rear view camera foggy?

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
i noticed with this "new used" bullitt i bought that i dont think that the rear view camera is as clear as it is in my explorer or even the previous bullitt i owned. maybe im just imagining things but it almost seems like theres a film over the lens or something...the image just isnt clear, kindof cloudy i guess. i tried using some all purpose cleaner on the lens thinking maybe theres some sort of buildup on it but that didnt really do much.

any ideas?
Sponsored

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
It’ll need a new camera, it’s a common fault apparently, depending on the age of the car Ford should replace it under warranty.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Thanks! Do you know if this is part of a recall? The factory bumper to bumper expired this September. Just was wondering if I can lean on the local ford dealer? I reached out to the prior dealer in Kansas bc I’m pretty sure the state required a 30 day warranty on any car out of warranty but I obviously am not going to drive 15 hours back there

jonny10buds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt, 1972 Lincoln Continental MkIV, 2010 Honda Accord (daily driver)
Thanks! Do you know if this is part of a recall? The factory bumper to bumper expired this September. Just was wondering if I can lean on the local ford dealer? I reached out to the prior dealer in Kansas bc I’m pretty sure the state required a 30 day warranty on any car out of warranty but I obviously am not going to drive 15 hours back there
I don’t know, I’m in the UK sorry, I just know a few owners here have had their cameras replaced under warranty.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Here is the latest recall. Not sure if it would address your specific issue as it is software related but it's worth try.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...p-camera-traction-control-issues-a4065406072/

Her's the original recall but it was for 2015/2017 cars.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-recalls-330000-mustang-rear-view-camera-issues/
To add, the 15-17 recall was just for the wiring harness. I don't believe any of us 15-17 owners get a new backup camera on this recall, strictly just the harness replacement.

I would be curious to know if there is a high quality aftermarket camera that will pop right in as a plug and play alternative for upgrading the camera quality.

OP
OP
Adotcaruso86

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport