frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Bit the Bullitt, so to speak, & replaced the panel with a CJPony Ford Performance plain panel. Pic below. Went well however here are some comments about this replace.

1 The CJ video is fine on the take off: Get a good heavy duty plastic pry bar, got mine at AutoZone, I broke the first 2 - good thing otherwise the original panel would have cracked.

2 The camera jack would not pull off even with holding the release bar. The wiring lead is real short so not much room. I used a small screw driver and broke the bar. No big deal but you will have to tape it to hold when installing the new panel.

3 The video is for a GT so what came with the new panel was different, but perfect for the Bullitt! Taking the old panel off took awhile putting the new one on was a 5 minute job! It would have been less if I didn’t have to tape the camera jack.

Any questions just ask.

frank
Sponsored

OP
OP
frankeric16

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to keep the original and just take the "dog bowl" off but after looking at how they attached it I decided to go this route. PJPony was a big help & great service!

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I like it - I've been debating pulling of the Bullitt letters I put on my FP back panel; your's looks great! What it really needs is the concentric circles and Bullitt painted on my someone who does hot rod/race car lettering and pin striping. I've found a guy in KC who agreed to do it if i send him a blank panel. That would give me 3 back panels: the OE panel with the dog bowl, the FP back panel like yours with the 2001 Bullitt letters, and the painted one. i'm sick man... 4 panels if i revert to your tasty version....

Sponsored

OP
OP
frankeric16

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it does look good. I've been looking at chrome lettering, small & slightly script. Maybe on the end of the trunk tip. I really don't want to put anything on the new panel. Went out this morning and a guy in a truck pulled up and asked "what is that?" I smiled and told him it's a Bullitt! That's just what I wanted to happen!
Cheers!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I like it - I've been debating pulling of the Bullitt letters I put on my FP back panel; your's looks great! What it really needs is the concentric circles and Bullitt painted on my someone who does hot rod/race car lettering and pin striping. I've found a guy in KC who agreed to do it if i send him a blank panel. That would give me 3 back panels: the OE panel with the dog bowl, the FP back panel like yours with the 2001 Bullitt letters, and the painted one. i'm sick man... 4 panels if i revert to your tasty version....
I was thinking of either blacked out BULLITT lettering like you have, or blaked out COYOTE lettering.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I know everyone has personal tastes but what exactly is unlikable about the "dog bowl"? They faux gas caps are on lots of high performance stangs.
20190315_204152.jpg
docs500.jpg
docsblt.jpg

OP
OP
frankeric16

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO it's not really the "dog bowl" I like the silver letters. It's the fake looking bulls eye, but that's just me.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
IMHO it's not really the "dog bowl" ... It's the fake looking bulls eye, but that's just me.

THIS ^^^^

Ford’s design Team should have left the rear panel blank OR if wanting to be totally “McQueen retro”, delete the Bullitt Bullseye logo off the appliqué and just made the face of it matte black.

imaginager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DHG 2019 Bullitt K3013
I swapped out my rear taillight panel for the blank OEM panel last weekend; that was the first thing I ordered after getting the car in my garage. I like the de-badged look, but I hedged by ordering a custom medallion. It will be a 5" diameter, aluminum round with recessed characters, the entire piece finished in satin black. The idea is that it will disappear on the panel and just be a subtle visual cue for the observant.
f-13-16-12109217_rUncaT0i_BulMedallion.png

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The dog bowl is WAY too big, IMO. Hence the name dog bowl. The Bullitt should have less "stuff" on the exterior. Not more.

I replaced my panel a few months ago and love it. Especially with the extra lines from the 18+ panel. They it look like something's missing.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I like the emblem and imo the car looks like its missing something (which it is) when its removed. Its the one and only emblem on the car and to me fits just fine. and fwiw McQueens car had the gas cap blacked out, not removed.