Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
My Track pack is part of the recall. My question is if the oil pressure drops significantly will the engine notify itself and shut down.

:ford::ford::ford:
No, speaking from experience: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66091

Long story short, you will get a full screen notification in the central display (between tach and speedo) "Low Oil Pressure" and the car will make the bong, bong, bong sound like it does when you open the door with the car still running or forget headlights on.

Also, note that you have to hold in the start/stop button to stop the engine while the car is moving. I was unable to turn off my engine until rolling to a stop because I did not know this. I kept trying to press the button to turn it off when I had a sudden loss of oil pressure.
Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
An example of what I would assumed (initially anyway) was the issue, a fitting to hose "crimped" assembly. Shown is the hose assembly that leads forward to the small radiator from the oil filter adapter.

from what i understand, you are correct.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'd imagine that once you screw with it and something should happen, you just owned the problem.

My service advisor told me to drive it like this never happened and if in the unlikely event that there was a problem, Ford would cover it.

That is exactly what I plan to do.
I just checked on F0077, GR107 and HR019 and everyone of my cars have recalls.

It is my understanding that official notification will be sent out to us owners with parts availability sometime early in 2017.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Keep Driving ?????????????????

No, speaking from experience: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66091

Long story short, you will get a full screen notification in the central display (between tach and speedo) "Low Oil Pressure" and the car will make the bong, bong, bong sound like it does when you open the door with the car still running or forget headlights on.

Also, note that you have to hold in the start/stop button to stop the engine while the car is moving. I was unable to turn off my engine until rolling to a stop because I did not know this. I kept trying to press the button to turn it off when I had a sudden loss of oil pressure.
Whos going to keep driving and whos going to park it ????????????:ford::ford::ford::ford:

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Ambiguity, and why I hate it. Ford's press release wording...

The oil cooler is sandwiched between the oil filter and the oil filter adapter (which bolts to the block). The oil cooler does not have permanently attached hoses to it and the hoses are available separately. There are two elbows swaged into the cooler tube (assembly) that allow hoses to be attached. Those two hoses circulate coolant.

The oil filter adapter has two hoses than run forward to the oil cooler "mini radiator."

In the following photo:

#30 is the oil filter adapter
#31 is the oil cooler
#32 is the oil filter

In the next photo:

#6B850B is the hose assembly that attaches the oil cooler radiator to the oil filter adapter

#6B851/6B850A connect the oil cooler to a radiator hose that circulates coolant

The wording from Ford is not 100% clear on whether this is the oil cooler or any hose that connects to it.

Does the "oil cooler" (#31) have oil line connections, or only coolant line connections? Is the cooler essentially a water jacket around a central core that feeds oil to/from the filter? If so, then if this is an "oil cooler" line integrity problem, might that mean that the loss of oil isn't the problem, but the loss of coolant is?

Sponsored

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
I AM ON THE LIST ! :ford:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
An example of what I would assumed (initially anyway) was the issue, a fitting to hose "crimped" assembly. Shown is the hose assembly that leads forward to the small radiator from the oil filter adapter.

this should be on first post:clap2:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I AM ON THE LIST ! :ford:

Same here!

I'm still going to drive it since owners have not been notified to stop driving their cars.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Yup, I'm on the list...Timing couldn't be better with snow forecasted tonight (and all that comes with it...)

Thanks to the OP and all others posting info and pics for us :cheers:

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
Yup, I'm on the list...Timing couldn't be better with snow forecasted tonight (and all that comes with it...)

Thanks to the OP and all others posting info and pics for us :cheers:
I agree. Although a recall isn't usually good, it is good timing. And it is good that Ford admitted a problem and are making steps to fix it, even if parts/the remedy take until next year.

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
keep driving, they will fix when available. Maybe I should sell my Track Pack. Probably worth more right now! ;)

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Dumb question, would the recall fix include an oil change?

Is anybody worried that a dealer tech fixed line could be more prone to issues than one off the assembly line?

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Not only do I plan to drive it, I plan to track it.
Let me know where you are running and what group so I won't get caught in the oil dump IF it lets go on track. I have seen the results of cars caught in somebody's fluid dump on track and it wasn't pretty.

Peter
Sponsored