Rear camber adjustment Pics - how to

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
I used a Flex Box-End Ratcheting Combination Wrench I got at Lowe's, KOBALT #0338377 18mm. This or one like it should work. After I did the springs and shocks & struts, so I took it to a Dealer to get the oil changed [ extended warranty ], so I decided I'm already here so I'll have them do an alignment to. Well the Jackass of a mechanic did the front just fine, but like a lot of people have found out they can't seem to figure out how to loosen the bolts to move the rear wheel in or out to adjust the camber!:shrug: Before he started the alignment I walk out to the car on a lift and got up under it and pointed to the bolts and told him about the adjustment slots! So about 2 hrs later they come in to the waiting area saying the rear end is not adjustable, so I discuss this with them for a little bit and decide their are f#@king idiots and I no longer want them to try anything else with it. So I take it home and do the rear in my driveway, they did say the toe on the rear wheels was good so I use a level and a rule to set the rear camber to about .6. it's supposed to be .8 to 1.2, but I was tired of screwing with it for the day. I have not noticed any abnormal wear or handling, so I'm leaving it there.:crazy:
Thanks for the tips. Ended up using 18mm deep socket on passenger side and 18mm wrench on the driver side. I took the bolt out holding the fuel line or whatever that line is in the way to be able to move it around a little. I turned the bolt loose so that the arm drops on its own. Then I took a jack and raised it under the rotor till the preferred height was achieved, then tightened down. Pretty simple once you figure out how to get around the big fat line and the right location to tighten down to.
Sponsored

trustyrusty436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is another bolt below the upper one, I'd loosen it to, I actually just loosened up the bolts and work it back and forth to make sure it was coming out as far as possible, then tighten the bolts back up. This is what I did and I'm not into racing or track days, so it's close enough for me anyway.:shrug:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted to share a great, new product from Steeda - https://www.steeda.com/rear-camber-adjustment-kit.html

Product Benefits
  • Bolt-on design/No Permanent modifications necessary
  • Utilizes the full 2.0 degrees of adjustment from the factory
  • Works with stock camber arm, Steeda adjustable camber and aftermarket non-adjustable camber arms
  • Highest quality parts
  • Can be installed without removing the rear subframe
  • Lifetime warranty and MADE IN THE USA
  • Patent Pending

Best Regards,

TJ

nj888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
NJ
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018
Do you pull in or outward for less camber?
Thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
That's exactly why I'm going to do it since half the idiots out there will do the same. Once you loosen the bolt can u just pull on the top of wheel or rotor to pull it out and adjust? Then go back under and tighten?
Did you work this out?
I'm at the same step you were at.

Cheers
Stu
Sponsored