others. Check your splitter yourself. Get a parts break down from the parts department and get the missing clips you may be missing. They aren’t expensive. It’s relatively painless and a quick fix. Find another dealer that isn’t to inconvenient and tell them your concerns on the replacement install. For them it’s a great way to gain a customer. You may be able to set it up and just wait for it. Luckily I have a local dealer that the service department is top notch. Hopefully you can put it all behind you, the cars way to enjoyable to worry about.

Sponsored

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
OP get a better dealer, anytime i bring my 350 into the dealer they either give me a loaner or put me in rental car at the dealerships expense.

OP
OP
Droopy1592

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
They still reinstalled in incorrectly. I had to show the service director how easily the front splitter almost comes completely off of the car with a few pounds of pressure. I guess they aren’t offering 100k anymore. A friend pointed out a dealer I was unaware of.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
One thing that I found when dealing with my replacement/buyback was that the longer I kept the case open, the more motivated they were to yield on my requests. It's clear that they had checkpoints every 15 days.

Montoya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Everyone's circumstances are different. My warranty first offer was 75k bumper to bumper, but I pushed hard and rec'd the 125K 8 year premium care warranty. But, your circumstances are more a case of poor service from your dealer as a result of factory defects. In my case it was excellent dealer service and all Ford defects. I would push for a better offer in any case.
Sponsored