Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm just wondering how I can get the wrench, since its coming straight from Ford and not the dealer.

I never received any of the letters so I sure I wont get the wrench.
Try going to the dealer. The Service Action should show off in their systems and probably they can import the wrench and invoice the costs back to Ford.

This is what I'm going to do in Chile.

EDIT: of course, Ford must be willing to send it to Germany, but maybe you can agree something like sharing costs (50/50)... you would end up paying less than trying to buy one over e-bay or an aftermarket one that could not be an exact fit for the GT350's oil filter.
Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm just wondering how I can get the wrench, since its coming straight from Ford and not the dealer.

I never received any of the letters so I sure I wont get the wrench.
It's in Fords system and can be ordered through the dealer. My dealer ordered mine as a courtesy, I didn't even ask about it.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's in Fords system and can be ordered through the dealer. My dealer ordered mine as a courtesy, I didn't even ask about it.
Can you provide a photo of it when you get it? I'm interested in seeing the quality of it.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd like the part number on that wrench.... :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
***Update on the oil filter tool***

Ford is starting the process of mailing the kit out to owners April 2nd according to my dealer who spoke with a Ford rep.

SROLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just spoke to someone at Ford customer service and he verified that wrench etc kit is to be mailed direct to owners at the address that ford customer service has on file. This will start on 4/3/17 and run thru mid June until all done. Person did not know in what order they would be sent out.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Just spoke to someone at Ford customer service and he verified that wrench etc kit is to be mailed direct to owners at the address that ford customer service has on file. This will start on 4/3/17 and run thru mid June until all done. Person did not know in what order they would be sent out.
My dealer's Service Manager emailed me the exact same language:

"Owners will be sent the same package that dealers are receiving for stock vehicles. Packages are expected to be mailed beginning the week of April 3, 2017 and continue through June 5, 2017."

It will be interesting to see if they mail them in order of purchase or just some other random method. Maybe time to start a new thread - I got my new Supplemental Owners Manual, Oil Filter and Filter Wrench ;)

My dealer also ordered the oil cooler hose Recall parts for me. But I'm not in a big hurry to get it done.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Finally got my letter in the mail. I'll probably get it done next week. Anyone in the central Florida area that can recommend a reputable dealership? I'm definitely taking it in with the front splitter already removed, that's for sure.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just ordered the cooler line assembly through Autonation. They couldn't sell it to me before due to the restriction but can now. It's coming with some R front/rear springs, R swaybar, etc. Going to add the R splitter I have when I do the lines. Can't wait!

CF rear R spoiler coming from Carbon2Carbon as well. Aw yeah...

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
If you don't have an R they can just take the center section out of the front splitter to then get to the oil cooler line. My dealership said that's what they did on mine and an hour later it was done including putting one quart of oil in.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Mine is scheduled for the repair this Monday. Hopefully, they will install the splitter correctly this time.

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Just picked up mine from dealer. Everything seems to be in order after new oil lines installed. Complimentary oil change was thrown in by dealer. Had them check issue I posted about late last year having to due with not being able to change Driving Modes. As surmised then, issue was due to low battery ... battery now on a tender.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Picked mine up last night and drove her about 20 miles. Checked underneath this morning and no leaks and also Started her up this morning and everything seems to be in working order. Hashtag knockonwood
Sponsored