Sponsored

Reasons I ordered s550 vs waiting on s650

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Life is too short to wait for a car you want.
I would buy something immediately available, if necessary pre-owned.
If, at some point, I find myself looking at an S650 that I like against all odds, I can always trade it in.
Yep.

The voice of reason right here.
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Life is too short to wait for a car you want.
I would buy something immediately available, if necessary pre-owned.
If, at some point, I find myself looking at an S650 that I like against all odds, I can always trade it in.
My wife, who was never into such things before we bought our Mustang, is enamored with the 2024 Dark Horse. I admit that, other than the front that I don't like, that's a pretty attractive car. And should I decide that I want it, then yes, I can always trade in this one and count the depreciation towards the sheer enjoyment of the car in the meantime.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Are the 21 to 23 GT's hard to tune? Alejandro Flores mentioned this in his podcast. The 2020 being the last year.

Anyone can confirm?

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Your point about price is well taken. I think the Dark Horse price is likely to be breath-taking. And then there will be the ADM.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
Wow, I just looked up the interior of the s650. Looks like a modern mini van interior. Ford saved so much money on buttons clusters radio everything lol. The interior is so damn ugly what a joke!

Sponsored

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
The S650 just looks too "edgy" to me. Maybe seeing it in person would change my mind. Im getting flashbacks to my camaro days when i see it..lol

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Wow, I just looked up the interior of the s650. Looks like a modern mini van interior. Ford saved so much money on buttons clusters radio everything lol. The interior is so damn ugly what a joke!
Alternatively, it is more modern with better quality fixtures and fittings. That is why we don't all buy the same car! Ford clearly see their global customers for the car will prefer the new layout, time will tell.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You think? I wouldn't bet my life on it.
It does look a bit better internally from the pictures, but as I said before it is hopefully up to European standards for Ford, which still leaves room for improvement. The current car is no better than a 2010 Mondeo.

Having said that several 'premium' brands are not quite as good as they would like you to think, and you certainly pay for it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We should all buy a S650 so Stang Mode can continue to make money off his you tube channel instead of getting a real job...

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
We should all buy a S650 so Stang Mode can continue to make money off his you tube channel instead of getting a real job...
Winning post right here!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I bought mine this year because I was ready to order it now and I got it configured exactly the way I want it. Not to mention I got a crazy good trade in price for my S550 V6. No telling what the future holds regarding the economy or just life in general so i went for it and am going to enjoy it as long as I can. I do really like the exterior of the S650 but I donā€™t need digital everything on the interior so, at least right now, I donā€™t need an S650. Now, if a Shelby comes along in a few years for the S650, I may jump all over one.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I bought the s550. because well I liked it. the s650 is for the next generation that has not grown up with switches, and levers for everything in most cars. I think the tablet thing will be a fad that will become dated very quickly.
I don't mind the digital gauge clusters, mine has it. as the analog gauge "looking"cluster is digital gauges with a stepper motor to make it look like analog gauges, both are driven by the ecu. True analog gauge clusters left the building in the 80's.
The s650 is going to be a hard sell with interest rates going to the moon. I'm glad I didn't wait.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was a mistake not to offer the conventional dash vs the digital like they did with the 2018+ models. I understand they are drawing a line, but sheeshh do we really need those stupid ipad's in our cars? give me a break.. we're driving the car. It's the same with appliances, etc.. Don't put a GD electronic screen on the front of my dishwasher so the heat from the unit can melt it. Rant over...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Winning post right here!
sorry, couldn't resist. When I saw stang mode up on Stage during the reveal Ford lost all credibility with me... So that's what it's come to... catering to these social media idiots who have nothing better to do with their time.
Sponsored