Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Stopped at dealer yesterday to make sure everything was OK for oïl change appointment on April 5th and they confirmed parts availability. They ordered them and will do the recall work on the 5th!

Anyone else in Canada got their recall done?
Neither my friend and i went since of course our cars are still hibernating.

We're waiting for weather to cooperate and potholes to disapear out on the roads and city streets. And believe me their are LOTS of those moon size craters around here.

So no later than mid April i'm guessing is when we'll have our recall work done.

Keep us in the loop as to how it goes with the recall work at Chartrand Ford. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have the shop that does warranty work for MA'S in Germany ordering the parts. Going to schedule the work when the parts arrive

88mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have the shop that does warranty work for MA'S in Germany ordering the parts. Going to schedule the work when the parts arrive
I'm going through a similar process here in Chile. Parts are being imported by Ford, then I'll schedule the work.

Since GT350s are not sold here I'm a little worried that the Ford techs that get their hands on my car know what they are doing...

Do you guys think this repair requires specific GT350 knowledge from the tech or should I be able to get a quality job by a skilled tech (that is not necesarilly familiarized with the GT350) following the steps published by Ford?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
So I called my dealer and they said my car did not fall under the recall. I told her I had the letter and that I know any car built before 9/1 requires the recall service. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back to say the tech is trying to order but Ford won't let him. I told them to figure it out by Friday. If not, I'll try another dealer. Unreal, Ford sends out that the parts are available then I hear they can't be ordered by my idiot dealer? WTF?

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm going through a similar process here in Chile. Parts are being imported by Ford, then I'll schedule the work.

Since GT350s are not sold here I'm a little worried that the Ford techs that get their hands on my car know what they are doing...

Do you guys think this repair requires specific GT350 knowledge from the tech or should I be able to get a quality job by a skilled tech (that is not necesarilly familiarized with the GT350) following the steps published by Ford?
You should have no problem with a good tech. It's not much more than replacing parts, no diagnostic work required. Techs get into first time jobs all the time and a shop manual is their only guide.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

I was worried until the tech knew exactly what I was calling about when I told him I had a GT350. The call when like this

ME: English?

TECH: yes May I help you

ME: I have a GT350

TECH: is that a 2016?

ME: Yes

TECH: You have a recall on it

ME: Yes, that's why I called

TECH: No problem; I need your VIN and I can order the parts.

So it sounds like someone else has already been the guinea pig here.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I was worried until the tech knew exactly what I was calling about when I told him I had a GT350. The call when like this

ME: English?

TECH: yes May I help you

ME: I have a GT350

TECH: is that a 2016?

ME: Yes

TECH: You have a recall on it

ME: Yes, that's why I called

TECH: No problem; I need your VIN and I can order the parts.

So it sounds like someone else has already been the guinea pig here.
Well the Germans are nothing if not thorough.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Dropped into my dealer in Oshawa on Tuesday and they opened a work order and are ordering the parts.

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
I got my letter from Ford on Tuesday this week to tell me that parts were available and I should get in touch with my dealership. I e-mailed my dealer and got immediate response that tech department ordered the parts and scheduled an appointment for this Saturday morning. Very reactive if you ask me.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I got my letter from Ford on Tuesday this week to tell me that parts were available and I should get in touch with my dealership. I e-mailed my dealer and got immediate response that tech department ordered the parts and scheduled an appointment for this Saturday morning. Very reactive if you ask me.
The dealer I called received the parts the next day. Service schedule for later today.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mind PM'ing me the shop info? Thanks.

I'm just wondering how I can get the wrench, since its coming straight from Ford and not the dealer.

I never received any of the letters so I sure I wont get the wrench.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Dropped off my car last night to the dealer. Suppose to be ready later today.
Sponsored