nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Hey everyone,

So, I have RTR tech 7 wheels 20x10.5 +45 on rear and I am running BfGoodrich Comp2 AS 305/35/20. I am dropped on Steeda Progressive 1 inch drop. I got it aligned as well rear camber at 1.8.

I am rubbing when I go through bumps. From what I have read the tire and the wheel and the drop should not have any issue.

So my question is what is the max rear camber with no modification. The alignment shop says it is maxed out.

And do any of you have this setup and any such issues.

Thank you!
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Don't know for certain, since max camber was more than I wanted. I've run 1.9-2.0 and I don't think I was maxed out quite yet. Never heard of anyone not being able to make it past 1.8 before.

Did they set the rear camber at all, or was it already at 1.8? A lot of shops don't know where the slot to adjust rear camber is at and incorrectly state that rear camber isn't adjustable at all. Its not the typical marked adjustment thing.

OP
OP
nj888

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Don't know for certain, since max camber was more than I wanted. I've run 1.9-2.0 and I don't think I was maxed out quite yet. Never heard of anyone not being able to make it past 1.8 before.

Did they set the rear camber at all, or was it already at 1.8? A lot of shops don't know where the slot to adjust rear camber is at and incorrectly state that rear camber isn't adjustable at all. Its not the typical marked adjustment thing.
Yes, It should have been around 1.6, 1.5 before alignment, I told them if they could do like 1.8 or 2 to tuck the tire in, and also provided them with the document(found here) for where to adjust. That is what I am trying to figure out if they just said it maxed out. The alignment sheet says 1.8.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Max is like 3 or 4 degrees. I don’t know the number, but it’s obviously a lot. Source: I do my own alignments.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey everyone,

So, I have RTR tech 7 wheels 20x10.5 +45 on rear and I am running BfGoodrich Comp2 AS 305/35/20. I am dropped on Steeda Progressive 1 inch drop. I got it aligned as well rear camber at 1.8.

I am rubbing when I go through bumps. From what I have read the tire and the wheel and the drop should not have any issue.

So my question is what is the max rear camber with no modification. The alignment shop says it is maxed out.

And do any of you have this setup and any such issues.

Thank you!
Max camber is like Dana says way way beyond 1.8 degrees - I think with lowering springs it actually limits camber on the positive side. With stock parts, camber is adjusted by sliding inboard side of the camber link inside the slot in the frame - doesn't look like the shop made that important discovery (or looked at the manual).

Your problem is also that you run tractor sized tire (more than inch larger diameter than stock PP tires).

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Crawl under and look at the adjuster bolts. Take pics. Complain to shop about not touching the adjusting bolts.

I'd bet a gallon of E85 they didn't touch them.

OP
OP
nj888

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Max camber is like Dana says way way beyond 1.8 degrees - I think with lowering springs it actually limits camber on the positive side. With stock parts, camber is adjusted by sliding inboard side of the camber link inside the slot in the frame - doesn't look like the shop made that important discovery (or looked at the manual).

Your problem is also that you run tractor sized tire (more than inch larger diameter than stock PP tires).
Haha, ya no option for all season on 305/30, also wanted some side wall. Looks like shop is not being honest.
Sponsored